The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Izzen
Just wondering if anybody has any comments regarding the University of Auckland and / or the location in general. I am considering applying to spend a semester there. All comments much appreciated.

MY HOME TOWN!!!

I love the city, so so so much.

But enough of me getting soppy..

Its an ok uni, Otago or dunedin would probably be better uni and course wise, but since its only a semister, Auckland would be cool.

Just make sure you get all you can out of the city and its area.
Reply 2
Kiwiguy
MY HOME TOWN!!!

I love the city, so so so much.

But enough of me getting soppy..

Its an ok uni, Otago or dunedin would probably be better uni and course wise, but since its only a semister, Auckland would be cool.

Just make sure you get all you can out of the city and its area.

Hey, thanks for the reply. If you don't mind, could you please explain why you love the city so much? What is there to do, etc?
Reply 3
If you're an international student then you'd probably get more out of studying at Otago. Dunedin is a much more compact city (not as much traffic, rent isn't as sucky), very studenty, and there's a lot to see and do in the south island while you're studying.

Auckland is OK, I lived there for 2 years. I can't really comment much on the university as it completely depends on what you're studying. As a city I find it kind of bland, although there are great beaches up north if that's your thing. Personally I went to Otago and had a great time. The university has some flats available for international students, so I lived in one of those for a couple of years (as a Kiwi "host" student). I met heaps of people, it was great :smile: I'm actually from Wellington myself, so I'm not biased because I grew up in Dunedin or anything, I genuinely had a good time studying there.
Reply 4
It depends on what you like. Dunedin is more of a party town, but still has a good university. If you like that, that's where you should go. Want evidence, look here http://video.aol.com/video-detail/hyde-street-keg-party-2004/118792520

I'm going to University of Auckland this February to study engineering. For me, Auckland seems better, and I love beaches.

Latest

Trending

Trending