The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Sent a nude to a 12 year old at 16 didn't know she was 12 and she hit me up first calling me fit and all am i bad person

Why didn't you ask for her age before talking to her in general??
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
Why didn't you ask for her age before talking to her in general??

Dunno im stupid
i mean sending nudes at all when your under 18 is distributing child p*rnog@phy even if both of you are underage. sending nudes is never a good idea in general. yes it is very stupid to send nudes before asking her age, how well could you have known her to send a nude if you hadn't even asked this simple question??
Original post by Spelunker
i mean sending nudes at all when your under 18 is distributing child p*rnog@phy even if both of you are underage. sending nudes is never a good idea in general. yes it is very stupid to send nudes before asking her age, how well could you have known her to send a nude if you hadn't even asked this simple question??

Will i go to jail? I mean it happend a year ago and i think i used an account without my real name so am i good
Will i go to jail? I mean it happend a year ago and i think i used an account without my real name so am i good

you probably wont "go to jail" if she hasn't reported you. something like this happened in my secondary school where a boy sent nudes to a girl in the year above. they were both under 18, the girl reported him to the school, the school had to report it to the police because of the nature of the issue. all that happend in the end was the police coming to talk to him and then he was permanently excluded. if she reports it or her parents get wind of it then you're in trouble. even if you use a fake account if the police are involved they can trace it back to you. all you can do is hope she dosent report it(dont get me wrong personally i think you have done a bad thing). apart from all that your nude is now on the internet forever, anyone could have seen it! so please in future resist the urge to send nudes.
Sent a nude to a 12 year old at 16 didn't know she was 12 and she hit me up first calling me fit and all am i bad person

Why when you met a 12 year old online the first thing you’d do is something stupid as sending a photo of yourself especially naked…
Original post by Mohammed_80
Why when you met a 12 year old online the first thing you’d do is something stupid as sending a photo of yourself especially naked…

Snapchat
Snapchat

How quick add or what?
How quick add or what?

Yeah she added me
How quick add or what?

Quick add yeah but she added me
Yeah she added me

Typical and you accepted it…?
Typical and you accepted it…?

Yeah
Yeah

Simply don’t especially strangers you don’t know they are there on quick add as suggestions or one of your mates strangely and weirdly must have a mutual friend connection…
Simply don’t especially strangers you don’t know they are there on quick add as suggestions or one of your mates strangely and weirdly must have a mutual friend connection…

Should i hand myself into the cops ?

Look you made a mistake, yes it was ill mannered and ill timed but you’ve learnt or you’d have learnt from it, and next time just don’t add or add back someone that you don’t know…

No. Currently there is a chance the issue will be escalated, which you definitely will not want. By handing yourself in, you are ensuring that bad things happen to you. Best to ride the wave, for now at least. And please, tell the person to whom you sent it to delete it and don't do it again.
Original post by Spelunker
you probably wont "go to jail" if she hasn't reported you. something like this happened in my secondary school where a boy sent nudes to a girl in the year above. they were both under 18, the girl reported him to the school, the school had to report it to the police because of the nature of the issue. all that happend in the end was the police coming to talk to him and then he was permanently excluded. if she reports it or her parents get wind of it then you're in trouble. even if you use a fake account if the police are involved they can trace it back to you. all you can do is hope she dosent report it(dont get me wrong personally i think you have done a bad thing). apart from all that your nude is now on the internet forever, anyone could have seen it! so please in future resist the urge to send nudes.

Why would you be excluded for that ? Seems a bit excessive.

Also OP, didn’t you see a photo of her before sending it?
Also if you’re from the UK, the law to my knowledge states that if you’re 18+ and send / receive this type of photo from / to someone under 18, it’s illegal. If they’re under 13, it’s even more serious.

If you’re both at least 13 and under 18, it’s not as serious and if there’s no pressure it’s unlikely serious legal action takes place.

In your case she is under 13 and you are 13-17. This means this is a lot more serious than if you guys were 13 and 16 for example.

You say you didn’t know her age, not sure how good of a defence that is ?! Did you see her face at least ?
How old are you? :confused:
How do you know the age and identity of the individual that you communicated with on snapchat?
Was your face in the photo?

Latest

Trending

Trending