Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has recent work on Jacobitism and political opposition undermined the usefulness of 'stability' in characterising politics in the years 1714-1742?

It's been a fun week.

ReputationRep:
    Evaluate the current explanations for the evolution of bipedalism among hominins. Which do you favour and why?
    and
    Produce a report describing the ecological characteristics and conservation management of a heathland site. You will be provided with maps and related information and you will collect other essential data on the field trip.

ReputationRep:
    Science only tells us what is possible, not what is right. Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    'Why you should let me borrow £10' - an essay by me to my mum

ReputationRep:
    IB Extended Essay

"In The Silmarillion, to what extent does Tolkien show that the desire to possess light has the ability to corrupt?"

Last essay I wrote, finished my final copy about a week ago in 4 hours... the night before it was due (okay, the research and drafting took a few months, so it's not really that big of a deal).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I'm doing a MOOC at the moment. My last essay was:

"In what ways can philosophy contribute to the physical sciences?" :holmes:

What's yours? :yum:

As always, the more magniloquent the better.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah I made this thread last year, but it was really interesting so I'm making it again.
    "How does Pliny convey his sense of loss at Corellius Rufus' death?"

ReputationRep:
    How far did the Governmental machine of Henry VIII develop from 1536 until his death?

ReputationRep:
    ‘The true subject of Guilhem IX’s poetry is class distinction and class privilege.’ Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    Was ist für Sie das zentrale Thema im Werk / in den Werken des von Ihnen gewählten Schriftstellers?
    Begründen Sie Ihre Antwort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    Was ist für Sie das zentrale Thema im Werk / in den Werken des von Ihnen gewählten Schriftstellers?
    Begründen Sie Ihre Antwort.
    Hahaha yes!!! For me:

"Was sind die Folgen der Spielsucht? Bitte schau dich den Film (I had a link) an und beantworte die Frage"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Hahaha yes!!! For me:

"Was sind die Folgen der Spielsucht? Bitte schau dich den Film (I had a link) an und beantworte die Frage"
    :five:
    German essays are my favourite, I become creative for some reason and always have so much to write about xD sometimes too much lol... :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    :five:
    German essays are my favourite, I become creative for some reason and always have so much to write about xD sometimes too much lol... :giggle:
    Same for me except there's an extra step involved which you get to miss out (I think) :'3
    1) read prompt
    2) *brain explodes with 100 things I want to say*
    3) think of things to say in an organized manner
    4) translate said things in to german, write them down, and lose 50% of the value of what I had thought about in english :C
    5) profit

ReputationRep:
    Same for me except there's an extra step involved which you get to miss out (I think) :'3
    1) read prompt
    2) *brain explodes with 100 things I want to say*
    3) think of things to say in an organized manner
    4) translate said things in to german, write them down, and lose 50% of the value of what I had thought about in english :C
    5) profit
    LOOL :rofl:
    I hate to break it to you, that never happens to me :teehee:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    tolles geplänkel für mich :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    LOOL :rofl:
    I hate to break it to you, that never happens to me :teehee:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    tolles geplänkel für mich :mmm:
    Frech... sooo frech >.>

Have you ever said that irl to someone? XD We went on a trip to a german school, said it to a couple of people there and they just looked at us quizzically

ReputationRep:
    Frech... sooo frech >.>

Have you ever said that irl to someone? XD We went on a trip to a german school, said it to a couple of people there and they just looked at us quizzically
    Lool depends on the context tbh. But 'frech' is mostly used in playful situations xD its like saying 'oh youre so naughty' , maybe thats why you got the looks hahah

ReputationRep:
    Lool depends on the context tbh. But 'frech' is mostly used in playful situations xD its like saying 'oh youre so naughty' , maybe thats why you got the looks hahah
    Oh I meant the word geplaenkel xD Not frech lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh I meant the word geplaenkel xD Not frech lol
    Oh, my bad in that case, no I've never heard anyone say that word, its really uncommon. I think its something the English 'made up' for the banter lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh, my bad in that case, no I've never heard anyone say that word, its really uncommon. I think its something the English 'made up' for the banter lol
    No worries And I quite like it :3

ReputationRep:
    Why the Lords should be reformed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I'm doing a MOOC at the moment. My last essay was:

"In what ways can philosophy contribute to the physical sciences?" :holmes:

What's yours? :yum:

As always, the more magniloquent the better.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah I made this thread last year, but it was really interesting so I'm making it again.
    English
    'How does Priestley convey attitudes towards women at the time of the play being set?'
    Very fun. Much interesting. I had a stressful hour, that...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.