The Student Room Group

First Date

I met a really amazing girl last school year and we started talking a lot and she asked me if I wanted to go to a movie and I said yes and I thought it was supposed to be a date and during it I tried to hold her hand, but afterwards she said she's not ready for a relationship yet (just broke up with someone else) and we were just hanging out as friends and it wasn't supposed to be a date. We've been good friends but haven't talked as frequently since. The last month or two I've started to really like her again and I want to ask her out on a date. I just want to go on a walk with her and talk or something, but I want her to know it's more than just hanging out as friends since we're I guess in the friend zone. Should I ask her "Will you go on a date with me?" or is that too forward for this situation? If I just ask if she wants to hang out with me she'll probably not realize it's supposed to be a date or mean anything more. Also, I'm REALLY shy and it's so hard for me to say anything to her, I've wanted to for weeks. I think I might now be getting the confidence to do it, I hope. I'm just not quite sure what to say, I haven't done much dating before.

We're both seniors in high school.
Reply 1
You are forbidden to say the question:
Wil you go on a date with me

FORBIDDEN

That's a REALLY bad idea.

Oh and if you are friend zoned, asking her out won't change it, get yourself out of the friendzone first.
Reply 2
Any suggestions on how to do this? I only see her in person every now and then when there is some event that we're both at (we have different school schedules), so I can't just spend a lot of time around her at school... I'm really bad at expressing emotions, I feel like nobody really understands me. :confused:
Reply 3
I think you should just ask her to go out for a coffee with you or something. See how it goes. Just chat away with her and see how she reacts. If you enjoy the time you spend with her, ask her if she wants to do something else (but leave it around a week, so it doesn't look desperate). If she refuses, it's obvious she doesn't see you in that way. If she accepts, just see how it goes. If she flirts with you/shows signs of liking her then it's great :smile: but do prepare for if it goes downhill and nothing comes of it. Good luck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending