The Student Room Group

Awkward things you do

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lick every ear i see.
Original post by Drunk Punx
I have a tendency to not look at people when I'm talking to them, but I don't view it as awkward. If they think it's awkward then I really couldn't care less because that's their problem, not mine. I know that looking at people while talking to them is the "polite" thing to do, but I'd rather not all the same.
Doesn't happen all the time anyway.

Haha, I do that all the time if I'm outdoors or somewhere where lots is going on. I have no problem with eye contact or anything if I'm sat talking to someone in an interview or giving speeches or some **** but when I'm out and about I end up trying to adsorb EVERYTHING!112 Cause I'm James Bond.
Original post by James4d
It doesn't take a man a minute to reveal he's gay... it takes a man a minute to come up with an excuse to get away from a girl coming onto him who he really isn't attracted to.

Sorry :redface:

Lol this, I think it was just an excuse :colondollar:
When I feel uncomfortable with my surroundings, I look around about every inch of the room constantly. I'm not sure if anyone notices though.

Regarding silences, I also feel awkward during them with people I don't know well but I'm not that bothered by silence that I speak randomly.

Not sure if this fits in with the theme of the thread but I struggle to fake laugh convincingly. If your joke doesn't amuse me which is likely, you'll either get no response or the most blatantly fake laugh and most awkward smile you have had in a long time. Same if you're telling what you think is an interesting story.
(edited 13 years ago)
Whenever there's an uncomfortable silence my bowels release.
Reply 25

but everyone does this
I don't find silence awkward. I rather enjoy a nice long silence, actually.

I laugh like a crazy woman sometimes. And then can't stop. That's not a good look. I also don't hear what people say quite a lot. Either that or my brain just doesn't process it for a good few seconds and I end up looking like an idiot.

And I have to dip my finger in any candle wax within reach.
I hate it if I'm speaking to someone and they happen to have huge boobs on show, because all I can think is 'don't look, don't look, don't look...' :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending