The Student Room Group

Do I have to declare a U grade that I RESAT and got an A in?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Minerva
As usual, there is a disconnect between what UCAS says in its guidance and the declaration you are required to make when you submit your application, and the advice you get from their helpdesk people.

Declare it, is my advice, but it is up to you.

My two penn'orthworth

The UCAS helpline may have misunderstood what the OP was saying.

UCAS might have thought that she was asking about a resat module within a qualification (as was possible until very recently) rather than a resat qualification
Original post by nulli tertius
My two penn'orthworth

The UCAS helpline may have misunderstood what the OP was saying.

UCAS might have thought that she was asking about a resat module within a qualification (as was possible until very recently) rather than a resat qualification

Doesn't give one much confidence, does it? OP either listens to the advice on here, which they don't want to do, or has to decide which of the two conflicting instructions given by UCAS is the one to follow.
Original post by hudamh
I contacted UCAS and I can confirm that I do NOT have to declare Us for qualifications I resat.

Did you ask for and write down the full name and job title of the person you spoke to at UCAS? Without someone to hold personally accountable for ignoring the instructions in the legal declaration you agree with I would be very wary of following the advice of someone working in UCAS call centre. We've had a number of people on tsr told the exact opposite by the same call centre.

Universities generally do not give a **** about poor performance in the odd exam. Especially if you've since done better and show that you're improving academically. They want students who are going to peak while at university not before.

What most universities are not impressed by are applicants who lie or withhold information in an attempt to play the system and get an unfair advantage.

Give them your full academic history. Have your referee explain any poor performance and point out exceptional improvement. Allow your universities to decide if you're a strong candidate who is likely to perform well on their course. They're the experts on what makes a good candidate not the applicant.
Original post by hudamh
I contacted UCAS and I can confirm that I do NOT have to declare Us for qualifications I resat.

Oh so are UCAS lying on their website? Either they are, you didn't call or the adviser you spoke to doesn't know what they're talking about.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Oh so are UCAS lying on their website? Either they are, you didn't call or the adviser you spoke to doesn't know what they're talking about.

Previous experience makes the last of those three options the most likely, unfortunately.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Previous experience makes the last of those three options the most likely, unfortunately.

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/join-our-team/job-vacancies/team-manager

But look at the salary for a managerial position. There are several retail management positions in Cheltenham paying more.
Original post by nulli tertius
https://www.ucas.com/corporate/join-our-team/job-vacancies/team-manager

But look at the salary for a managerial position. There are several retail management positions in Cheltenham paying more.

Bloody hell.
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Yes you do - UCAS makes it very clear before sending off applications that everything, including Us, has to be declared. OP's situation is a little different, but otherwise people should always declare every grade they get, from Us to A*s.

I never did. I asked my UCAS adviser and she said you don't. Oh well.
Yep, you have to. The university can bascially throw you out if they ever find out you've lied (even by omission) in your application. If it's any help I put EEUU down on mine as a first year 12 attempt and got an offer from an RG university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending