On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Jamaican Boy
And was it an en suite you went for?

Yea they made offer outside their halls (these were en-suite) and i had originally applied for en-suite, but looks like there all taken :| - but willing to go for premium or enhanced like i said ... so i hope something positive comes out of it on tuesday:wink:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Wait so proccessing 3 means you are getting your third choice???
Daaayyyyyummm im going to be poor with Glen eyre Enhanced......
So having Processing 2 means that they are allocating everyone else their first choices first then going onto the processing 2 peeps, or that they have looked at mine and i have just missed my first choice...
Reply 43
Don't worry too much people! You'll enjoy whichever halls you end up in, none of them are bad.
nbee
I feel soo fogged off and let down by the whole system, I mean I applied really early, and made southampton firm months ago - easily met conditional offer for civil engineering... And yet i find myself with none of my 3 choices, (having waited about 7 days to even see 'precessing' in my status section), fogged off with a private accommodation offer only yeturday, which is deffinately not suitable (in city centre and a bus ride away from uni x( - since im not into nightclubs but interested in sport so wana to be close). Surely wen they say they garaentee me accommodation for the first year in their halls they actaully mean in THEIR university halls? I am certainly willing to compromise for a Premium or Enhanced room in either Glen, wessex or small halls.
Makes me feel like jacking the whole lot of it in sometimes!, i feel like im not wanted and that they just don't give a damn! I mean accommodation is very important, since its the difference between making friends and not (and seeing as i struggle to make friends at the best of times) i need to be around alot of people for best chances of finding someone that is like me. It's also the place where i will be for the next year of my life! - so to me its a big deal, and yet I find myself at the bottom of the 'pile' as it were. The only option left for me is to ring them on tuesday at 8am (monday is bank holiday), and ask to speak to someone incharge who can atleast help, rather than the usual unhelpful info i have been getting from last 2 calls... I feel very dissapointed in the system, and i am now left in limbo whether i will have to commute from IOW (last resort) or i actually find an acceptable offer of en-suite/enhanced/premium room that is self-catered... Any new advice would be much appreciated for i am at a loss here :frown: Possible tips for adding fuel to my fire on tuesday wen i call them would also be greatly received! :biggrin: (and some positive rep!) Sorry about long answer btw but i feel it just had to be said ...

Given the bit in bold you would be better off asking for a catered room (en suite in small halls) or self catered basic (sharing a kitchen with lots of people). If you insist on self catered en suite or premium/enhanced then you're severely limiting the number of people you'll meet in halls to the 5-8 people you share a kitchen with....go for catered or basic and you'll be mixing with a group of 10-40 people in your kitchen and the neighbouring kitchens/corridors....
Reply 45
bigdaveracer
So having Processing 2 means that they are allocating everyone else their first choices first then going onto the processing 2 peeps, or that they have looked at mine and i have just missed my first choice...

Processing 2 means that they can't match ur first choice but are looking for current second choice matches :frown: gl
mine has been on processing 3 since results day... does that mean im likely to get my third choice, thats what i was presuming, but then when nbee said theirs changed from processing 2 to unmatched...
if i get 3rd choice i will be in richard newitt courts and they look awesome, so if mine now swaps after 2 weeks im going to be sad, i dm aslong as im on campus?
Reply 47
Mine was processing 2 then went to unmatched and was for a while only got my offer yesterday and it turns out it was my third choice all along. I was told that they couldn't match any of my choices when they first looked but when they were trying to match it as close as possible a room had become available because someone either rejected it or didn't accept their place in time. So even if it says unmatched don't give up you might still get what you wanted :smile:
Reply 48
wonder what happened to nbee...?

Latest

Trending

Trending