The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I applied to study Philosophy at Undergrad, at King's College, Exeter, Bristol, Warwick and Durham, and I am yet to hear anything, rejections or confirmations, from anywhere.

I applied in mid november, should I be worried? I have applied with deferred entry if that affects anything? I would just like some reassurance really! I've phoned/emailed all the unis and they say they have received my application, it's just I'm the only one out of my friends yet to hear anything.

Thanks!
Reply 2601
ferdi.g
I applied for History and Politics to (in order of preference):

Oxford - Rejected (Messed up the exam)
Edinburgh - Pending
St. Andrews - Rejected (I made a mistake with the course choice and so it didn't correspond to my PS and had nothing to do with politics)
Glasgow - Offer (AAB)
York - Offer (AAA)

I'd be more than happy to go to Glasgow, I'm sure I'll end up there anyway.

I'm still waiting for Edinburgh. The only reason I'm still hoping is that my 2 rejections were due to precise reasons which won't apply to Edinburgh.

Somebody from the Edinburgh thread emailed the admissions lady and she told him that all History replies will be out by he 26th...

Edinburgh sounds great, I also wanted to apply there but after I heard how difficult it is to get in I forgot about it, dont think my grades + PS are good enough for two competitive subjects... It´s the same with me, I´d be more than happy to go to Stirling or UEA, but I´d love :love: to go to St Andrews although I have not much hope, for the same reasons as for Edinburgh. Well still waiting may be a good sign. :rolleyes: They sent me an e-mail only days after I sent my UCAS application telling me that they would wait with their decisions until after the deadline. Did they send thas to you aswell?
Michael2764
I applied to study Philosophy at Undergrad, at King's College, Exeter, Bristol, Warwick and Durham, and I am yet to hear anything, rejections or confirmations, from anywhere.

I applied in mid november, should I be worried? I have applied with deferred entry if that affects anything? I would just like some reassurance really! I've phoned/emailed all the unis and they say they have received my application, it's just I'm the only one out of my friends yet to hear anything.

Thanks!

Take a look at the thread I'm merging this into, you've by no means alone!
My last offer came more than 2 months ago and I'm still waiting for the last uni to answer. Which, by the way, has the lowest requirements of the five...
Reply 2604
BlueLips
Three rejections, zero offers :frown: :frown: :frown:
Wondering what went wrong..

Sorry to hear that. What subject/what unis have you been rejected from/where are you waiting to hear from?

Good luck for your remaining two choices?
Jenima
Edinburgh sounds great, I also wanted to apply there but after I heard how difficult it is to get in I forgot about it, dont think my grades + PS are good enough for two competitive subjects... It´s the same with me, I´d be more than happy to go to Stirling or UEA, but I´d love :love: to go to St Andrews although I have not much hope, for the same reasons as for Edinburgh. Well still waiting may be a good sign. :rolleyes: They sent me an e-mail only days after I sent my UCAS application telling me that they would wait with their decisions until after the deadline. Did they send thas to you aswell?

I can't remember. They gave me a reply before the deadline, they rejected me on the 17th of December.
ferdi.g
1) Someone emailed the admissions tutor to ask when they'd send out offers/rejections and she said that she plans to send out all History related replies before the 26th of Feb.

2) On Friday, 3-4 people got replies for History related subjects (one of them for the same course as me).

3) There is not 3.

ohh, i'm tempted to email them about my course now and ask, i just don't want to seem overly eager
have you heard?
cassandraleighanne
ohh, i'm tempted to email them about my course now and ask, i just don't want to seem overly eager
have you heard?

I tink I'll hear tomorrow, I just have the feeling I will. Or maybe Tuesday/Wednesday...

I never dared email them because I was afraid it would affect my application, being so pushy/impatient.
Well done guys. I think im going to get rid of my last choice. They have offered me an interview on the 10th and I know I won't be able to attend this. im starting a new job with really strange hours and this is my first shift so can't really get out of it. Plus im about 90% certain I don't want to go to york.
Reply 2609
I sent my UCAS application off on the 20th January (within the extended deadline), however Track has yet to update. I do have an unconditional offer for Hull as they sent me a letter about 2 weeks ago, though this still has not shown on Track. I also have an interview for Queen Mary, though I have heard nothing from the other universities I've applied to.

Is this normal? I mean, I've applied to universities before the first time round and I can't remember going this long (it's been nearly 5 weeks) without anything happening on UCAS.

Maybe I'm just being impatient. I suppose the universities are busy and will get back to me within due course, but it seems odd that Track hasn't updated at all. I thought some universities would be quicker than others at giving me a response.
It's totally normal for track to take a while (or an age, in some cases) to update, so nothing to worry about.
As for hearing back from uni's - yeah, you're being impatient. You're doing well to have 2 replies already given that you only sent it off a month ago.
tallia
Help!!!............has anyone had a business and language offer for 2010 yet??

business and spanish offers for 2010???

hi everyone, i sent off my UCAS just over a week ago and cant stop checking my emails!!! heard nothing except for a postcard from southampton and an email from exeter saying they considering,.

has anyone applied for a business and spanish or management and spanish degree anywhere and had an offer? ive applied to exeter through their flexible honours programme for spanish and management and applied for 2 courses at Aston (for business and spanish and international business and spanish) and southampton for their spanish and management sciences.

Also cant make up mind on 5th choice as not put down yet....any help gratefully received! i liked royal holloway, am seeing surrey this weekend and did wonder about kent although not been to open day....please let me know if anyone has offers or has advice re 5th choice

I've applied to NTU but STILL waiting for an offer for spanish :|
Has anyone had any offers back yet from London Met? They are the only ones im waiting to get back to me with an offer getting miffed as i only need to make my insurance choice but in a month i want to book my accommadation for my firm and that MEH!

I did email them a month ago and they told me i would hear something soon as my application was with another dept due to listing a disability etc and they needed to check they would be able to offer support during my studies.
It's now been just over a month since I sent in my application, and I've only received two replies. Admittedly I did send in my application on the final day of the deadline, but should it really take this long? How much longer should I expect to wait for the other three places to get back to me?
roonerspism
It's now been just over a month since I sent in my application, and I've only received two replies. Admittedly I did send in my application on the final day of the deadline, but should it really take this long? How much longer should I expect to wait for the other three places to get back to me?

A month really isn't that long. Lots of people wait many months before getting replies from some unis. I wouldn't worry.

Unis should aim to get back to you by March 31st, but actually have until May 7th.
Unconditional from Manchester! three down two more to go! :woo: So excited. I want to firm York out of all five, but I'm not entirely sure between Manchester/Birmingham and Exeter/Nottingham. Tough choices . . .
Reformed2010
Unconditional from Manchester! three down two more to go! :woo: So excited. I want to firm York out of all five, but I'm not entirely sure between Manchester/Birmingham and Exeter/Nottingham. Tough choices . . .

NTU have emailed me to say that i'll get my offer in the next couple of days:smile:
xx:woo:
Reformed2010

wow all unconditional offers :p: well done. Congrats x
Reply 2618
Grr, Warwick are annoying me. They've had my application for over 4 months now and still heard nothing back.
I want to decide on my firm choice and start applying for Student Finance! :frown:
Greg.
Grr, Warwick are annoying me. They've had my application for over 4 months now and still heard nothing back.
I want to decide on my firm choice and start applying for Student Finance! :frown:

You can do your student finance now even if not firmed your firm choice yet i have .. and if your choice changes you just ring SFE up with the new choice details and thats it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending