Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by universal_set)
    When you post your views/opinions then anyone can read it whether you force or not.

Your brain is full of useless thoughts that's why you created this BS thread.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benpringle)
    University of Dundee/Aberdeen/Strathcylde - where the dim Scottish middle-class kids go
    Your statement makes me really offended. I come from an abusive working class family.Intelligence has two main factors,inheritance and enviroment. As my back ground was awful, it affected my highers performance so I only achieved AABB. Fortunately I have been offered a place at the University of Dundee to studyMedicine which has the best life science department in Scotland (Times Higher Guide).

Judging by your lack of grammar, I am guessing you have a unconditional at the job centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    Like the description of Newcastle as a future student

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This. Roll on September

Already been to the summer school last week and I've already got one notch on my Newcastle University bedpost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran-SAFC)
    This. Roll on September

Already been to the summer school last week and I've already got one notch on my Newcastle University bedpost
    Haha we aint even started yet and my guy's already got a girl on smash

I can only admire your achievement

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    Haha we aint even started yet and my guy's already got a girl on smash

I can only admire your achievement

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, was alright as well! What course are you doing mate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inverness97)
    Your statement makes me really offended. I come from an abusive working class family.Intelligence has two main factors,inheritance and enviroment. As my back ground was awful, it affected my highers performance so I only achieved AABB. Fortunately I have been offered a place at the University of Dundee to studyMedicine which has the best life science department in Scotland (Times Higher Guide).

Judging by your lack of grammar, I am guessing you have a unconditional at the job centre.
    My grammar is absolutely fine. Please, point out my grammatical mistakes? And that's nice but, once again, dry your eyes. If you bothered to read a few posts back, you would see I study law at LSE so yeah, obviously I'll be going straight to the job center.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually relieved Kent isn't on this list.

ReputationRep:
    So I'm a prospective smart kid who likes concrete or slightly dim public school kid xD. I came off quite well in this; thanks for the lol bants!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Going Nottingham and slightly insulted. Oh wells

ReputationRep:
    York?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anything else for Loughborough?
    im intrigued haha!

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopefully going Sheffield and I didn't even apply for Leeds or Newcastle lol, didn't even consider them. I do think I am a bit nicey nice though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inverness97)

Lol who thinks of these insults? Actually made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Loled at the queen mary ting, funny funny

Posted from TSR Mobile

When will imperial change... :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Not low, it's just average for uni I think. I wouldn't say "amazingly" well haha but I got to LSE
      Awesome! Haha I'm sure I'd think you did amazingly well!

ReputationRep:
      This is so true hahah

ReputationRep:
      So I've mostly included Russell Group Universities, but here's my impressions of these different universities. Agree/disagree? Your opinions?

University of Birmingham - relatively intelligent people who you could go get a pint in the bar with; mostly decent down-to-earth types who'll probably end up being a manager later in life

University of Bristol - posh kids who couldn't get into Oxbridge

Durham University - even posher kids who couldn't get into Oxbridge

University of Cambridge - half posh public schoolers, half geeks who can't maintain eye-contact for more than 10 second

University of Oxford - see above

Cardiff University - any sheeps for ****ing?

University of Edinburgh - girls with names Tilly and guys with names like Oliver who come up to Scotland to work semi-hard

University of Exeter - posh country tw**s

University of Glasgow - where the smart Scottish kids go

Imperial College London - day 16 and still no sight of a female; smart kids with loads of internationals

University College London - cool liberal people who have a brain and internationals

Kings College London - where you go if you didn't get into UCL

University of Leeds - where slightly dim public schools go

LSE - very smart serious people afraid to smile

University of Liverpool - why is this even a Russell Group?

University of Manchester - mix of regular decent types and posh kids who want to go to a big city to have a good time and still a good degree

Newcastle University - full of posh, public school kids who have names like Jeffery Wonder-Wotsit who've immigrated from the South and people who couldn't get into Durham; full of posh girls with their legs open

University of Nottingham - where middle-class kids go to meet other middle-class kids

Queen Mary - I thought this was a Sixth Form College?

Queen's University Belfast - most down to earth of all the Russell Groups

University of Sheffield - nicey nice types who couldn't get into Newcastle or Leeds

University of Southampton - middle-class kids whose idea of a good time is... well they don't really have a good time due to being a bit dull

University of Warwick - smart kids who like concrete

University of York - boring kids who want to be around other boring kids in a boring area and get a decent degree

St Andrews - basically an extension of Durham

University of Bath - full of nicey nice people again and hasn't been discovered by the public schools yet

Loughborough University - not the brightest but damn they can play rugby
      I'd be insulted (Leeds) but I'm not public school educated so does that make me a slightly more intelligent state spawn? or equally as dim?

ReputationRep:
      Most down to earth QUB

ReputationRep:
      So I'm either (depending on results) a middle-class kid going to meet other middle-class kids, or a posh kid who couldn't get into Oxbridge... worryingly accurate...

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.