Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Cellular-Suicide)
    So i've made an application formerly through UCAS with my clearing Uni after verbal offer and acceptance. How long does it take for them to officially accept the UCAS application?
    IT will depend on the university - but if it isn't done by the end of today then it might not come through until Monday. Admissions staff were in last weekend processing results so unless there's a huge demand they'll be off this weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    IT will depend on the university - but if it isn't done by the end of today then it might not come through until Monday. Admissions staff were in last weekend processing results so unless there's a huge demand they'll be off this weekend.
    In the same boat after putting one through 6pm yesterday. It's going to be a long weekend if nothing come through today!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by skeptical_john)
    In the same boat after putting one through 6pm yesterday. It's going to be a long weekend if nothing come through today!
    There's nothing to stop you ringing and asking when it will be done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    *AMAs are more appropriate for chat, but since this one is about clearing, I think it is better placed in this forum*

So, from the title: I work at my uni's Clearing Helpline, which is actually really fun! So I thought I would make an AMA so people can ask questions about Clearing, and generally what it is like to deal with students and their queries, etc etc.

So ask away!

Edit: Disclaimer - I am not a god expert on UCAS matters (though I like to think that I have a good knowledge of such things). I am answering these questions based on my own experiences and my training. So, please, don't go quoting me. I don't want to mess up anyone's applications.
    Hi i was wondering what you guys actually see? like do you get all of our info?
    Because i went through clearing last year and they asked me for my grades first and my ucas number, and i would've thought you guys would know that already after getting my ucas number?? thanks xxxx
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Laricus)
    Hi i was wondering what you guys actually see? like do you get all of our info?
    Because i went through clearing last year and they asked me for my grades first and my ucas number, and i would've thought you guys would know that already after getting my ucas number?? thanks xxxx
    We don't have access to UCAS (us students anyway!) The unis do. However it's best to ask for grades and UCAS number because it saves a lot of hassle of accessing UCAS and searching people. Also, if a person is placed at a different uni, information is limited.

Basically it's just handy to get it all from the student!

ReputationRep:
    Am I not allowed to call the university that I really really wanted to go to for the second time around? 🤔 I really want to go there for some personal reasons.. 😑 I saw my course still on their clearing list.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by lnux)
    Am I not allowed to call the university that I really really wanted to go to for the second time around? 🤔 I really want to go there for some personal reasons.. 😑 I saw my course still on their clearing list.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    It's not that you aren't allowed. It's just that there's usually not much point. If you really, really want to, call them. But be prepared for disappointment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do Universities accept Access Course qualifications through clearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IssyHUB)
    Do Universities accept Access Course qualifications through clearing?
    yes but in my experience I had to get the college to confirm the results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skeptical_john)
    yes but in my experience I had to get the college to confirm the results.
    How exactly are Access Course qualifications presented, do you get a certificate/letter showing your results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IssyHUB)
    How exactly are Access Course qualifications presented, do you get a certificate/letter showing your results?
    that's pretty much it

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ac...w=1920&bih=940

Dentistry is still not open
    How about now? :puppyeyes:
    (By the way, I'm only asking because I'm curious; it's not open to Rest of UK students. :lol:)

(also weird screenshot, those 'apply now' boxes should be ORANGE!
    Yeah, but I took it in early July, so maybe the blue boxes indicated that it wasn't open yet? :hmmmm2:

Oh, Mr Hyde. I have missed you. :rofl:
    I know.
    And sorry about the late reply.

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    How about now? :puppyeyes:
    (By the way, I'm only asking because I'm curious; it's not open to Rest of UK students. :lol:)
    Still not open.

Yeah, but I took it in early July, so maybe the blue boxes indicated that it wasn't open yet? :hmmmm2:
    Blue does indicate not open.

I know.
    And sorry about the late reply.
    Yeah, what took you so long?

Still not open.
    Is it expected to open at all? I would've thought it would have been a very quick affair for a course like dentistry.

Yeah, what took you so long?
    Erm, there was a raccoon that occupied my house and - something, something - chewed through my Internet cables...

Spoiler:
    Show
    I forgot. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Is it expected to open at all? I would've thought it would have been a very quick affair for a course like dentistry.

Erm, there was a raccoon that occupied my house and - something, something - chewed through my Internet cables...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I forgot. :emo:
    We don't expect dentistry to open at all, unfortunately. :console:

Spoiler:
    Show
    You have a very bad memory.

We don't expect dentistry to open at all, unfortunately. :console:

Spoiler:
    Show
    You have a very bad memory.
    Ah, okay. I was only curious anyway, because of what I'd found out about SGUL's unusual scheme this year. :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Pfft, I read it on my phone while I was out, and I'd forgotten by the time I got home.

Spoiler:
    Show
    My memory is normally impeccable, okay. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Ah, okay. I was only curious anyway, because of what I'd found out about SGUL's unusual scheme this year. :holmes:
    I had heard of that. But Dundee hasn't opened either Medicine or Dentistry for about 5 years now.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Sure... :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    *AMAs are more appropriate for chat, but since this one is about clearing, I think it is better placed in this forum*

So, from the title: I work at my uni's Clearing Helpline, which is actually really fun! So I thought I would make an AMA so people can ask questions about Clearing, and generally what it is like to deal with students and their queries, etc etc.

So ask away!

Edit: Disclaimer - I am not a god expert on UCAS matters (though I like to think that I have a good knowledge of such things). I am answering these questions based on my own experiences and my training. So, please, don't go quoting me. I don't want to mess up anyone's applications.
    Hi, do you think it would it be possible to get a place through clearing and then ask to defer to the following year, if you have the right grades for that course? It would save applying again. Thanks for any replies..

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by charlotte66)
    Hi, do you think it would it be possible to get a place through clearing and then ask to defer to the following year, if you have the right grades for that course? It would save applying again. Thanks for any replies..
    clearing is not used for that, I'm afraid.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    clearing is not used for that, I'm afraid.
    Hi, thanks for that, I decided to give them a call anyhow and was really pleased that they were able to offer a place, and also defer it to next year. So it can be done, just for info in case anyone else is interested!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.