The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Totally cant wait to have a kid, its like a miracle the baby can come out from there and survive wow!!! and anyway u have 9months to prepare yourself, i deeply respect women that give birth, oh how much they go thru for their kids. Once you hold the baby to your chest you forget about the pain. Do some women actually not have babies coz they're too scared of the pain?? :O Man thats crazy
Reply 101
After all I've heard about it, I'm scared. I don't know whether I would want to give birth naturally or not to be honest.
I'm not keen on the pain but the whole "person growing inside me" idea is kinda neat. I've always wanted my own mini me...
*Bleachage*
Heya
Am I the only person who feels scared of giving birth the natural way? Its just I've heard all these horror stories of getting ripped and lots of blood and unless I could have a C-Section, then I feel like I could not have kids because Im too scared of the natural way.

I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same

im terrified cause apparently you also poo sometimes while you give birth because of the pressure.
that is embarassing
mitsabeeba
im terrified cause apparently you also poo sometimes while you give birth because of the pressure.
that is embarassing

embarrassing yes but you get over it

I pooed when I had Alex
Reply 105
Terrifying. But I run in a family of breech births so the odds say I'll have one which equals a lovely C section!
Yes, if I wanted children, for long term reasons I don't, but It sounds very scary. Sort of cool in a way, but scary. I cant imagine what it feels like to stretch that much :afraid:
PinkMobilePhone
I pooed when I had Alex. Honestly it really isn't so bad. I kept apologising to the midwives for having pooed though haha - it's funny looking back at it.

I didn't for one minute mind that my mam and husband saw me poo though. Why on earth would you mind if your partner sees you poo? You're giving birth to his baby! Do you really think he'd be bothered about a bit of poo?

If my partner sees me poo I'm pretty sure any sexual desire that was once there would go absolutely FLYING out the window! He's a BLOKE. He CANNOT see me poo! I cannot poo in front of my partner AND a group of strangers! Hahaha. No no no no. To be honest, the very idea of even having someone inspecting my private parts for anything really, really freaks me out. I dread any appointment with a gynaecologist im just too vain and embarrassed.
I remember when I first saw an actual natural birth on TV. I was like 9. However I'm not scared about the whole birthing experience.

When I was younger than that I thought doctors took a knife and cut the line on your stomach. When I realized it has something to do with the vagina, I thought the pee hole would have to expand that big. :eek:

Now that I know how you give birth the right way, I'm not scared. I'm actually quite relieved. :p:

I think I would want to have one of those water births. It seems more comfortable.
Tinkerbee
In what way? My vagina stretches waaay more than my nostril? :p:

as in the size ratio of nostril to orange and vagina to baby !

my mum said it is more like trying to get a grape out of your nostril.. which doesnt sound quite so painful!
Antonia87
If my partner sees me poo I'm pretty sure any sexual desire that was once there would go absolutely FLYING out the window! He's a BLOKE. He CANNOT see me poo! I cannot poo in front of my partner AND a group of strangers! Hahaha. No no no no. To be honest, the very idea of even having someone inspecting my private parts for anything really, really freaks me out. I dread any appointment with a gynaecologist im just too vain and embarrassed.

yeh I'm kinda like that for gynaecologists but when it's a labour situation you just want the baby OUT and to hell with whatever else might happen lol.

I don't give a stuff if my hubby sees me poo though - I walk in on him on the loo often enough so it hardly matters
I don't get why everyone's so scared! I mean OK, yeah, its painful, but
a) it the most natural thing in the world
b) with today's medicine you'd be extremely unlucky for something to go seriously wrong. (Having a baby with no help in the jungle, now that's scary) and
c) you get a baby at the end of it and you'll love it!

mentally I'm not quite ready yet although physically, at 22 i'm perfect and the boy and I talk about it. We live on a boat though, so we'd need a bigger one before having kids!

This springs to mind:

Oh yeah, totally. I'd be so scared knowing it's in there and then knowing it has to come out.

My friend gave birth on Saturday. She was in labour for 23 hours and she was terrified of giving birth but she said when you're in labour you don't even think about it.

She was proud she didn't poo herself though! lol.
Reply 113
I'm not necessarily scared of the giving birth - I mean, I'm not keen on the pain but I'll take any drugs they can give me and hope for a quick labour! But I don't like the idea of what else happens when you're pushing very hard...

Really don't fancy pooping all over my baby's head. :s-smilie: I think I would have to not eat a thing for a few days before my due date so there was no danger of anything else needing to be expelled!
vixky!
After I watched Dawn Gets a Baby on BBC Three, I was put off even more - I suggest you all watch that if you haven't already!

I'm almost finished watching Dawn Gets a Baby after you suggested it and it's safe to say I'm suitably traumatised. It all just looks so incredibly owwie!
Reply 115
snoogy
I'm almost finished watching Dawn Gets a Baby after you suggested it and it's safe to say I'm suitably traumatised. It all just looks so incredibly owwie!

I only caught a little bit on telly but it looked interesting. It's not on BBC iplayer so where are you watching it from? If you don't mind me asking :smile: x
I am never going through child birth, I had to watch a birthing video in PSHE back in year 5, put me off for life. I couldn't even sit through that scene in "Knocked Up" because the entire process freaks me out so much. And I cant stand it when pregnant relatives get me to feel their stomach, etc. - the whole thing is so odd.

So I guess its adoption for me then!
xJessx
I only caught a little bit on telly but it looked interesting. It's not on BBC iplayer so where are you watching it from? If you don't mind me asking :smile: x

Eek. Umm, I acquired it in a less than legal way :redface: I have a small addiction to documentaries and got all of the Dawn documentaries in one big download.

*shuffles off*
Reply 118
JoiedeVivre5
apparently giving birth is like trying to get an orange out of your nostril...

I heard it's like trying to push a melon through a keyhole - not sure which is worse!

I love kids, but I don't want any for a looong time - I think pregnancy is freaky and birth just revolting. I also have a fear of babies - not kids, just those that can't talk/feed/dress/go to the toilet themselves.

But everyone who says its so gross I'll adopt will probably do it in the end, my mum says u just get this sort of desire to have a baby with the man u love even of it means looking like a tank for months and losing your figure and bladder control.
i want to have children in like 10 years but im also scared of the pain but i know it will be worth it!

maybe in 10 years there will be some new medical thing that makes it less painful?!?! PLEASE!

Latest

Trending

Trending