The Student Room Group

Why are boys always cruel to one another?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Probably just male banter. Do girls ever banter?
Reply 21
Girls are worse.
Reply 22
Guys can kick the **** out of each other during a game of football while also calling each other every name under the sun. After the game they shake hands and get on with it.

Girls on the other hand will bear a grudge for eternity upon hearing what xyz said about the dress they were wearing at that party.
Is this a girl saying this. Men compete with eachother sexually so of course they would be nice to girls bit their fellow man is merely someone to compete with.
(edited 13 years ago)
alcohol
Reply 25
so wrong

girls are so bitchy and cruel towards each other. Girls bullying another girl is pretty common
Original post by Anonymous
Boys are nice to girls, but horrible to eachother. They get in fights with one another, but never with girls.

That's because people are still socially conditioned to regard it unacceptable to hit a girl. Whereas between guys of similar physical standards it's more acceptable. Not because boys are intrinsically "crueler" than girls.

Original post by Anonymous
And they partake in 'banter' together which is usually stingingly personal.

'Banter' between mates is all made in good humour. It's not really that men are more thick skinned it's that the insults are socially conditioned by gender stereotypes to mean less. Between friends mocking one anothers failings it's nearly always very clear-cut what they might take personally (things we avoid) and what they won't (things we dwell upon). This is most clear-cut in racial banter, it's hugely prevalent in some social circles, non-existent in others. Not because one group actually is racist, but because they know that it's a trivial topic of light humour to members of that group. These boundaries form through trial and error, sometimes leads to sticky situations but to do any lasting damage a person has to be particularly sensitive to begin with.

In any case, the growing prevalence of girls participating in "banter" (hence the numerous jokes about girls having no banter appearing, ironically mostly as banter in of themselves) would seem to suggest that girls are hardly less cruel because they don't do this.
Girls are more of a passive aggressive, revenge type.
Original post by ch0llima
Nope. Girls can be even more cruel, they're just better at hiding it.

This. Girls are (mostly) two faced to people they dislike, or even friends.
When they have a problem with eachother it will go on for months, and months.
And there will be constant bitching!

With boys its either get the hell over it right now, or have a fight and then get over it.
Which I think in may ways is better.

If one of my friends says something I dont like, they will be the first to be told about it!

On the note of banter, we know its a joke.
I call my mates all sorts of things and im constantly taking the piss out of them.
But I get it in return... Its part of being friends imho! If you cant laugh at your self...Well you must be a bit of a ****! :cool:
We might argue with each other but we usually find a compromise rather than plotting up a revenge which takes to much time for lazy folks like us.
Reply 30
It's better to respond physically then to be a bitch and insult someone behind their back. I hate that sort of ****.
(edited 13 years ago)
What girls may interpret as a 'personal attack' is really just a bit of banter between mates, not bitchy back-stabbing.

And if you cannae take the banter, CANTER! :goaway:
It's all just banter, m8. Don't take it so seriously.
Reply 33
Girls bitch about one another and sometimes i think it was far worse than the banter that goes on between boys! however boys are more likely to be physical while girls are just going to be bitchy
It's normally banter ie: one of my friends had the flu, and he was complaining that he couldn't walk up more than 2 flights of stairs. I joked that he couldn't walk up 2 flights of stairs any way and that he had the "flu" and not the flu. I've been called stuff before but equally I've called some of my friends stuff but we still laugh and joke when we call each other things
Reply 35
Girls are bitches, guys just make it more obvious.
Reply 36
Original post by HumanNature1992

Original post by HumanNature1992
Pff i love my mandedms :colonhash:

Bros before hos yo! :cool:

But seriously, i'd say girls are more vindictive and calculated.

This is true.
Original post by oHellno
Girls are bitches, guys just make it more obvious.

It seriously is banter, joking etc.. It's not meant to be serious. I wouldn't call it bitching
Reply 38
Original post by de_monies

Original post by de_monies
It seriously is banter, joking etc.. It's not meant to be serious. I wouldn't call it bitching

I know, I mean girls usually do it behind one another's backs and the joking element sometimes gets lost. Not really like that with guys.
boys might argue but they dont hold grudges, and as I'm guessing your a girl what you think is a boy being cruel may just be some harmless banter.

girls are the spiteful ones, evil to eachother

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending