Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Anyone else that did CHEM 4 AQA waiting in fear to see what they got in Chemistry? :c
    No. I thought that was better than chem 5. But I did revise for that more than any other exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Hmm weird.
    Admission tutors seem to think different to your ********.
    What grades we talking in 'aced' step probably low grade 1s.
    Plus not getting an A* in Further maths is very different not getting an A* in physics for a maths applicant.
    Do you even know what your talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's no need to be rude. She was only offering advice based on what she knows. She doesn't claim to be an admissions tutor and know everything.
    It's extremely irresponsible of you to have repeatedly left revision to the morning of or night before an exam. That's your problem and no one else's.
    But I hope you still do well and grade boundaries are in your favour. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way to see the mark schemes for AQA /OCR tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm weird.
    Admission tutors seem to think different to your ********.
    What grades we talking in 'aced' step probably low grade 1s.
    Plus not getting an A* in Further maths is very different not getting an A* in physics for a maths applicant.
    Do you even know what your talking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She is confuse
    She doesn't know Cambz give more offers for Maths because of STEP
    and that STEP literally implies acceptance
    She is stupid but chill fam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatoHeadshot)
    Hi guys for those who did as maths I was going through some family issues and it's unfortunate cause I'm a student who works hard and I was predicted high anyway
    C1 - expect lowest lowestttt 66-67
    C2- 73
    M1 - 58 ( really bad day, my morning involved yelling and soothing crying from family ) - it could be much higher depending on the examiner since my mistakes were like making my coefficient of friction negative, copying the mass of one of the masses on the pulley wrong things like that. Hope they go easy on the minusing. Absolutely petrified. It's all I can think about

Do you think I'd manage the A for as maths sigh
    Yes👍🏾

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mliela)
    There's no need to be rude. She was only offering advice based on what she knows. She doesn't claim to be an admissions tutor and know everything.
    It's extremely irresponsible of you to have repeatedly left revision to the morning of or night before an exam. That's your problem and no one else's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh I know it is I didn't blame anyone else for that. I knew the moment i got my offer I wasn't going to meet it since I knew I won't get an A* in Physics.
    Yeh I know I am irresponsible and I don't expect them to take me hence why I am preparing for clearing.
    Thanks, gl to you aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries out tomorrow and unis reply to offers wow nerves really kicking in

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The advice was stupid and completely false.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu1609)
    Anyone else feeling so nervous today?
    Yes! I definitely consider myself a lot more nervous today considering my friend offered me a lift to and from the school on Thursday - just the thought of results day makes me feel sick now

ReputationRep:
    Yh I know it is I didn't blame anyone else for that. I knew the moment i got my offer I wasn't going to meet it since I knew I won't get an A* in Physics.
    Yeh I know I am irresponsible and I don't expect them to take me hence why I am preparing for clearing.
    Thanks, gl to you aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are in, trust me
    Churchill gonna take you with those STEP grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well said I thought it was extremely rude also.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else that did CHEM 4 AQA waiting in fear to see what they got in Chemistry? :c
    //raises both hands and legs

Will be shocked with anything higher than a C in CHEM4 tbh

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think I got between 88-90 in CHEM4 and 90-92 in CHEM5. I think 88 will be full UMS in CHEM4 and 92 will be full UMS in CHEM5, but...

Time will tell!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shayankurdboy)
    Hi, my original offer for computer science is BBB at Aston university. However i think i'm going to get BBC, is there a chance they will accept me with a lower grade.
    It's very common for applicants to be accepted with one (or sometimes many more) dropped grades.

There are no guarantees though - if they are overwhelmed with applicants who have met their offers or they know that applicants with a C in that subject tend to fail then you will be rejected.

If they can fit you in and think you can pass the course then you'll be accepted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amityville)
    Well said I thought it was extremely rude also.
    Sorry about that.
    I thought her comment at the end although true was said to be rude aswell.
    Guess no one notices that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by |Jacob| ye^)
    Which college is your offer from?
    pembroke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgill17)
    //raises both hands and legs

Will be shocked with anything higher than a C in CHEM4 tbh
    Same here :c

ReputationRep:
    12 hours till edexcel boundaries ?

ReputationRep:
    Just think, behind that frozen wall on track, your unis will have responded...

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I failed to obtain an offer from my firm for economics as i failed a maths exam which was required for me to get in. I then asked if i could switch to a course which was listed in the clearing vacancies and they said they would phone me back and it was probable. They didnt ring so this morning I rang up to ask to ask for an update and they basically said the course was now full despite being on clearing still. Do you think they are rejecting me because my A level results aren't good enough since ucas have my results and they have access to them?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.