The Student Room Group

I did really bad in english paper 1 I cried in the exam

I am dyslexic and I struggle with taking information in (the text) and It was horrible. I ended up crying in the exam because normally my writing skills are good and I normally do better in writing than reading and I didn't do better. I feel so nervous because I know deep down I have got a grade three which is scaring me because my education is going to go down hill. If I fail then I have no option but to start a job or create my own business because it's too stressful, I can't sit in an exam without overthinking.
Did anyone else struggle?
Gcses are mostly only for sixth form, if u already know where ur going then its fine. I found it fine, although question two was rlly weird but i finished everything good.
Original post by Anonymous
nah it was p easy I think i got a 9

Good job then.
Original post by Pseudonymous0
Gcses are mostly only for sixth form, if u already know where ur going then its fine. I found it fine, although question two was rlly weird but i finished everything good.

That's awesome. Well done.
I wish I did better. Do you think if I aim for a 5 or 6 for the paper 2 will I be ok? In my mocks I have been passing but I think my anxiety got to me and I can't stop crying
Hello,
It’s okay to cry, you shouldn’t feel embarrassed or ashamed, sometimes the stress just gets too overwhelming and we can no longer hold it in anymore. Everyone reacts to stress differently.
You cant be sure which grade you have until the results come out, so try not to think about that right now
Original post by Squiggles1238
Hello,
It’s okay to cry, you shouldn’t feel embarrassed or ashamed, sometimes the stress just gets too overwhelming and we can no longer hold it in anymore. Everyone reacts to stress differently.
You cant be sure which grade you have until the results come out, so try not to think about that right now

Hi, I knew exactly how to answer as I have been revising so much and my English is pretty good in terms of writing. The issue is, I don't do well with my anxiety or exams. I can't read well, I have always had comprehension issues ever since I was little. Reading is such a tricky thing for me and I just don't want to fail. Even Q5 I did absolutely terrible in which deep down I know I did.
I shouldn't be grading myself, I just really want a pass at least. I never want to re take this.
Hi, I knew exactly how to answer as I have been revising so much and my English is pretty good in terms of writing. The issue is, I don't do well with my anxiety or exams. I can't read well, I have always had comprehension issues ever since I was little. Reading is such a tricky thing for me and I just don't want to fail. Even Q5 I did absolutely terrible in which deep down I know I did.
I shouldn't be grading myself, I just really want a pass at least. I never want to re take this.

Do you not have any exam access arrangements if you have dyslexia?
Original post by Squiggles1238
Do you not have any exam access arrangements if you have dyslexia?

I did have extra time but still I did bad which is really bad
I am dyslexic and I struggle with taking information in (the text) and It was horrible. I ended up crying in the exam because normally my writing skills are good and I normally do better in writing than reading and I didn't do better. I feel so nervous because I know deep down I have got a grade three which is scaring me because my education is going to go down hill. If I fail then I have no option but to start a job or create my own business because it's too stressful, I can't sit in an exam without overthinking.
Did anyone else struggle?

First thing first, you don't know for certain that you have got a grade 3, it's so hard to try and grade yourself accurately after any exam, let alone for a subject like English!

The best bet is to put today behind you, and concentrate on what you can control moving forward. I know that can be easier said than done do try your best. Look forward, prepare for the rest of your exams as best as you can and give yourself a break now and again, you may have surprised yourself with how you did today :smile:
Original post by Evil Homer
First thing first, you don't know for certain that you have got a grade 3, it's so hard to try and grade yourself accurately after any exam, let alone for a subject like English!

The best bet is to put today behind you, and concentrate on what you can control moving forward. I know that can be easier said than done do try your best. Look forward, prepare for the rest of your exams as best as you can and give yourself a break now and again, you may have surprised yourself with how you did today :smile:

Hi, I'm re taking the English GCSE which is the worry here as I'm older than the year 11's and I am so disappointed in myself. I didn't re take in November because I didn't have faith in myself and this year I took it as I had no option. I have been focusing on my qualification at college and my GCSE english as I struggle so much with it. I find it embarrassing because I should be able to ace this but I haven't. I wasted some time as I had to go cry in the toilets in the exam and I just feel like I'm failing. I shouldn't exactly think that but in Q5 I think I ruined it. I had all these ideas for the plan but I couldn't stop overthinking and worrying which made me struggle with writing the real description as I also turned it into a narrative which is awful. The other questions are a hit and a miss. I just need to revise more for Paper 2 even though I have been dedicating my revision on both papers and I still can't satisfy myself. All I want is a four at least so I can move onto a Level 3 qualification. Otherwise, I have no other solution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending