The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Desktop computer (Not a laptop like everyone else soo predictable)
Clothes
Ipod
DVD's
Camera
Pens, pencils, calculator bla bla bla
Clothes
Books
PC
Laptop
Monitor
Speakers
iPod
etc, the normal stuff.
Reply 22
Trying to decide between laptop or desktop...laptop sucks and is slow but far more portable than a desktop.
Ipod, Whiskey, Guiness...a pen or two maybe.
My own duvet and cover, sheet, pillows, cases etc. Towels, dressing gown, clothes, pyjamas, clock radio, fleece blankets, cushions, crockery, cutlery etc, some food and snacks, odd stuff like a sewing kit, superglue, sentimental stuff, like 100s of photos, picture frames, keepsakes from friends like little hearts i have hung up and little teddies and stuff. good luck cards and notes, toiletries and make up, paper, stationary(although i didn't really get this til i got here) personally for me it was important to bring my multicoloured bunting flags to make me feel at home as well as my multicoloured russian dolls. ermmm ipod speakers, a plant could be nice but i didnt bring one, mattress protector, a lamp, hair dryer, straighteners etc, brought a few books although i don't have time to read anything but my text books and research stuff, a journal, some of my favourite mugs, a pink feather boa, a few fancy dress items, tupperwear, hot water bottle, paper plates, some bags, pins for notice board, an iron, hangers, perhaps some fairy lights, permanent markers, sticky labels, post it notes, rubber gloves, washing up liquid, pictures and drawings....list goes on really- oh laptop and ipod and phone, purse, drivers licence and other important documents.

can't you tell i'm avoiding an essay!
Laptop, Guitar/ Bass/ Amp, DS and games, books, iPod, toastie grill :p:... :dontknow:
Reply 25
This thread kinda reminded me that I don't know whether to take my cello or not. I'm only going down the road so it's a problem getting it there but I don't just want it to sit around, taking up space, gathering dust.. :holmes:
Reply 26
PS3 and a laptop is all i need.
laptop
clothes + accessories + shoes
mobile
ipod
camera
books
photoalbum
my journal
Reply 28
Febreeze
Pink Bullets
Why would it being university mean you're allowed to bring whatever you want?

Well, why not? I mean they can say no weapons and smoking on our premises but that's it i'd guess.

EoghanM
whats a signet ring

Signet rings, in recent times generally bearing a coat of arms, are made by intaglio engraving, either in gold or engraved gems (generally semiprecious). Agate is a frequent material, especially carnelian or banded agate like sardonyx; the banding make the impression contrast with the ground. Most classical engraved gems were originally worn as signet rings.

The wearing of signet rings (from Latin "signum" meaning sign) goes back to ancient Greece; the distinctive personal signature was not developed in antiquity and most documents needed a seal. The tradition continues, especially among the armigerous, in European and some other cultures. In Latin America, it is also traditional for the descendants of the old criollo aristocratic families to wear signet rings in the Spanish tradition.

Because it is used to attest the authority of its bearer, the ring has also been seen as a symbol of his power, which is one explanation for its inclusion in the regalia of certain monarchies. After the death of a Pope, the destruction of his signet ring is a prescribed act clearing the way for the sedevacancy and subsequent election of a new Pope.

The wearing of a signet ring is declining as the European aristocracy diminishes, however noble families have upheld long standing traditions of wearing signet rings for centuries.

~Source: Wikipedia
Reply 30
My penis.
dmae
My penis.

You might wanna take some clothes aswell.
EVERYTHING I own, all my clothes, books, cooking stuff, toileteries, hairdryer starightners, appliances e.g toaster, iron, and also my mattress and duvet and pillow
Reply 33
MrJoeyUK

A mini fridge isn't a bad idea.. may have to buy one of those before I go to uni. :smile:

Most halls at university don't allow them. Not fire safe or something. You could always of course just risk it though...
Rediculous amounts of stationary, jager, energy drinks, lots and lots of lucozade, more booze, guitar and mini amp, violin if I get one by then, posters and postcards for decoration, my window decs, laptop, plenty of books and maybe a mini fridge. Oh, and condoms
only take things you really need, a cluttered room is sooo annoying and hard to tidy.

the most essential thing would be bank info, passport, important documents etc.

obv lots of clothes/underwear is good so you dont have to do washing all the time.
lots of mugs too, is great if you're like me and leave them hanging around rather than washing up straight away.

wouldn't bring toooo many photos from home, looks a bit desperate and potential friends will think you're still yearning for home and not in the uni zone lol.

i brought:
kitchen stuff
clothes
bathroom stuff
desktop and macbook.
straightners hair dryer.
a weekend bag/suitcase for when you go home/visit friends at other unis
a sleeping bag or spare duvet for friends visiting
a laundry bag/basket
extra blanket/fleece.
alarm clock
pen pots
a radio for the kitchen

all you people saying mini fridges and fairy lights, they're usually not allowed.
Lots of alcohol. Stuff for my walls. PC, netbook, Macbook. More alcohol. Lots of food. More posters and bits and bobs. A ton of crystals. Dreamcatcher. Hooks. :h:
Rule Britannia!
Well, why not? I mean they can say no weapons and smoking on our premises but that's it i'd guess.

They can ban whatever they want to ban. It's their property. Most halls don't allow mini-fridges in rooms unless you have a medical reason for it.
Reply 38
Laptop
iPhone
Bmx

Simples
Flame Alchemist09
Desktop computer (Not a laptop like everyone else soo predictable)
Clothes
Ipod
DVD's
Camera
Pens, pencils, calculator bla bla bla

Latest

Trending

Trending