The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tomas2222
It's silly to see UK being a kind of victim because of a few inches of snow... Here we used to go to school when it was 15 below zero and that wasn't that unusual... :biggrin:

I don't know, maybe the situation is really not as conventional as I can consider from viewing BBC, is it?

The BBC usually go to the worst affected areas :p: That said, people really do go over the top when it snows :rolleyes:
It's always better to exaggerate such things in order to attract more viewers...:wink:
The BBC usually only care when it hits places more southern than Birmingham!! Then it's considered an emergency :p: (especially London :wink: )

It's not unusual for the North of England and wales/scotland/NI to get snow, just not usually this deep, and the councils have run out of grit which is causing more problems on the pavements/roads.
tick.tock
The BBC usually only care when it hits places more southern than Birmingham!! Then it's considered an emergency :p: (especially London :wink: )

It's not unusual for the North of England and wales/scotland/NI to get snow, just not usually this deep, and the councils have run out of grit which is causing more problems on the pavements/roads.

Yep, my car is useless on the roads here in Yorkshire. The main roads are ok, but getting out of my house and to the main roads is borderline impossible :p:

Thus I am stuck indoors on Track until the snow clears, taking my dog for walks in between update sessions xD
Undiscovery
Yep, my car is useless on the roads here in Yorkshire. The main roads are ok, but getting out of my house and to the main roads is borderline impossible :p:

Thus I am stuck indoors on Track until the snow clears, taking my dog for walks in between update sessions xD

Haha, I was nearly expected to go into college today, When I rely on public transport and the only bus route cancelled is the one I get on I don't know how the expected me to do that!!

Makin a snowman today (Yes, because i'm cool :wink: ) I heard about 5 cars skid and slide down the main road near me. It's stupid. Don't like snow :frown:

Prefer rain, strangely enough! So I'm inside now, checking track and supposedly working.. But I dont have the self discipline because track has depressed me by not updating :p: Haha!
Tomas2222
It's always better to exaggerate such things in order to attract more viewers...:wink:

:yes:

That's why they stand in a field talking about how deep the snow is, when there are perfectly clear roads behind them. :rolleyes: We had -13 the week before Christmas; we drove to the airport to drop off my brother/collect my sister in a blizzard with no problems whatsoever. :biggrin:

Hopefully it won't last long and all those pesky admissions people will be back at work asap.
Are you actually sure they're not at work?
Hopefully they are...
FieldLeftBlank
Are you actually sure they're not at work?

Nope we're all just presuming, :p:

I hope they are at work! :biggrin:
ARGH still nothing. I may cry. :frown: the fact that i know I've had an offer and I just need it to be updated makes it a million times worse =/

On the ucas homepage, it says that the customer service lines shut at half 3 cause of the weather, but the online services are all running as normal. so i just don't get it! are they just running around outside throwing snowballs at each other or what?! i don't :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: get it, i got my offer before christmas, it should be updated by now. arrrrgh :frown:
charley_says
ARGH still nothing. I may cry. :frown: the fact that i know I've had an offer and I just need it to be updated makes it a million times worse =/

On the ucas homepage, it says that the customer service lines shut at half 3 cause of the weather, but the online services are all running as normal. so i just don't get it! are they just running around outside throwing snowballs at each other or what?! i don't :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: get it, i got my offer before christmas, it should be updated by now. arrrrgh :frown:

:ditto:

Same University too!! Although it's not the same school/department! Maybe it's something to do with Swansea! :rolleyes:
tick.tock
:ditto:

Same University too!! Although it's not the same school/department! Maybe it's something to do with Swansea! :rolleyes:

Hah yeah maybe.. They just shouldn't have sent that stupid postcard! I'd be so much better if I didn't know I was waiting for something definite to come up. And swansea is my first choice too, they need to hurry up :mad:
charley_says
Hah yeah maybe.. They just shouldn't have sent that stupid postcard! I'd be so much better if I didn't know I was waiting for something definite to come up. And swansea is my first choice too, they need to hurry up :mad:

Swansea is turning into my first choice too! (think the healthcare dept. might be better than Leeds), but I was unable to go on the open days so I dunno what it looks like or anything, :confused:

Ahh I do hope they hurry up!!! If I hadn't had that postcard I'd just be wondering if i had any news, not knowing I have some and it not showing up!! LOL
Oh God every time I log into track it just says the same thing. :frown: I have one offer from York and sent it on 3rd December. Come onnnn track, one more offer to keep me going for a few more weeks....
I am going to check... dum dum dummm... :p:

Nothink. :frown:
tick.tock
Swansea is turning into my first choice too! (think the healthcare dept. might be better than Leeds), but I was unable to go on the open days so I dunno what it looks like or anything, :confused:

Ahh I do hope they hurry up!!! If I hadn't had that postcard I'd just be wondering if i had any news, not knowing I have some and it not showing up!! LOL

Well I don't know about the actual department but the uni in itself is awesome, my ex went there so i saw a fair bit of it then and loved it. nights out are pretty awesome too. plus the new accommodation they've built is lush so i'm gonna try and get in there :biggrin:

oh my god, i just checked and it's still exactly the same. what a surprise. lol. I keep getting half excited cause the last 3 choices all seem to take that tiny bit longer to load so I always think there'll be a change :frown:
charley_says
Well I don't know about the actual department but the uni in itself is awesome, my ex went there so i saw a fair bit of it then and loved it. nights out are pretty awesome too. plus the new accommodation they've built is lush so i'm gonna try and get in there :biggrin:

oh my god, i just checked and it's still exactly the same. what a surprise. lol. I keep getting half excited cause the last 3 choices all seem to take that tiny bit longer to load so I always think there'll be a change :frown:

Which are the new accomodations?! Not sure which accomodation I could live in because my course is a 47 week one!! All I've heard about it is it's brilliant though, and they've got a new suite for healthcare so sounds good!

And I know what you mean, I've only done 3 choices so swansea's last on the list and it takes just a little bit longer than usual to load so i'm like "oooo!.. ah no :frown: "

Lets hope it'll update tomorrow!! :p: :yes:
tick.tock
Which are the new accomodations?! Not sure which accomodation I could live in because my course is a 47 week one!! All I've heard about it is it's brilliant though, and they've got a new suite for healthcare so sounds good!

And I know what you mean, I've only done 3 choices so swansea's last on the list and it takes just a little bit longer than usual to load so i'm like "oooo!.. ah no :frown: "

Lets hope it'll update tomorrow!! :p: :yes:

Ahh if I'm right you'd be in the student village then, I'm not sure if they do 47 week contracts on campus, but i dunno. well they've made new accommodation on campus quite recently and they're lush, and I want one lol. But saying that, my ex lived in the student village and it was so much fun, and everyone seemed to know everyone. and the bar has cheap drinks :biggrin: so it's hard to say what's better really. plus the rooms in the student village seem that little bit bigger than on campus which is good :smile:

I think it's got to the stage now that I'll keep checking and fail to notice that it's actually updated, I'll just assume theres no change and log out :s-smilie:
charley_says
Ahh if I'm right you'd be in the student village then, I'm not sure if they do 47 week contracts on campus, but i dunno. well they've made new accommodation on campus quite recently and they're lush, and I want one lol. But saying that, my ex lived in the student village and it was so much fun, and everyone seemed to know everyone. and the bar has cheap drinks :biggrin: so it's hard to say what's better really. plus the rooms in the student village seem that little bit bigger than on campus which is good :smile:

I think it's got to the stage now that I'll keep checking and fail to notice that it's actually updated, I'll just assume theres no change and log out :s-smilie:

The bolded bit made me laugh outloud as I actually thought that the last time I logged out, :p:

The student village sounds great, and seen a few pics, I like what i've seen! :smile: And I like the fact most people have said that everyone seems to know everyone, as i'll definately be on my own if I go! LOL (Coming from nearer Preston/Manchester haha!)

Goodluck for it updating tomorrow!! I wish they'd have put the conditions on the postcard, haha! :biggrin:
heidigirl
Nooooooo....I hadn't thought of that. :eek:

Stupid UK not being prepared for snow. They do it every year, have a whole panic when a couple of inches of snow come down; you'd think they'd have learnt by now. :rant: :rolleyes:

Half the admissions tutors are probably at home and not in their offices making decisions...:frown:

lolll i heard on the tv that people were panicing and driving to supermarkets to buy stashes of food incase they were snowed in lol well i dont know for sure but think about it, if alot of people can't make it into work then ucas and the university admission people would be no different. They were prob sitting around watching loose women whilst i was checking my ucas track..

Latest

Trending

Trending