The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medicine 2022 Hold list

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by georgiepollyanna
i haven't heard back from anywhere esle yet either, all the ones i've applied to are taking ages to come back to people. this really wasnt the first piece of news i wanted to hear

Exactly - where else are waiting to hear back from?
Original post by georgiepollyanna
i haven't heard back from anywhere esle yet either, all the ones i've applied to are taking ages to come back to people. this really wasnt the first piece of news i wanted to hear

me too!
Original post by rosiehome
hi - where has everyone else heard from? I’m stressing because I really thought Newc was my best interview and haven’t heard from anywhere else yet😬

Edinburgh offer and haven't heard back from others
Reply 23
Does anyone find it concerning the number of people on hold ? Idk maybe I’m just stressed because this is the first uni I’ve heard back from and I wasn’t expecting this but there’s about 5 of us who applied to Newcastle in my college and all of us have been put on hold 😭 basically I feel like the odds don’t look good.
Reply 24
I just called to ask whether they could give the Hold list people an indication of how many offers they have made and how many people are on hold. The person I spoke to was in the medicine office, but not on the admissions team. He said that they were planning weekly updates for the people on hold. I said it would be very helpful if they could give numbers in their updates for offers to date and number of people on hold. He said he would pass that on to the team.

Original post by Mas34HH
Does anyone find it concerning the number of people on hold ? Idk maybe I’m just stressed because this is the first uni I’ve heard back from and I wasn’t expecting this but there’s about 5 of us who applied to Newcastle in my college and all of us have been put on hold 😭 basically I feel like the odds don’t look good.

I think you should see that as encouraging! Maybe they have made 200 offers, put 500 people on hold and are rejecting 300. IF that was the case you expect the majority to be on hold, but that at least half of them will get an offer. Without numbers we just don't know. So try to stay hopeful.
so sad to see all the recent newcastle rejections :frown: but seems like none of them were on hold so i guess good news for us!
It would have been far easier for the uni to reject us rather than put us on hold.

They must expect some movement from the waitlist else they would have rejected us straight away.
I rang them. Gist of it is places will be offered to those on hold only if places are rejected by others
Original post by Hazard0202
I rang them. Gist of it is places will be offered to those on hold only if places are rejected by others

Remember though, some people on hold will reject Newcastle.
I've put on the main thread my phone call that's got a few more details, might be helpful, the post is a few days old :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by CatInTheCorner
I've put on the main thread my phone call that's got a few more details, might be helpful, the post is a few days old :smile:

Do you have a link to the post, not very active on here so finding my way around is proving harder than I thought
Anyone heard anything?
Anyone heard anything?

no. i was hoping that since they started sending out offers two weeks today they would start today but they didn't. It could be tomorrow though as that's when they did it last year.
someone in the newcastle chat did say that someone from Newcastle admissions said we would find out this week but I don't know how reliable this info is. I do hope we find out soon as I just really want to find out and move on. However, i doubt anyones firmed and insured so early so probably won't find out soon
Reply 34
I am very tempted to withdraw my spot and was just asking if anybody already else has. This waiting game is really not the one and I am
fortunate to have offer elsewhere, I don’t want maybe take an offer from someone else who has it all riding on Newcastle ?
I made a post on the main newcastle thread after I called them :smile: Essentially, they're reviewing the hold list at the end of this month. Our offers depend on previous offer answers, and they will be released in batches, based solely on interivew scores. If someone with the same interview score as you gets an offer, you will too. PARTNERS and non-PARTNERS will wait the same amount, they're scored differently but the Newcastle team gets together at the same times, so it doesn't matter in terms of waiting. If they have no responses to previous offers by the deadline, they will just make decisions on the hold list, and they didn't tell me if that would be offers or rejections :smile:
Original post by Kurdd
I am very tempted to withdraw my spot and was just asking if anybody already else has. This waiting game is really not the one and I am
fortunate to have offer elsewhere, I don’t want maybe take an offer from someone else who has it all riding on Newcastle ?

Thats really kind and considerate. Thank you and wish you all the best for the future x
Reply 37
Thats really kind and considerate. Thank you and wish you all the best for the future x

Honestly, I really know the struggle as I am a gap year applicant. I hope that if I were to withdraw it would open another spot for somebody else who really does need it.
Reply 38
Original post by Kurdd

It’s a lovely thing for you to think like this, and would only recommend doing it if you are 100% happy with other offers, even though jt is likely to benefit others. So considerate of you I agree
Reply 39
Original post by Kurdd

Thats really nice of you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending