The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Natural is fine, rough is not.

They are both different.
I wear make up most of the time when I go out, mostly because im so pale.
When I wake up in the morning my eyes are always quite purple, and with such pale skin it makes me look like a corpse :p:

Im not as pale as I used to be, but there was a point where I was so white that everyone used to think I was ill if I didnt have any make up on, so I kind of got into the habit of putting a bit on to make myself look a little more alive lol. I absolutley love pale skin, im not a tan person at all so I have no interest in fake tans (or real ones) I just dont like the purple rings around my eyes, so use make up to cover it. I dont see anything wrong with that myself.

We arent all blessed with good genes unfortunately and if a guy is going to leave me 10 years down the line because when I was 25 I wore more make up than I do at that time, then oh well, sod him.
Reply 22
There's nothing wrong with looking natural when i can't be bothered to make an effort i just wear eyeliner actually i use to much eyeliner run out in about a week but when i want to make an effort i wear fake eyelashes, foundation and so on but i think everyone should at least make some effort like wax/pluck/thread your eyebrows no one wants bushy eye brows.
yer i think this country has gone over the top on fakeness, i lived in a different country for 5 months last year and seeing a girl with makeup on was a rarity. but they looked much better than barbie dolls over here lol
Do you really want a girl that has eyebrows like Sandy Cohen and a bush to match? What about a girl that has eyes like a dead person, skin like a piece of pizza? Honestly. No one wants to see a girl that looks rough, the human body is fine tuned to enjoy attractiveness, not ugliness. It's inherent.
Anonymous
yer i think this country has gone over the top on fakeness, i lived in a different country for 5 months last year and seeing a girl with makeup on was a rarity. but they looked much better than barbie dolls over here lol

Go to america, then you'll see barbie dolls. The girls here don't have **** on barbie dolls, they're all just a carbon copy of one another with their New look and primark.
I like making an effort. I don't put too much make up on apart from some basic foundation, eyeliner and mascara but it just makes me feel better about myself and look less pale. I have very pale skin so make up goes a long way :p:

PS. There is a difference between looking natural and rough :eek:
Reply 27
x.Crystal.x
Looking natural is completely different to looking rough!
Im a natural kind of gal. I don't wear make up, only get my hair cut twice a year and live in jeans, but i don't look rough! The only time I wear heels is when I go out, and even then I don't wear make up.

whats the difference then would you say? When Ive no make up on I would say I look rough with pale patchy/freckly skin and windblown tangled looking curly hair.
Reply 28
I have barely even thought about using makeup for years now. It's not important to me. *shrug*
Anonymous
whats the difference then would you say? When Ive no make up on I would say I look rough with pale patchy/freckly skin and windblown tangled looking curly hair.

:s-smilie: How can you not know the difference between looking natural and looking rough? It's obvious.

You can still look natural if you wear make-up, and you can still look rough as wearing make-up. It's not about whether or not you wear make-up, if you look good then you look good without make-up, if you're patchy/blemishy then you're unlucky, you look rough.
Reply 30
It depends
I lover eyeliner like hell but I always go some days without wearing some eyeliner. However I look stupid in foundation, it always looks stupid, emphasises dry skin makes less dry skin look very oily. Other people however look amazing with foundation. I really don;t like blusher though. Some people wear lote of makeup all the time and you see them without makeup and they look so weird. Especially people who wear lots of eye makeup and then you see them without any and they look peculiar.
Reply 31
I live in the country and always just go out in a BIG hoodie, jeans, no make up and messy hair. I don't give a damn! If i'm going somewhere nice then I will try look a bit tidy but I like looking a bit messy for some reason...
Just because someone wants to take pride in their appearance, it doesn't make them 'fake'! I don't wear makeup if I know I'm not doing anything that day, I'll just shower and leave my hair to dry. If I'm going anywhere, then I'll straighten my hair and put makeup on, but because it only takes me about half an hour max, I don't see the problem in doing this on a regular basis. It makes me feel better about myself, and that's why I wear makeup - not to impress someone else, which it seems to have been implied here.
Reply 33
MR.PINK
i wasnt against ur opinion, untill that bit
hmm so you find it nice for a girl to compete with u on who got longer and more hair on their legs, and armpits??
nice if u think so, btw why anon?

I didn't mention leg and armpits it only takes a few mins to shave and most of the time girls seem to wear pants anyway so leg hair isn't much of a problem. Im talking more about the face. Anon cause its a really bad habit lol I didn't mean to be anon.
unfortunatly everyone has this thing for puttting on make up, to be fair alot of these girls don't even need it!! they look so much better natural.

its varies, some girls wont leave the house without eyeliner and others may need more than that e.g foundation, eye mascara etc.

i have never shaved/ wax my legs, never pluck my eyebrows, never own foundation, never put on lipstick, never put on eye shadow.
ha!

i must admit though, i always dye my hair, i used to do mad pink but now i just do reddish brown.
Reply 35
sarahthegemini
:s-smilie: How can you not know the difference between looking natural and looking rough? It's obvious.

You can still look natural if you wear make-up, and you can still look rough as wearing make-up. It's not about whether or not you wear make-up, if you look good then you look good without make-up, if you're patchy/blemishy then you're unlucky, you look rough.

Its obvious to you but people will have different ideas about it. I take natural to mean no make up whatsoever, hair left as it dries or however the wind blows it and just comfy clothes in this case most people would look rough. For example when hiking camping this is fairly close to how humans might appear naturally in the wild lol. Though like you said people can still have the natural look with make up on and nice clothes.
Reply 36
truthandtragedy
Just because someone wants to take pride in their appearance, it doesn't make them 'fake'! I don't wear makeup if I know I'm not doing anything that day, I'll just shower and leave my hair to dry. If I'm going anywhere, then I'll straighten my hair and put makeup on, but because it only takes me about half an hour max, I don't see the problem in doing this on a regular basis. It makes me feel better about myself, and that's why I wear makeup - not to impress someone else, which it seems to have been implied here.

This.
I don't think there's anything wrong with being natural, I barely ever wear make up beyond a bit of face power to reduce shine and occasionally a tiny bit of mascara on a night out. Boyfriend doesn't seem to mind and nobody really comments about it. I prefer no make up, it's less hassle, there is no need for spending time in the toilets touching up, it saves money and you can crash straight into bed after a night out without getting horrible smears on your pillow if you don't bother to take it off!
Reply 38
Anonymous

What country was it? Let me guess, it was in Africa.
Reply 39
Anonymous
I didn't mention leg and armpits it only takes a few mins to shave and most of the time girls seem to wear pants anyway so leg hair isn't much of a problem. Im talking more about the face. Anon cause its a really bad habit lol I didn't mean to be anon.

fair enough.
well if it only takes few mins for a girl to shave her body why shouldnt she put abit more time and effort in looking good, instead of rough.

Latest

Trending

Trending