Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    when i was getting up this morning i could hardly move cos it hurt so much, its on the left side down at like the small of my back, and it really hurts. i cant even stand up properly. god knows how im gonna get out of this chair
    and to top it off cos i couldnt get out of bed i think ive missed an exam :eek:

ReputationRep:
    When my back used to hurt i found laying on the floor helped, on your front or back. perfectly straight/flat. Every so often stretch it out, go on to your forearms and gradually lift your upper body so it's curved.

http://www.nismat.org/orthocor/progr...ackex.html#Ex2

just found a site, i got told to do some of those. make sure you're posture's good, make sure you're sitting correctly. basically, use your common sense. if it persists, go to the doctor and he will prescribe you a physio or maybe even a chiro.. but i doubt anything severe is wrong with it.

ReputationRep:
    thanks , hopefully its a one off

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever had back pain before? Did you do something that might have hurt your back? Do you have any other symptons? Just thinking it might not really be back pain but something else hurting that feels like back pain. Like kidney pain which is usually centered in the lower back, just below the rib cage with pain spreading to the sides.

ReputationRep:
    I have constant back pain from an old driving injury and it can make me not be able to move a lot of the time! Especially if the weather isnt settled. If it doesnt go away, or you get it again, see your doc you might get some anti-inflamatories.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.