The Student Room Group
Reply 1
yes
Reply 2
not a proper full fledged one no, but my dad does.
Reply 3
My best mate does, he has for years n years, he has about mastered it now (he;s 19) he has all sorts of treatment but the one that has workled in some form of reccession i think
Reply 4
used to slur.. till i forced myself into public speaking... dont slur as much nowadays..
practice..
Reply 5
Not proper full fledged but i used to have a proper problem with breathing in the wrong places so it sounded like it sometimes, and as a child i couldn't differentiate between vowel sounds (saying not hearing) so i would say thing's like I'm hut!! So I had to have speech therapy cos i got bullied for it and now i sound proper posh :p:
sometimes I do, when I say certain words
Reply 7
i do a tiny bit on some words.
but with me, i tend to say my words so quickly you cant actually make out what im saying and it sounds like one big line of gobbledigoop...lol

i said this morning 'im not illiterate' and it made me sound it! lol
Reply 8
I slur a bit, my tounge just feels too big for my mouth.
Reply 9
I stammer a bit when I'm nervous and doing public speaking. I try and slow down and regulate my breathing more and then it's ok.
don't worry about it. I too find it v difficult to talk properly :frown:

S.C x
I have a stammer and it's much worse on the phone. I'm currently searching for jobs and it's really a pain because I'm limited to what I can apply to :frown:
Reply 12
ConfusedGrad
I have a stammer and it's much worse on the phone. I'm currently searching for jobs and it's really a pain because I'm limited to what I can apply to :frown:

Im in exactly the same position. If only there was a cure lol
street
Or am I the only 1? :frown:

Apparently 1 in every hundred ppl stammer so there must b sum1.

i have a faint stammer, you can only really notice if i have to read in front of a class. My english teacher called me up on day after class and asked me straight out. I said I hadn't a clue i was doing it she said 'Well Thomasina I think you do, I've noticed for a while now.' and my Dad stammers too when he has to read, suppose its all about how concious you are about the whole thing xoxo
street
Im in exactly the same position. If only there was a cure lol

You could try informing the person on the phone u have a stammer and u might feel more relaxed when talking because of this.

Otherwise a few other tips are to relax your body especially your torso area. Over breathing also worsens it. You only need minimimal air to talk and an excess just worsens it.
I stammer sumtimes when out of my senses :rolleyes: like when I m thnking about sumthing else or really bothered n cant get back to focus..

Latest

Trending

Trending