The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Sam Walters
Okay here is how it goes when applying as an individual then changing it to school/college. Did it a couple of years ago.

You fill out your application (As you have done)
You pop in the buzz word in the options bit (As you have done)
The school/college accepts the application (They need to do this and it seems they haven't yet)
When they do this on your view the reference bit will vanish
You click pay and send
This then gets sent to your school/college
They attach the reference make sure its all up to scratch then send it off.

Get in touch with your college FE adviser or whomever deals with the FE applications.

What i needed! Thankyou! All i wanted was for someone who has been in this situation before to provide me with a step by step guide on how to get past this.

Much appreciated, i now know for sure that this is my colleges issue so i will go in and sort it out! :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by Sam Walters
Your tutor isnt in charge of that. Get in touch with whomever deals with the applications normally.

I have no idea who deals with this kind of stuff, i will just have to contact my tutor, organise a time to go in and figure it out as its pretty urgent now!
Reply 42
Original post by LilyRose5421
Hi, I've gone through the same procedure as you have. From what I can remember (from last week) you click on the reference section and it asks you to input the details of who you reference is going to be. Make sure you double check all the details. At the bottom, there should be a save button. Once you click save, a link will be sent to your referee who then had temporary access to your ucas- something like that- and then can fill in the reference. You cannot click pay/send because the reference section has not been completed. All sections have to be completed before you click pay/send. Once you click that, your application will be processed by UCAS and then sent to your choices. Hope that helped!

Thats the issue, i didnt enter any reference details. I did it through using a buzzword. The reference got sent to the college and i can no longer click on the reference section. I cant click pay/send either because of this which leaves me stuck.
Reply 43
---UPDATE---

I have given UCAS a call and they have informed me that it is the college who need to accept the request before i can pay and send my application off (What we all pretty much presumed).

Emailed my tutor back telling him this and he told me to get in contact with one of the colleges UCAS officers.

Emailed her and still no response.

So i called the college and asked for a UCAS officer. I got through straight away and have been told that my reference request was already accepted? I have insisted that my UCAS is still telling me that it hasn't been accepted by the college. I have now been told to wait until later whilst they sort out what the issue is.

This is turning into a joke now.
Reply 44
I have been having the exact same problem, I'm really starting to panic now! Have you got it sorted yet? I rang UCAS and apparently my reference hasn't been sent off when my tutor told me that it is has! When you rang UCAS did they give you a number for you to give to your tutor to ensure that they have sent it off correctly?
Reply 45
My referee completed the reference last night and pressed the submit button. But it is not showing on my application as complete. I asked Ucas and they said it should show straight away. Has anyone had a similar problem? Perhaps it didn't go through or you were meant to press something else? Thanks!
Reply 46
Original post by Robyn_Tr
I have been having the exact same problem, I'm really starting to panic now! Have you got it sorted yet? I rang UCAS and apparently my reference hasn't been sent off when my tutor told me that it is has! When you rang UCAS did they give you a number for you to give to your tutor to ensure that they have sent it off correctly?

Not sorted yet but im 1 step closer. It now displays on mine that the reference has been accepted but i still need to wait for the college to fill it out, approve it and attach it to my application before i am able to pay/send off my entire application. The UCAS officer at my college sent me an email though telling me that its all sorted and goodluck... Its not even finished yet!

UCAS never told me anything about a number to give to my tutor.
Reply 47
You had the length of the universe to complete it.. why leave it to the last minute @Joeey
Reply 48
Your responsibility is to click PAY/SEND and the school deals with references just make sure they've done it whether it be an overall reference/ subject reference or both
Reply 49
Original post by sdvds
You had the length of the universe to complete it.. why leave it to the last minute @Joeey

Because of my circumstances? I was at uni back in September but dropped out around November because the course wasn't for me. Ive also been searching for jobs during the last few months of the year and plus i was on holiday for a few weeks. Along with not being entirely sure what subjects i wanted to do.

But now i know what i want to do, i have completed it and just so happened to of encountered issues with my application in the last week or so.

So to answer your question, no im not really responsible for leaving it this late. My application was complete about a week ago. Your comment just sounds ignorant.
Reply 50
@Joeey ok... so how sure are you that you won't drop out of this course like you did the previous ...
Reply 51
Original post by sdvds
@Joeey ok... so how sure are you that you won't drop out of this course like you did the previous ...

What kind of question is that? It has nothing to do with you. Im pretty sure i know what i want to do and i have chosen the courses that i believe id enjoy taking. Last time i went through clearing and it was a rushed decision which i regret doing as i was unsure at that time.

This thread isn't about my personal journey, its about helping me complete my application. So are you going to offer me some advice on why im having these issues regarding my reference, or are you just going to give me sly comments on why ive left it so late and why i could drop out again...
Reply 52
haha from the sounds of things it looks like you've rushed this application as well it seems you haven't learned your lesson... nvm hope it goes well.
Reply 53
Original post by sdvds
haha from the sounds of things it looks like you've rushed this application as well it seems you haven't learned your lesson... nvm hope it goes well.

"From the sounds of things" yeah... thats your opinion. I know i haven't rushed this application. Ive been looking for courses since November on and off since ive been extremely busy. I dont really see what lesson there is to be learnt here anyway?

Ive said it once and ill say it again, are you going to offer me help on completing my reference or not? If not then get off the thread as your comments are not wanted.

Maybe your the one who should learn a lesson, how about learning how to use a forum properly and posting in the right threads? How about you fix your grammar so i can get a clearer picture of what your trying to tell me? Also how about you tag me in the post rather than just replying, otherwise, nobody knows who your speaking to... Bye!
Reply 54
Original post by sdvds
Your responsibility is to click PAY/SEND and the school deals with references just make sure they've done it whether it be an overall reference/ subject reference or both

I'm not at school. It is my responsibility for the reference too as at the end of the day if it hasn't come through then I cannot click pay/send.
Reply 55
The grammar comment is a bit rich coming from someone who still confuses your with you're. Getting mad at others is not going to help you, if you don't like a comment just ignore it.
Reply 56
My referee (employer) said they submitted it yesterday evening but nothing is showing up. Not sure whether it is something they've not clicked or same problem as others in this thread.
Joey - Did your reference on UCAS update automatically or was it because you rang UCAS and they did something? Thanks.
At least you got it sorted mate ! I did it this year but what I did was filled out the ucas form and didn't add the college buzzword I just got in contact with my tutor face to face and he added the reference instantly, I pretty much que jumped the whole process
Reply 58
Original post by ames123
My referee (employer) said they submitted it yesterday evening but nothing is showing up. Not sure whether it is something they've not clicked or same problem as others in this thread.
Joey - Did your reference on UCAS update automatically or was it because you rang UCAS and they did something? Thanks.

Ive literally rung, emailed and messaged everyone haha! My issue was to do with my college, it was almost as if it was being ignored by everyone who is a UCAS officer. UCAS couldn't help me. Id get in touch with everyone, from UCAS to your employer etc. Its pretty urgent now so id get to it asap if i were you. I would try and get it done today since tomorrows the deadline and you don't want to encounter anymore issues.
Reply 59
Original post by Atunu
The grammar comment is a bit rich coming from someone who still confuses your with you're. Getting mad at others is not going to help you, if you don't like a comment just ignore it.

Im not getting mad at others, its the way he came across. Very ignorant and pointless.

Latest

Trending

Trending