Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Polish?
    That's my native language. I got an A* in Year 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    Just got an offer from Warwick (A*AA).
    I'm so happy.
    Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    That's my native language. I got an A* in Year 12.
    Are you an international applicant? congrats btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Flawless)
    Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    Are you an international applicant? congrats btw
    Thank you guys.
    No, I go to a school in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Warwick! A*AAa or A*AAB. Made up as they say on Merseyside!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yllasjarvi)
    Gratz! GCSEs, AS, A2s, UMS, FM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe_P)
    Gratz! GCSEs, AS, A2s, UMS, FM?
    Thanx. 9A*, AAAA, A*A*AA no Further Maths, 92% UMS.

ReputationRep:
    Hey congrats. When did you send your UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    Hey congrats. When did you send your UCAS?
    8th October

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Royal Holloway! They received my application last night and I got a conditional a few hours ago
    This is for A joint BSc in Economics, Politics and International relations! Entry requirements were AAA-AAB but they've set me ABB! Sooooo happy! My first offer! ^.^ Thinking of making this my insurance. Is it any good?

All the best to everyone!! <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ritikaaurora)
    Just got an offer from Royal Holloway! They received my application last night and I got a conditional a few hours ago
    This is for A joint BSc in Economics, Politics and International relations! Entry requirements were AAA-AAB but they've set me ABB! Sooooo happy! My first offer! ^.^ Thinking of making this my insurance. Is it any good?

All the best to everyone!! <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats on this. It's a good university but I'd wait until you get everything back before making anything an insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    Edit: Also if you have an average of 93% across your AS subjects then you will automatically get pooled.
    Only just saw this edit, where did you get this from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PierreIsNotMyName)
    Here: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/a...pooltutors.pdf. Go to page 2 paragraph 3. Although Maths & FM is taken as 1 subject.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know any books i could read or anything i could do to improve my chances of getting into oxbridge, LSE or UCL? Anyone got anything i may have not thought of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    does anyone know any books i could read or anything i could do to improve my chances of getting into oxbridge, LSE or UCL? Anyone got anything i may have not thought of?
    Simply reading books won't improve your chances of getting into any university.
    You can read any economics book and as long as you write about it in the correct manor in your personal statement, it doesn't matter what the book is, your chances will be the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanx. 9A*, AAAA, A*A*AA no Further Maths, 92% UMS.
    When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Simply reading books won't improve your chances of getting into any university.
    You can read any economics book and as long as you write about it in the correct manor in your personal statement, it doesn't matter what the book is, your chances will be the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh okay, my teacher told me to read more.. should i then use examples of what I've read in my personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    oh okay, my teacher told me to read more.. should i then use examples of what I've read in my personal statement?
    Yeah, the general idea is to talk about what you have read in detail (what you liked/disliked about the book, criticisms etc) so there is no need to mention any more than 2-3 books. Although it's probably a good idea to read more than this just to enhance your economic understanding in general even if you don't use them all in your personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PierreIsNotMyName)
    Got this from asking one of the Cambridge admissions tutors on this site.

ReputationRep:
    Basically avoid the 'classic books' such as Wealth of Nations or Keynes General theory.... An Oxford interviewers apparently just told a former student at our school, why he bothered mentioning the old tales and why he did not just wiki them.

In your PS, you should find faults in the books and/or say how the book made you do xxxx.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.