The Student Room Group

Im 20, female and still a virgin because...

i am waiting for the right person.

I have had 2 bfs in the past, one extremely confident (too agrressive at times) and the other extremely shy. The first bf was when i was quite young, and always tried to pressure me into having sex, the 2nd bf .... well we were close to having sex, but im glad we never and we're friends now.

Im not in a relationship now, but i have had chances to have sex with other guys. Since i am a virgin, i want my first time to be quite special and with someone that i find special. Im 20, so i do get urges sometimes to lose it with anyone, but thats what iv been trying to avoid. So i dont know what to do...or how long it will be until i find the right person, whom id want a long relationship with.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how can you expect someone on here to tell you exactly how long itll be til u find someone rofl. i guess you'll just have to wait until u find someone u really wna do it with and are in a long term relationship...basically what u already said lol.
I lost mine with someone special and im glad I did (Still with him now). Just don't rush it and your time will come :wink:
Reply 3
6 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 21 hours, 4 minutes, set your clock.
Reply 4
What exactly is the point of this thread? Just curious.
I'm afraid you'll have to work this one out for yourself sweetheart :smile:

But it's good to write this kind of stuff down even if we can't really help you with it, because externalising things helps you to look at them from an enlightened perspective.
Reply 6
Anonymous

Not sure if there was a question in this thread? Anyway I can sympathise. :smile: (well, apart from the fact that I'm not female, and not quite 20 either, but you get the idea! :yep:)
RightsaidJames has got it spot on. Obviously none of us can give you any sort of advice or answer to your ponderings, but it's always good to air your frustrations, it's pretty cathartic really. All we can do is share our experiences with you and hopefully that'll give you some insight/hope for the future.

I was just like you when I was 20. Had plenty of offers from guy mates/men in clubs etc but always wanted more than just a shag. So I did what you're doing. I waited. And waited. And waited lol. But then, I met someone who changed my world in the space of a week. We've been together for 4 months now and I'm so glad I waited for him.

As long as you're doing what you feel is right for you, then you'll be just fine.
I think I am your love
Jeez why is sex so sacred to girls? its just ******* sex who gives a **** if its special or not. Either way its just a penis going into a vagina end of.
Keep dpoing what your doing one of the many things that I love about my girl is that she hasnt shagged around
Tbh, I agree with others - sex is just sex really. Once you do it you don't inherently change, and it's no guarantee that the 'special' person feels the same way, or won't leave you. I respect that it's your decision and all, but don't make too big of a thing out of it - there are far more important commitments in life.
You're in for a lot of disappointment. Sex isn't that special.
ticktockclock
Jeez why is sex so sacred to girls? its just ******* sex who gives a **** if its special or not. Either way its just a penis going into a vagina end of.

am female and i totally agree, sex is sex!
if your scared of getting pregnant pop a pill or sheath up
Reply 14
Look at the bright side: You have no STDs and herpes (hopefully) , and you don't have to worry about getting pregnant. Being a virgin has perks too.
Anonymous

I have had 2 bfs in the past, one extremely confident (too agrressive at times) and the other extremely shy. The first bf was when i was quite young, and always tried to pressure me into having sex, the 2nd bf .... well we were close to having sex, but im glad we never and we're friends now.

Im not in a relationship now, but i have had chances to have sex with other guys. Since i am a virgin, i want my first time to be quite special and with someone that i find special. Im 20, so i do get urges sometimes to lose it with anyone, but thats what iv been trying to avoid. So i dont know what to do...or how long it will be until i find the right person, whom id want a long relationship with.

Similar situation here- 21 years old, male and a virgin.
Actually correction- I am a supervirgin: never kissed, never dated, no gf ever.
And despite my desparateness and overdueness for a shag, at this point I feel that I don't want to have the first time with just any girl. After that, I'd happily sleep around but there is something mystically sacred about the first time.
I waited for someone I cared about, he still ****** me over.
So I went around having lots and lots of fun, experienced different things.
Then I met 'the one' and felt like that was my virginity all over again (especially as I bled after, which was strange, as I didn't even bleed when I lost it), because its different, it means something, its not just sex. And i'm so glad I didn't wait as i've been able to improve everything so much, without it our sex life would have been awful. The only downside is you miss the lifestyle you had before even though what you have now is so much better.
Reply 17
Well it dosent really matter cos women can get laid whenever they want. So if you ever get tierd of waiting for "Mr Right", there are plenty of other fish in the see.
I wouldnt bother waiting for someone special tbh. It seems a bit pointless.
Reply 19
Siobherz
how can you expect someone on here to tell you exactly how long itll be til u find someone rofl. i guess you'll just have to wait until u find someone u really wna do it with and are in a long term relationship...basically what u already said lol.

ahh sorry,.. i was also meant to ask for your experiences and how you knew it was the right time,... but couldnt couldnt find this thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending