The Student Room Group

For people who have casual SEX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by effofex
The point is that many people don't actually plan out or know whether or not they are going to have casual sex one night. So, for example, you may go out oblivious of that but meet a dazzlingly hot, sexy man you really badly want to shag and you may not have condoms/femidoms/STI-testing kits on your person. That's when the dispenser comes in handy.

True, which is why they already exist. And then some people don't want to be publicly seen going over to a machine to buy condoms which is why they are in more private area's like toilets.

I wasn't aware that they could be found in restaurants, but for many drunk and forgetful people (remember that many people have casual sex whilst under the influence of alcohol) who may simply forget, at the time they were in the club/pub/bar to visit the toilets to get the contraception - the dispensers can effectively remind them since they would be luminescent and in full view of those leaving the club.

Well some restaurants, some large chain resaturants. Anyway I agree people need to be reminded, but whether they would openly want to go and buy condoms out in the open is another thing.

If they are not embarrassed by snogging each other, grinding on each other, being heavily intoxicated whilst in public and in some cases revealing many parts of their body - I doubt they would be embarrassed by very quickly getting hold of contraceptives and STI-testing kits. Also, clinics are not open in the early hours of the morning (and it would be very unlikely to have mobile clinics outside nightlife hotspots) so the STI self-testing kits are the only real compromise in this instance.

Sure when they are drunk or inebriated they may not be, many others who don't get blind drunk might be though.
24 hour clinics wouldn't be a bad idea though. :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending