The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
rockrunride
Jeremy Clarkson is a ****.

James May and Richard Hammond are cool.

I'll agree.
Reply 41
clarkson is amazing, richard hammond trys to hard...and a complete sell out (richard hammonds blast lab anyone?)
Reply 42
Clarkson is an arse, but that's why he's funny. I don't like it when he's mean to members of the audience though!
Top gear > Fifth gear. Fifth gear is really boring to watch and I don't like how they only give about 5 minutes to each feature.
The challenges used to be good but recently they are just stupid! I hate the way they race public transport against a car yet they start the race in the middle of no-where. The best driving road was awesome, polar expedition was good, the Vietnam one was funny. The best actual road test was the taxi for drunk people. I usually get some food during the star in a reasonably priced car, its just a I'm going to sell my latest book or film session.
Top Gear is one of the few things I would voluntarily pay for a TV Licence for tbqh.
Reply 45
Collingwood
Top Gear is one of the few things I would voluntarily pay for a TV Licence for tbqh.

Agreed, to be quite honest though, it is the only thing worth paying for a TV License for. Why on earth are the beeb putting on Emma and the same old period crap time after time and then filling their other slots with Strictly and other drivel. The BBC is in a sad state of affairs when the only decent thing to watch out of the whole week is Top Gear on a Sunday night.

Even ITV News is better now.
I hate cars, Jeremy Clarkson and Top Gear. But I'm in love with James May so I have to watch occasionally. :colondollar:
Reply 47
Its lost its umph, I still like the challenges but its repetitive otherwise. Same jokes and I don't really like cars anyway (Yes yes GTFO out of Motoring).
Reply 48
fifth gear sucks.
if you want serious advice on what sensible car to buy there are far better sources than the opinion of TV presenters.
top gear is an entertainment show (ask the united states government :p: ) and at doing that it is fantastic.
Reply 49
Hammond tries far too hard and you can see him trying to be like Clarkson. Clarkson is an arrogant tw** but I think hes brilliant. James may has a passion for engineering which I love. The three of them together make one of the best shows on TV.
Reply 50
Clarkson is an arsehat
I'm actually quite the opposite, I love Top Gear and detest Fifth Gear, as there is no entertainment, which I guess is what I'm looking for. Y'know, nothing too serious!
I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. The show started out as a car review program, but when they realized they could get away with anything (blowing up caravans, etc) they got to the point where I just couldn't suspend my disbelief anymore. They need to stop trying to outdo last year's most ridiculous staged stunt or race, and go back to the program's roots. If they continue on the path they are on, top gear is going to become completely unwatchable. Maybe they should just kill it now and end things on a high note?
Reply 53
Sync
sense

+rep
I wish it focused more on car reviews but then would it get all the viewers it does?

Maybe if they still had the celebs driving reasonably priced cars but really blowing up caravans and stuff in that vein gets a bit boring.

Clarkson is the main attraction, why do you think the politcally correct BBC lets him get away with all he says? He's funny, and his opinions while exaggerated to get an reaction have a lot of truth to them if you read between the lines. Him and his wife do so much for our armed forces too some of which doesn't get in the papers. A very decent bloke. I think the way he talks while doing reviewing cars (a boring subject to some) keeps your interest because he injects his own humour and down to earth way of talking into the review.

Hammond, trys to hard, I didn't like him before the accident and I don't like him now.As someone else said he trying to imitate clarkson and doing a bad job of it.I shouldn't be shallow but he reminds me of a little kid who had too much fizzy drink with his overhyperness.He bum licks clarkson too. I think they should replace him with that German chick who beat clarkson or bring in vicki butler henderson or someone like that. While Iam not very PC and don't think they should just have a girl presenter to keep the bra burners happy , a nice looking female presenter who isn't just eye candy and is a petrol head would I think increase the shows appeal even more.I also think there would be an interesting dynamic between her and the boorish clarkson. So while I agree with clarkson that he shouldn't stick a woman in to please the feminazi scum , a female petrol head who's a bit punchy would be great for the show and be an excellent replacement for a stale Hammond.

James May has grown on me. I actually think he has improved as times gone on. I believe he is a better presenter than clarkson in some ways and has a lot of technical knowledge. ,my only concern on allowing him to be more of a nerd would be the show would lose viewers perhaps not..May also draw the a ladies in.
I love top gear.... and i agree with the "no one can screw up and say "cock" quite like james may" :p:
can't stand fifth gear
Reply 56
Ministerdonut
I think they should replace him with that German chick who beat clarkson or bring in vicki butler henderson or someone like that.

I really don't like those two.
Vicki is just boring, and I believe Sabine Schmitz, the German lass you were on about, presents a German motor show anyway so I guess she wouldn't have the time. I also hate her voice.
Frankly I prefer Hammond to those two because I can laugh at him rather than just be annoyed at him.
confused_guy
Fifth Gear is one of the worst shows on t.v, they never do anything interesting, the presenters are irritating (especially the chubby guy) and then you get bored to death with half of the show being adverts!

I guess a lot of people agreed with you. I just found out fifth gear has been canceled. Was it because of poor ratings?
This can be summed up pretty easily:
Top gear is the ****. Fifth gear is ****.
ticktockclock
This can be summed up pretty easily:
Top gear is the ****. Fifth gear is ****.

You mean Fifth gear WAS
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1221174/Vicki-s-career-stalls-Five-s-Fifth-Gear-driven-television.html

Latest

Trending

Trending