The Student Room Group

Student Finance on Retaking

I'm currently studying architecture at university and I am in my 2nd year going to 3rd year. This academic year has not been great for me and I am debating to retake my 2nd year again. However I am not sure if student finance will fund me. My course is longer than most, having 4 undergraduate years and as well I took a foundation year.
I understand that SFE, will finance you for your course length plus one additional year but does doing a foundation count towards your course length or does SFE take that as your additional year?
Thanks
It’s not usually your decision to retake a year. That’s usually only an option if you have failed a set number of modules based on your university regulations.

Check with your student handbook/student records/registry team whether you have the option to retake. They’ll also be able to tell you the course length that they have listed against you for the information they send to SLC
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by OwenJames
I'm currently studying architecture at university and I am in my 2nd year going to 3rd year. This academic year has not been great for me and I am debating to retake my 2nd year again. However I am not sure if student finance will fund me. My course is longer than most, having 4 undergraduate years and as well I took a foundation year.
I understand that SFE, will finance you for your course length plus one additional year but does doing a foundation count towards your course length or does SFE take that as your additional year?
Thanks

Hello,

We wouldn't normally fund a repeat, based on you deciding to retake the year.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending