The Student Room Group

Why are some guys so critical of women's looks online but then date plain/ugly girls?

Scroll to see replies

Eye candy simply. They want a certain girl as they think they deserve to and makes them look good but cant get that girl in reality
Reply 21
Original post by simmys
Your eyes are too far apart. Nose is definitely crooked. The shape of your face is not aesthetically pleasing at all. You look like a 3/10 with make up in this photo. I don't even want to imagine what you look like without make up. I actually just threw up in my mouth, just thinking about it.Your head is too big (although that may be, because of your giraffe neck posture). As for your hair, lol. Seriously, do something. You look like a horse.Stare at your face for more than 5 seconds, and you will see how ugly you are. The eyes which are too far apart is what ruins/damages an already ugly face even further. Unfortunately for you, that can't be surgically fixed, lol.You arms are way too long. lol at how they hang by your sides. Kind of reminds me of lurch. As for your tits, we all know there is extra padding there. Don't even let me start on your pale complexion. It only works if you look hot. Unfortunately, you do not look hot. Its hard to sum up a creature like you in one word. 'UGLY' would be unfair, since it doesn't reflect how repulsive you look. GROTESQUE is stretching it. But somewhere in between, is where you would be, on the scale of an average man.I'm sorry if my words seem a little harsh. Just so you know, I sugar coated this post as much as possible.Have a nice day.

the writing style looked familiar so i googled it. came up with a post on reddit, but i think i know what site the person who wrote this came from as this style of writing is pretty much the same as on that site.

i can say though it is most likely, that the person who wrote this was unable to get a gf, so tore into this random girl to make himself feel better
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
I'm guessing, because there's a difference between finding someone attractive objectively, and finding someone attractive and being in love with them.

That's no reason to insult other women though.

Original post by the bear
if a homely young lady has a pleasant personality she will not lack for suitors.

Not always. The pleasant women are often the doormats and men get bored of them. You get much further treating em mean and keeping em keen.

Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
"chubby, flat faced chick who hasn't worn a dress or anything feminine since her 6th birthday party". You do realise you are doing the exact same thing you are criticising thoes men for doing :dry:

Yes but I'm not the one going around leaving nasty comments about men's looks and then going on a date on friday night with Jabba the Hutt.

Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Cus it takes a high quality picture to get a guy off but he can settle for a good enough looking girl irl?

Interesting... I think this is probably the best answer.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Internet bravado x Desperation x Hypocrisy = Discrepancy

That equation fits this perfectly.

Original post by drbluebox
Eye candy simply. They want a certain girl as they think they deserve to and makes them look good but cant get that girl in reality

Yep pretty much. It's quite sad really. Maybe that's why they troll and shoot those women down... Out of resentment knowing they are going home to an uggo.
Original post by DiddyDec
How is it?

It's hypocritical to go around calling women ugly and then go and date someone much uglier because she has a 'nice personality' or whatever.
Original post by xobeauty
This happens to me when I first start getting to know a guy he says his type she has to be this look like that but all his exes are not even close to looking like that ?

Haha yes this. He says his type is someone like Megan Fox and ends up dating someone who favours Beth Ditto :colonhash: If I had a pound for every time I saw this I'd be rich.
Original post by pereira325
Its a question with a pretty simple answer imo.
Guys like very very pretty girls.
Guys dont get these very very pretty girls (most of the time unless you're like a demigod)
But guys still want a female partner...
So instead of trying for that 9/10, they go for a 7. Pretty good still. And they get on. Personalities match, and to that guy, the girl looks like a 10 to him now he sees the "whole" her.
Tl;dr people will love you for who you are, at least someone... eventually. On the internet you have access to billions of pics of girls. You can afford to be highly picky, doesnt apply to such an extent in real life.
Obviously you could just meet someone whos a 10 aesthetically and has a personality of a fallen angel <3 dreams.

Yes but just because a guy can't get them is still no reason to tear down the 9/10 girl on the web. Plus I would say most guys being with a 7/10 is generous in my view.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes but just because a guy can't get them is still no reason to tear down the 9/10 girl on the web. Plus I would say most guys being with a 7/10 is generous in my view.

What is the difference between a 9/10 and a 7/10?
Haha yes this. He says his type is someone like Megan Fox and ends up dating someone who favours Beth Ditto :colonhash: If I had a pound for every time I saw this I'd be rich.

Guys are stupid

I know a guy who said he'd only be in a relationship with someone who was as good looking as Jessica Alba. Saw photos of him and his girlfriend on Facebook, lets just say she is completely different.
I know personality is important, but he seemed to be much more focused on looks
Reply 30
Original post by ANM775
the writing style looked familiar so i googled it. came up with a post on reddit, but i think i know what site the person who wrote this came from as this style of writing is pretty much the same as on that site.

i can say though it is most likely, that the person who wrote this was unable to get a gf, so tore into this random girl to make himself feel better

lol it's originally from the Misc
Anonymous

I agree lol.. its usually the insecure nerd dudes :rofl:

Original post by simmys
lol it's originally from the Misc

Zyzz is worth looking at. His head, features, shoulders, and torso have a size that attracts attention; their proportions to each other made an effect which in any male at any place would justify more than the term handsome - in his later years, he is likely to become to be known beyond his local world, the word "Roman" will be used in descriptions of him.

His legs bore out the striking and agreeable proportions of his body; and his lightness on his feet, his erectness, his easy bearing, add to the impression of physical grace and virility. His suppleness, combined with his bigness of frame, and his large, wide-set rather glowing eyes, heavy black hair, and markedly bronze complexion give him some of the handsomeness of an Indian. His courtesy as he surrenders bodybuilding advice to fellow miscer's suggests genuine friendliness towards all mankind. His voice is noticeably resonant, masculine, warm. His pleasure in the attentions of the bootblack's whisk reflect a consciousness about clothes unusual in an Australian man. His manner, as he bestows a tip suggested generous good-nature, a wish to give pleasure, based on physical well-being and a sincere kindliness of heart.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending