The Student Room Group

Guys would you be annoyed if your girlfriend did this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sorry, I got to caught up imagining what it would be like to have a girlfriend to come up with a decent answer...

Edit: Wait, I've got it! she should go out with the guy who she lay on the bed with, he sound nicer than the boyfriend whose probably given her low self-esteem and made her think she isn't worth a better guy like the guy she lay on the bed with.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'd definitely be annoyed: play fighting, lying down together, and watching films together in my opinion all seems like stuff you do with someone you like/your partner etc.

I couldn't imagine anyone doing that just because they are so close. It honestly sounds like her relationship will end soon anyway.
Original post by Anonymous
I know 2 people in my floor, one guy and one girl, that get on great. The guy is single but the girl isn't but her boyfriend doesn't treat her that well. They have been mistaken for a couple a few times. They have had play fights in their rooms which they get quite close to each other in in. Everyone thinks the guy definitely likes the girl. When they were both drunk last week they were both laid on his bed facing each other holding hands but nothing happened between them. They watch films quite often in his room just the 2 of them but when her boyfriend asks who she is watching the films with she didn't say his name and just changed the subject.

Guys if this was your girlfriend would you be annoyed at how close they were and would you get jealous? How would you react if you found out how close they were and does it sounds like the girl possibly likes the guy? She isn't the type to cheat and she does talk about how great her boyfriend can be though.

I would just end the relationship. Somebody who doesn't understand boundaries and what is appropriate is either a young teenager or a selfish person with no relationship potential

Is your friend 15/16?
Reply 23
I'd definitely be annoyed: play fighting, lying down together, and watching films together in my opinion all seems like stuff you do with someone you like/your partner etc.

I couldn't imagine anyone doing that just because they are so close. It honestly sounds like her relationship will end soon anyway.

+100 - for the record I was in the situation OP is describing recently (although not with a flatmate), safe to say it ended very quickly, and I definitely did not treat her badly
Also the guy recently insulted the girls boyfriend and while the girl did stick up for her boyfriend, her and the guy are still very close. Do you think it sounds like she could like him?
Also the guy recently insulted the girls boyfriend and while the girl did stick up for her boyfriend, her and the guy are still very close. Do you think it sounds like she could like him?

I reckon they will be together sooner rather than later, and the boyfriend will be a thing of the past.

It is sad really. He might have been a prick, but really, everyone else is only hearing what she has told them (i.e. you and whomever else).

I'm not saying he isn't a nasty piece of work. If indeed he is saying nasty stuff to put her down and control/mould her into his ideal lady, he is by definition, a complete ****.

However, if this girl is getting too close to comfort with said guy. Watching films with him. As well as 'holding hands', which is very concerning. If I was the boyfriend in this instance, I'd be very very very concerned, and intimidated.

In short; i think it is wrong of the girlfriend to effectively cuddle up to another bloke, hold his hand, and watch movies together (without boyfriends' knowledge or foresight). I think if he did have any incling he'd have something to say (as any reasonable man would).

Irrespective of her current parnters attitude or treatment of her, it is wrong. At least give the current boyfriend an indication of it. That way they can argue the differences, and the toss, and go their separate ways.
Original post by royal1990
I reckon they will be together sooner rather than later, and the boyfriend will be a thing of the past.

It is sad really. He might have been a prick, but really, everyone else is only hearing what she has told them (i.e. you and whomever else).

I'm not saying he isn't a nasty piece of work. If indeed he is saying nasty stuff to put her down and control/mould her into his ideal lady, he is by definition, a complete ****.

However, if this girl is getting too close to comfort with said guy. Watching films with him. As well as 'holding hands', which is very concerning. If I was the boyfriend in this instance, I'd be very very very concerned, and intimidated.

In short; i think it is wrong of the girlfriend to effectively cuddle up to another bloke, hold his hand, and watch movies together (without boyfriends' knowledge or foresight). I think if he did have any incling he'd have something to say (as any reasonable man would).

Irrespective of her current parnters attitude or treatment of her, it is wrong. At least give the current boyfriend an indication of it. That way they can argue the differences, and the toss, and go their separate ways.

I have heard we boyfriend talk to her a few times as well since she put the phone on speaker when her called and he does talk down to her and treats her badly. The holding hands thing was only for a couple of minutes when they were both drunk and laid on his bed.
I would be pissed off if I were bf even for holding hands, but insulting your girlfriend's looks is totally unnacceptlable, if you are the guy and you like her, you should challenge him and take his place

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending