The Student Room Group

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Scroll to see replies

A bus driver. I was obsessed with automatic doors, and wanted a job which involved pressing buttons to open and close doors. One bus driver allowed two-year-old me to operate the doors on the bus as she was running early; apparently I didn't shut-up about that for weeks afterwards!

Oh how times have changed...
Performer on Broadway
A writer...

I always felt left out because everyone else wanted to be ambitious things like astronauts and singers. And I wanted to write stuff.

Still do, but have lost my drive & inspiration.

Miss childhood.
A mercenary in the middle east
A pilot lol, how times have changed :moon:
binman
Since I was a young child, I wanted to be a bagel. It's something you just..... know. I knew from the start my gender was wrong, the sumptuous curves, the smell! Ohh yes! I knew I wanted to be a bagel as soon as I saw my first. Now, I am bagel fluid, so I sometimes identify as Sainsbury's own, and on special days the American variety.
Funny....

Still working on that one xD
Original post by SummerStrawberry
A bus driver. I was obsessed with automatic doors, and wanted a job which involved pressing buttons to open and close doors. One bus driver allowed two-year-old me to operate the doors on the bus as she was running early; apparently I didn't shut-up about that for weeks afterwards!

Oh how times have changed...

I always thought they were rich as they collected like 20 quid every stop.
Professional skiier

Posted from TSR Mobile
A doctor LOL
A popstar like Hannah Montana
A tramp/vagabond, then astronaut, then adventurer... then I realised those things cost money/ridiculously high level of intelligence, so now I have confidently given up all hope of killing those darn dragons/space pirates.

Spoiler

A vet....
I'm applying to vet schools this October :biggrin:
Reply 35
Doctor, part time footballer and part time fireman. So naive lol.
Reply 36
I wanted to be (German) chancellor :biggrin: (I am German..) when I was about six...
Well I was always weird I suppose :biggrin: Applying for PPE now :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
A published novelist/writer.

Achieved my first accomplishment as a published writer by age 14. Overjoyed and enthusiastic. Had several more pieces published. Studied screenwriting at university. Finished uni and at 24 thought, "sod it this is not what I want to dedicate my entire life to" and switched to science.*
(edited 7 years ago)
Doctor or accountant.
an astronaut - then i realised that, because i'm only 5"6, i would not be eligible :frown:

going to be an engineer. close enough :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest