The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Focus08

Original post by Focus08
lol, UCL/Warwick are better than Notts/Brum

My list, my criteria.
Original post by MissMeggi
Yorks in the top ten according to its website if that helps anyone...

And no offence to anyone but i think oxford and cambridge may just be a little overrated, i'm pretty sure they wouldnt be so great if they werent the first two universitys in the country... but thats just opinion :smile:... Oh and i saw Exeter mentioned. Yes its a half decent uni, but if you care about the city you're in and the people you surround yourself with... DO NOT GO THERE :smile: xx

:lolwut:

Care to explain?
Original post by Apollo11
Unis like Imperial are better at subjects like Medicine. So it all depends really...

No it isn't. No University is better at medicine than another.

Original post by kerily
Depends on the course and the student. Universities like Durham and St Andrews are excellent and prestigious, but I'd be miserable as hell there because I really am not a small town sort of person (I live in one now and I need to leave!) so they'd not be an excellent choice for me; equally, ICL is an excellent university but no use for a humanities student, and none of the traditional 'top' universities run courses like nursing, and then there are courses like medicine where every medical degree qualifies you to be a doctor, it just depends how you want the course teaching to you. It really, really depends; there is no objective 'best'.

Good post. Probably will be drowned out by the hordes of IB masturbators who are like vultures to these kinds of threads.
Original post by MissMeggi
Yorks in the top ten according to its website if that helps anyone...

And no offence to anyone but i think oxford and cambridge may just be a little overrated, i'm pretty sure they wouldnt be so great if they werent the first two universitys in the country... but thats just opinion :smile:... Oh and i saw Exeter mentioned. Yes its a half decent uni, but if you care about the city you're in and the people you surround yourself with... DO NOT GO THERE :smile: xx

well done captain obvious.
Reply 1384
when talking about reputation, let's not forget those which are famous for being at the reverse top of the table.
London Met.
London South Bank
West London
Cambridge
Oxford
Imperial
UCL
LSE

There's only really a general top 5 I think, unis such as Warwick, Durham, etc. come in afterwards because they rely on specific subjects for prestige.
Original post by .Theory
Cambridge
Oxford
Imperial
UCL
LSE

There's only really a general top 5 I think, unis such as Warwick, Durham, etc. come in afterwards because they rely on specific subjects for prestige.

Durham is excellent for all the humanities and Warwick is excellent in most of the social sciences and maths. If anyone's reliant on specific subjects it's LSE and Imperial.
Reply 1387
Original post by MC armani

Original post by MC armani
Durham is excellent for all the humanities and Warwick is excellent in most of the social sciences and maths. If anyone's reliant on specific subjects it's LSE and Imperial.

Sheffield Hallam > LSE for Sociology.
op blatantly asked for six so people would put in warwick lol
Original post by prospectivEEconomist
That's a toughie. I'll leave it to the expert 15 year old students on this forum to answer your question.

Good one :rofl:
I think the better question is what are the top 7 unis?
Original post by Mr. Roxas
as the thread title asks, name the top 6 universities in the UK, in order. Thanks :smile:

all you need to know is OXFORD -(Brookes).
Rest of the unis are not worth pursing.
Cambridge
Oxford

Imperial
LSE

UCL
Warwick

Durham
St Andrews
Bristol
Edinburgh

Other Russell group/1994 universities
Original post by Vitamin D
What :frown:

+1 exactly. University life in Scotland is fab. And by saying that i'm not negating the english experience, simply bigging up sweet caladonia.
Original post by gozatron
My list, my criteria.

Your list, you're wrong.
Reply 1395
Why does this have to be brought up at least once a week, ffs.

Use a search function, use google, scroll to page 2 of the forums, but please please stop asking this question over and over and over and over
duh,

Hogwarts
Reply 1397
AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Why? Because they're the universities furthest away from Scotland and lets face it, no one wants to be close to Scotland.

Well the English students/applicants at St Andrews and Edinburgh seem quite content with taking all the places there.
Original post by illusionz

Original post by illusionz
Your list, you're wrong.

Rofl, no need to cry about it.
3 couples of same caliber :

1) Oxford / Cambridge
2) Imperial / LSE

(GAP)

3) Warwick/ UCL
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending