The Student Room Group

Hoew much weight can you loose in 4 weeks?

Hi! :smile:

I'm going on holiday mid-July, and although im quite happy with my figure (size 8-10) there are bits i want to shape up for the summer. I.e tummy.

I have quite a nice tummy and legs, but not as flat as i want it to be :frown: .

If i'm honest with myself, i don't eat particularly healthily and don't exercise much either :confused: so i've decided to change and excercise!

All my family are nice and slim, my sister has the most perfect figure, oh apart from my dads beer belly . :rolleyes:

I actually feel quite lucky in the fact i live quite an unhealthy lifestyle yet am not fat or spotty or anything.

I tried doing 'crunches' or sit ups the other day but didn't manage very many! Haha :redface: so basically my point is : I wanna tone up! :smile:

How much weight do you think its possible to loose? I just wanna loose a bit on my tummy and legs, but don't wanna go on a rediculously hard diet. I might just cut out chocolate and things for a while (worked for my sister!) and generally eat healthily. I suggested joining a gym to someone and they said its a waste of money as you can exercise in cheaper ways.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In 4 weeks, I'd say 10lb isn't out of reach, if you exercise. If not, then at most half of that, and you will have to have a perfect diet.. eat clean, no chocolate or anything. Better to do the exercise and treat yourself with a pizza or something every now and then

Go running, it's much better than treadmills in the gym.. I used to do 20 minutes at a fast speed in the gym with not much problem but running on the streets was much harder! Try for half an hour jogging, that will burn a good 500 calories.
Reply 2
mik1w
In 4 weeks, I'd say 10lb isn't out of reach, if you exercise. If not, then at most half of that, and you will have to have a perfect diet.. eat clean, no chocolate or anything. Better to do the exercise and treat yourself with a pizza or something every now and then

Go running, it's much better than treadmills in the gym.. I used to do 20 minutes at a fast speed in the gym with not much problem but running on the streets was much harder! Try for half an hour jogging, that will burn a good 500 calories.

I think it's highly unlikely that some who's a size 8-10 will lose 10lbs in 4 weeks unless she's prepare to stop eating or start throwing up after meals. You might manage 4lbs if you're lucky. I don't see the point though- you're already thin enough to make me hate you. :frown: Wouldn't be a bad idea eating more healthily though anyway if you think you're diet is bad as it is, it has other health benefits i.e. long term things and also makes you feel perkier in general. If you want to tone up and there's not much fat on you then weights and stuff would be better than cardio stuff I'd imagine.
you can easily lose a stone in 4 months. But judging with your clothes size i don't see why you would need to lose any weight :confused: What you're probably having problems with is toning. Cardio or sit-ups usually helps this if you want a more refined tummy.
Reply 4
lol -I don't know what size 8-10 means... weight and bodyfat equivalent?

and she said 4 weeks not 4 months:p:
Hana_87
Hi! :smile:

I actually feel quite lucky in the fact i live quite an unhealthy lifestyle yet am not fat or spotty or anything.

whoa, let me stop you there. Being thin doesn't necessarily mean that you are healthy. You still have a high risk of heart disease if you don't excercise no matter what weight you are. It's very important that you do some sort of excercise and eat at least 5 pieces of fruit and veg a day.
mik1w
lol -I don't know what size 8-10 means... weight and bodyfat equivalent?

and she said 4 weeks not 4 months:p:

lol i meant four weeks.

YES YOU CAN LOSE UP TO A STONE IN 4 WEEKS :p:

it is perfectly possible.
Reply 7
Depends on your body, what you normally eat etc. Hell, you could lose a lot, depends how much your health matters to you...

By normal standards, you're not fat at 8-10, so don't worry...
Reply 8
you can smoke 'a lot'
Reply 9
yeah i'd say 10lbs is easily possible, but by the sounds of it you dont need to lose that much. you dont want to turn into some skinny bitch. eat 5-6 clean, healthy and in your case small meals a day and exercise as much as you can be bothered to.
Also if you are aiming to become more toned i strongly recommend some form of weight training. This will help no end, including to help you lose weight.
My friend goes to one of those slimming clubs (forget which) and I they recommend that a healthy, average weight loss for a month is 10% of your body weight. Obviously if you have more to lose, you will lose more...so if you're already an 8-10 I doubt you will lose anywhere near a stone.

Try "toning up" rather than losing weight...muscle tone looks better than bones anyway! :biggrin:
mik1w

You are joking surely!?!
10lbs is a hell of a lot for a size 8-10 girl to lose in a month.
You
a) don't want to worry so much about the weight loss - aim for more like 5lbs.
b) instead look up online different exercise fro stomach, bum and thighs. these are the areas im betting you are worried about, and will benefit more from exercise than dieting.
Reply 12
I said above I didn't know what size 8-10 is.. I'm noy a girl.. what weight would that be?
Reply 13
about a stone i think, if your determined
mik1w
I said above I didn't know what size 8-10 is.. I'm noy a girl.. what weight would that be?

not much.
the size is more about shape, but even if they are tall, size 8 will mean they are very slim, and so 10lb will be a large % of their body weight. If they are smaller but a little bit more robust, then of course again it will be a big % of their body weight
Reply 15
i can loose weight in 10 seconds. its called doing a number 2.

if i eat sensibly for a few days i often loose a couple of lbs. in 4 weeks you should be able to shift close to a stone if you really try hard. one bar of chocolate can ruin it though :biggrin:
Reply 16
Hana_87, Good luck with your tummy slimming, though you don't sound fat at all! Cut down a little on what you eat and so a few situps a day and it should help as people have said in this post. Keep at it, and slot a period of time each day for some exercise - if you usually drive/use public transport, walk some of your journies instead.

Good luck, and have a great holiday :smile:
~ j
Reply 17
I'm 6ft tall and am usually about 12-13 stone. Last year I lost a stone before I went on holiday in about 5/6 weeks of 45mins a day on an exercise bike, and doing loads of situps.

I'm going to do it again this year as I put it all back on.

Eat less + Do more = lose weight
Reply 18
Diet & Exercise !

Severe restriction of diet to fruit, veg, meat and tons of water

Exercise daily in huge amounts !

You can lose more than you ever imagined !

Stick to basic principles, commitment, dedication and hardwork are the key !
last christmas i lost 18 lbs in six days (the secret is tonsilitis) :wink:
alternatively amoebic dysentry is apparently very effective

Latest

Trending

Trending