The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
all depends. good luckkk
Thanks for the messages you guys!! :biggrin:

Now i know that i'm not alone with this, nothing to worry about :cool:

Also, is not having interviews a bad thing??

I have three offers, but no interviews, but lots of my friends have interviews, some of the same subject and some for the same university.. :confused:

:smile: xx
Is it possible that not all your choices will reply with an offer or rejection. Cos York are really holding things up for me as I've had 4 other offers. Just wondering as I dont fancy waiting 4 a reply that will never come if u no what i mean.
jamie_mc_10
Is it possible that not all your choices will reply with an offer or rejection. Cos York are really holding things up for me as I've had 4 other offers. Just wondering as I dont fancy waiting 4 a reply that will never come if u no what i mean.

I think if they don't reply by the deadline (April sometime?) then your status automatically becomes 'unsuccessful', but that's not for some months, and I don't think there are many unis that are that cruel as to not even give you any sort of reply. The recommended date for unis to reply to you by isn't until March though, and you don't have to reply until early May; it is only just past the deadline for equal consideration, so there's no need to worry just yet. Some unis simply take longer to reply than others, and York has plenty of time to get back to you. Being able to make your firm/insurance choices this early won't give you any advantages anyway.

However, if you don't want to wait for York because you're not bothered about the reply (say if you already have offers you're absolutely sure you'd put over York) then you can withdraw the choice which will allow you to reply to your other offers.
thanks alot. Pretty sure that I want 2 go southampton anyway, just a toss-up between York & Sheffield 4 my insurance.
Reply 2285
I got my 2nd Unconditional after my Bournemouth interview on Thursday :smile: I wasn't sure if I really liked the sound of the course that much, but I met some lovely people and the interview process was actually quite fun..I got to talk about my portfolio work and make a failure of an accessory, haha.

Now to wait for the rest to get back to me..waiting is cruel!
blackmyst3ry
i just had a interview at goldsmiths and queen mary's last week, and they said i'll come to know within a week... but i hvnt heard yet :frown:
:frown:

Hey! Did you apply for design & Innovation? I think I have the same interview for goldsmiths/queen marys in a few weeks, was wondering what the interview was like? I'm supposed to be getting a portfolio together and I have no idea what to put in it, I haven't really done many design projects, is just general sketching/art work okay? What did they ask you? Any help would be appreciated!
Reply 2287
I got my second offer from UCLAN on Friday. My offer from Portsmouth was last Friday, i think its a trend :lol:
Reply 2288
Should i be worried that only one of my Unis has replied back so far? It's been sent off since like the 14th of January..
Reply 2289
StokeKez
Should i be worried that only one of my Unis has replied back so far? It's been sent off since like the 14th of January..

No, you have no reason to worry at all. Some unis wont get back to you until march/april. But you handed your application in before the deadline so you have nothing to wrry about. You should see some come up shortly i reckon.
Reply 2290
StokeKez

Mine was sent on the 5th January and I've only got two offers.
I know people who've yet to get an offer and it was sent off in December. Don't worry :smile:
Reply 2291
What's the website with video's of the Universities on?

Thanks
racoon97
What's the website with video's of the Universities on?

Thanks

www.unionview.com :wink:
Reply 2293
Butterflyleg

Thank you very much!!!
sammi27792
Thanks for the messages you guys!! :biggrin:

Now i know that i'm not alone with this, nothing to worry about :cool:

Also, is not having interviews a bad thing??

I have three offers, but no interviews, but lots of my friends have interviews, some of the same subject and some for the same university.. :confused:

:smile: xx

If you get an offer without an interview then obviously that is not a bad thing! Policies vary, some may insist that everyone goes to an interview or some may only interview borderline cases.
Reply 2295
I've only had two acknowlegements, they are from the same uni, just diffrent campuses :frown:

I'm sure we will hear somthing soon(ish), just need to keep positive :smile:

x
Conditional from Aberdeen (where I least want to go). Not a sausage from St Andrews or Edinburgh. However. Last week I got a mysterious letter from St Andrews saying things like: "I see you play the flute; you can do that here" and "it'll be lovely to have you with us". No mention of an offer, though. No date on the letter, either... maybe it went backwards through time.

Come on, Edinburgh! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3::eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Aah, that's better.
EmeraldBoa
Conditional from Aberdeen (where I least want to go). Not a sausage from St Andrews or Edinburgh. However. Last week I got a mysterious letter from St Andrews saying things like: "I see you play the flute; you can do that here" and "it'll be lovely to have you with us". No mention of an offer, though. No date on the letter, either... maybe it went backwards through time.

Come on, Edinburgh! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3::eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Aah, that's better.

OoOOHH im applying to St Andrews and Ediburgh too, I desperately want St Andrew's and its killing me seeing people have offers :|
i just want to know if im going to being rejected :|

ucas is torture, i swear :')
Reply 2298
Still waiting for a reply from Leicester, the only uni I still haven't heard anything from... Most likely to be my firm if I get an offer.
Reply 2299
waiting for a reply off sheffield hallam:\ i hate waiting esp when it'll be my firm.

Latest

Trending

Trending