The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

it depends on how rich you are
a guy with £10,000 in savings in his 30's will not get married at all
but if you're in your 50's or 60's and have a few million you can marry someone who half you age
Reply 21
You need to heal from whatever
Reply 22
I saw a TED talk that assested that it’s very important to find your partner for life in your twenties, so best not to fritter that decade away with time wasting relationships
Original post by Zarek
I saw a TED talk that assested that it’s very important to find your partner for life in your twenties, so best not to fritter that decade away with time wasting relationships

What's this TED talk? I'd wager that it's important to spend your twenties setting up your career. There's so many options to have children and partners later now. My mother married young and severely regretted it, as does every person I talk to who married in their early twenties. Late twenties, maybe, but early nope.
Reply 24
Original post by CatInTheCorner
What's this TED talk? I'd wager that it's important to spend your twenties setting up your career. There's so many options to have children and partners later now. My mother married young and severely regretted it, as does every person I talk to who married in their early twenties. Late twenties, maybe, but early nope.

You don’t have to have settled down and had kids in your 20s, just have to have snared the right person to do it with, or your ****ed apparently
Original post by Zarek
You don’t have to have settled down and had kids in your 20s, just have to have snared the right person to do it with, or your ****ed apparently

Oof lol, not my plan at all, can I see the ted talk? I personally think once you've reached your 30s, you're settled, you know what you want, and you're honest about it.
Reply 26
Original post by CatInTheCorner
Oof lol, not my plan at all, can I see the ted talk? I personally think once you've reached your 30s, you're settled, you know what you want, and you're honest about it.

Not saying I believe it, mind

https://www.ted.com/talks/meg_jay_why_30_is_not_the_new_20?language=en

Latest

Trending

Trending