The Student Room Group

Meet up Vs first date

Hey guys, so me and this guy met up yesterday, I like to tend to meet up with someone before going on an official first date to sense their vibe/if we get along.

I think it went quite well, but what are the signs I should be looking for if we both felt the same? And what would you expect a successful first meet up be?

Is us getting along,laughing, a bit of touching and general good vibes a good sign? Or is there meant to be alot of flirting/touching?

He messaged me after the date saying it was lovely seeing you and mentioned something funny that happened.

Other than that he hasn't texted me?

What do I do?
Reply 1
So why is a first meet-up not a date? You're getting to know someone to see if it's worth continuing things with them.

It's different for everyone, so whatever you are both comfortable with. Flirting isn't always sincere and what you are describing could be someone's natural, friendly reaction to anyone, including a friend. If you enjoyed his company, go out again.
Reply 2
Trust your instincts. Sounds quite positive to me. If you fancy him message suggesting a date
Reply 3
I think the fact he messaged you after the date is a good sign. Did you reply to his message at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending