The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by neal95
At least you got it sorted mate ! I did it this year but what I did was filled out the ucas form and didn't add the college buzzword I just got in contact with my tutor face to face and he added the reference instantly, I pretty much que jumped the whole process

Not completely sorted, just waiting on my tutor to approve it and im good to go! I should have done what you did really and it would have saved alot of time! Im just greatful that this annoyance is almost over. :smile:
Original post by Joeey
Not completely sorted, just waiting on my tutor to approve it and im good to go! I should have done what you did really and it would have saved alot of time! Im just greatful that this annoyance is almost over. :smile:

I'm sure it will beat the deadline now that the problem has been spotted so it's all good :smile: I'm sure you will be checking track lots now as well!
Reply 62
Original post by neal95
I'm sure it will beat the deadline now that the problem has been spotted so it's all good :smile: I'm sure you will be checking track lots now as well!

Yeah i cant wait now! Been a hectic last few days, really stressful sorting all this out! haha :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by Joeey
What kind of question is that? It has nothing to do with you. Im pretty sure i know what i want to do and i have chosen the courses that i believe id enjoy taking. Last time i went through clearing and it was a rushed decision which i regret doing as i was unsure at that time.

This thread isn't about my personal journey, its about helping me complete my application. So are you going to offer me some advice on why im having these issues regarding my reference, or are you just going to give me sly comments on why ive left it so late and why i could drop out again...

It is a question you need to think about - although you don't need to discuss it on TSR if you don't want to (and if you do want to you'd be better off making a new thread). But as long as this all gets sorted by the deadline you'll be fine, and you then have another 8 months or so to check this is the right thing for you to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by Juno
It is a question you need to think about - although you don't need to discuss it on TSR if you don't want to (and if you do want to you'd be better off making a new thread). But as long as this all gets sorted by the deadline you'll be fine, and you then have another 8 months or so to check this is the right thing for you to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Obviously ive already thought about it. Yeah just waiting on my tutor to email me back saying hes completed the reference section so i can finally complete my application. Im pretty certain its what i want to do, and yeah your right, i have 8 months to cancel if i find out its not what i want to do.
Reply 65
Original post by ames123
I'm not at school. It is my responsibility for the reference too as at the end of the day if it hasn't come through then I cannot click pay/send.

go and watch a video about ucas application seems you know very little when you start saying things like ''am waiting for it to come thru''
Reply 66
Original post by sdvds
go and watch a video about ucas application seems you know very little when you start saying things like ''am waiting for it to come thru''

I know what to do thank you. I've seen you on another thread. People are having problems and stressing a little and your snide remarks are not appreciated.
Reply 67
Original post by ames123
I know what to do thank you. I've seen you on another thread. People are having problems and stressing a little and your snide remarks are not appreciated.

you seem to have alot of time researching other people when more important things are at hand?! seems like your balancing is of point ... good luck anyways
Reply 68
Original post by sdvds
you seem to have alot of time researching other people when more important things are at hand?! seems like your balancing is of point ... good luck anyways

You mean I went on one other thread. Goodness me! I'm sorry for seeing if anyone else was having a similar problem.
Reply 69
Original post by ames123
My referee completed the reference last night and pressed the submit button. But it is not showing on my application as complete. I asked Ucas and they said it should show straight away. Has anyone had a similar problem? Perhaps it didn't go through or you were meant to press something else? Thanks!

It sounds like they didn't attach the reference fully - it's a bit like the personal statement in that you have to preview and then click submit. Once this is done, it will be instant and you can pay and send

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Hello, I'm really desperate right now.

I just realised that the reference might need to be sent off by my tutor BEFORE the deadline, and not only the referee information.

How does it work?

I'm applying "independently", although I am studying in an university in Brazil right now.

I've just clicked the "Ask referee" button and I'm afraid there will be not enough time for him to write it. Does he have to send it to UCAS before the deadline at 18:00 or is there an extra time for references to write it down?

Can he send the reference later if I send the application before he writes it?

Should I try and have him to do it ASAP?

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.
Victor
He needs to do the reference for the application to be sent to ucas and unis. Get him to do it asap if you can, you still have time!
Reply 72
Holy ****!

I'll try to contact him asap... What if I can't? What are my other options?

Thanks!
You can still send your application off late but I think they need to be in by 6pm UK time on the 15th of Jan to have equal consideration with other applicants.

I would phone up UCAS if I were you, they will be able to help you more than me!
Reply 74
Alright, I'll try it as soon as they start working.

Thank you very much for your help!
Original post by vrgimael
Alright, I'll try it as soon as they start working.

Thank you very much for your help!

You need to get him to do it TODAY because your application cannot be sent without a reference and Ucas can do nothing about it. It isn't their problem, it's yours and your referee's.
I have like 8 hours to complete my application, and suddenly my chem teacher e-mailed me that although she send my reference, she ''couldn't'' send the most important part - the predicted grades!!!!

Is there a way to reset my reference, so she can add the pred. grades? Will i have to create a new acount and start again?

I would very much appreciate an answer.
Original post by vrgimael
Holy ****!

I'll try to contact him asap... What if I can't? What are my other options?

Thanks!

I was in a similar situation when I applied for a different course last year. I had no other option but to ring the admissions offices of each university as early as possible the next day and explain my situation to them. I ended up receiving 4 out of 5 offers so theres still hope for you.
Don't panic, everything gonna be OK. Your teacher can do it today, or if he/she isn't...just calm down, call the unis. I thing there are a lot of people in your situation right now :biggrin: And I'm in trouble because I hurried, and the teacher I asked for help was not a good idea to ask for, so maybe you're in better situation now than I am, altought I sent my application yesterday :biggrin: Good luck !
anyone guys??? please!

Latest

Trending

Trending