The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Honest opinion: you look perfectly fine to me.
no your not overweight, you look good
Adonis
yes because reverting back to her size 8 non meds self is skeletal

fools

She's not fat, she looks ok. If she wanna lose her weight - that's fine by me!
But she had severe depression for god's sake! She doesn't like herself and if she will go on a diet it might not end up well.
No not, at the stage of being the token fat bird on a night out, you are not unusual for many British girls,little bit of puppy fat,plenty of men would still shag you though. . You don't have thunder thighs ,which is a plus.I wouldn't stress about it unless you wanted to join the army or do an outward bound exercise.
Reply 24
ergh people are annoying me.

OP let's summarize.

using 'overweight' wasn't the greatest word to use

Whilst you are not overweight, compared to the UK average [the UK average isn't exactly known to be slimline]

HOWEVER you are overweight, compared to your previous self.

Yes, you are healthy, blah blah, and whilst will say you are fine, I know that's not gonna do you any favours as others might think.

In other words, if the others were to suddenly add on 20lbs, would they feel as confident in themselves?

Self-confidence isn't all about how you feel about yourself.
Reply 25
FallenPetal
Average UK size if 16... so no :smile:

..And we're overweight as a country. Doesn't mean size 16 should be benchmark for being 'ok'
Reply 26
You look fine - not fat, but you could use a little bit of toning, especially around the middle. Join a gym to combat the effect of the meds?

I know it can be really difficult to struggle with depression, but not all anti-depressants have the same side effects. Some won't cause you to gain weight. 2-3 pants sizes is a lot. I can gain or lose 15 lbs without having to buy new clothing. Do you find that the weight gain is leveling off? If not, I'd actually ask my GP/psychologist to switch my meds. Amplifying one major issue to combat another does not sound like a successful treatment to me.
i did the same thing as you, not on medication, but i had depression issues about my weight and when i came out of it i went from a size 8 to a 12. To start with i hated it, but tbh whatever size you are its possible to feel you could be skinnier, i was beating myself up about it when i was an 8! You look really good now, you've got a curvy figure, so you don't need to lose any weight if you don't feel like it. If you think you'd be happier a bit skinnier, go for it, but don't make your happiness dependent on your weight or waistline - it just doesn't work
Reply 28
Butterflyleg
She's not fat, she looks ok. If she wanna lose her weight - that's fine by me!
But she had severe depression for god's sake! She doesn't like herself and if she will go on a diet it might not end up well.

Please find me a place where I said, she was 'fat' ?

if going back to how she used to be makes her happy and she takes healthy measures to get there - why not?
You seem pretty good to me, all i can say is toning also because it keeps you fit, healthy and happy :smile:
Meagz
Yes.

You're really mean.

OP don't listen to him, he's just being silly :p:

You look fine, in fact you look as if you have a lovely, curvy/naturally voluptuous SLIM figure.

If you want to appear slimmer, I wouldn't lose weight, but rather tone up and you can just do this using weights and stuff, situps etc. But you look great as you are :smile:

HTH x
Reply 31
Not really, but I think you will look better if you lose weight a bit.
OP, if you do decide to join a gym, ask your GP about it. You can get free gym membership on the NHS cos it helps with depression.
Reply 33
I think that you look great, you've got a nice figure and are certainly not overweight. Sure, some people might prefer if you lost a few pounds but it's really quite a small issue. You already look good and it's way better to stay on your medication and generally feel better. Over time, if you want to, you'd easily be able to slim down very slightly but it's not really a big deal at all because you already look fantastic.
Fit!!
Adonis
Please find me a place where I said, she was 'fat' ?

if going back to how she used to be makes her happy and she takes healthy measures to get there - why not?

Why not? Well, let's see... she's not comfortable with her body shape, she had severe depression, she thinks she's overweight - probably size 8 won't be enough for her.

Adonis
HOWEVER you are overweight, compared to your previous self.

Well, here you go.
Reply 36
To add:

Exercises releases endorphins which help with depression x
Reply 37
Butterflyleg
Why not? Well, let's see... she's not comfortable with her body shape, she had severe depression, she thinks she's overweight - probably size 8 won't be enough for her.

Well, here you go.

In what context did I say that? Idiot.

Again - how would you feel if you just randomly added 20 odd lbs?

She has experienced what it's like to be that way, and I'm assuming she liked that way better?
You look fine. You're not overweight. You're just apple shaped.
Adonis
In what context did I say that? Idiot.

Again - how would you feel if you just randomly added 20 odd lbs?

She has experienced what it's like to be that way, and I'm assuming she liked that way better?

Haha, I am an idiot? you're so childish, grow up man :rolleyes:

Again - how would you feel after severe depression with 'randomly added 20 odd lbs?'

It's not bad to lose weight but it's not a good solution for her right now. If a few pounds less would make her happy then I guess it's not good, right?
She might want to have size 6 as well or end up with 0 size.
And it is possible indeed because even now she thinks that she's overweight - look at the the title of the thread.

Latest