The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Quote by thecdon
something about the dude being black.

Yes what has being black got to do with anything?? Why do people assume that he would be black? Sorry to burst your bubble but most of the rapist guys on the news are WHITE! I'm not saying white people are rapist, I'm saying that anyone could be a rapist whatever their skin colour.
Reply 21
c0nfus3d
Walk in public places! Keep an eye out! Pretend your having a convo on the phone with someone, your Dad or something- say "oh your gunna pick me up?" to your "Dad" quite loudly, should ward him off. Stay safe and take care! Report to the police if it gets bad, or walk with someone you know! Stay safe and take care!

I was down tottenham court road a 5 o clock on a week day! How much more public can you get?? People were looking at us but no one did anything
Reply 22
flying twig
I didn't want to add that bit to his description because then instead of advice all I would get it loads of people saying 'what has his being black got to do with anything???'

you could have just said "he smelt of KFC and white womans pussy" and everyone would have known he was black.
Reply 23
flying twig
I was down tottenham court road a 5 o clock on a week day! How much more public can you get?? People were looking at us but no one did anything

Do the phone thing then!
Good luck!
Just tell him you're a man.

He'll get the picture, and possibly run in the opposite direction.
Reply 25
littleshambles
What the ****? Harassing someone in the street is ******* rude. I don't see in what sense anyone owes politeness to someone self-evidently nuts who has put you in an awkward and quite scary situation. Oh she gave a probable rapist a fake phone number because she thought that would induce him to leave her alone? How rude.

You don't act in a polite way because you "owe" it to someone... either you are polite or you are not. And taking about a "probable rapist"... come on. I find the OP's experience unpleasant as I wrote above and I would hope that this doesn't happen at all. Unfortunately, this is quite common.

Besides, having given him any phone number wouldn't make him to leave her alone when he had a (slight) mental problem. It's exactly the opposite. He'd be motivated to go on... and when he finds out it's a wrong one, he'd probably be angry at her. Not good.

In conclusion, it's rude and not the optimal way to handle this kind of situation. However, the OP made that clear in her post already.

c0nfus3d
Do not agree with this! :eek3:

So you really think there's enough ground to send this guy to prison? Or deport him? For talking to a 18-year-old girl for probably not more than three minutes without threatening her directly or indirectly? Sigh...
Reply 26
luvursoul
Yes what has being black got to do with anything?? Why do people assume that he would be black? Sorry to burst your bubble but most of the rapist guys on the news are WHITE! I'm not saying white people are rapist, I'm saying that anyone could be a rapist whatever their skin colour.

Nothing, it would just have added to the description in the same way that i used 'big'

I don't know whether he was a rapist. He probably wasn't, he's probably just a bit creepy and thinks that's the way you get girls

I did ring the police in the end and they were helpful. I just gave some details and they gave a crime number and said to ring and quote it if I see him again and to ring 999 if he found a way to contact me or was near my flat or tried to talk to me and wouldn't leave me alone again. I'm glad I did because at least now it's easier if anything more did actually happen and if it doesn't then he's not going to get in trouble and they don't even know who he is. I feel a bit better now
Reply 27
flying twig
Nothing, it would just have added to the description in the same way that i used 'big'

I don't know whether he was a rapist. He probably wasn't, he's probably just a bit creepy and thinks that's the way you get girls

I did ring the police in the end and they were helpful. I just gave some details and they gave a crime number and said to ring and quote it if I see him again and to ring 999 if he found a way to contact me or was near my flat or tried to talk to me and wouldn't leave me alone again. I'm glad I did because at least now it's easier if anything more did actually happen and if it doesn't then he's not going to get in trouble and they don't even know who he is. I feel a bit better now

yea sorry i got the wrong person's quote, i changed the post. It was thercdon or something.
Reply 28
grt
You don't act in a polite way because you "owe" it to someone... either you are polite or you are not. And taking about a "probable rapist"... come on. I find the OP's experience unpleasant as I wrote above and I would hope that this doesn't happen at all. Unfortunately, this is quite common.

Besides, having given him any phone number wouldn't make him to leave her alone when he had a (slight) mental problem. It's exactly the opposite. He'd be motivated to go on... and when he finds out it's a wrong one, he'd probably be angry at her. Not good.

In conclusion, it's rude and not the optimal way to handle this kind of situation. However, the OP made that clear in her post already.

So you really think there's enough ground to send this guy to prison? Or deport him? For talking to a 18-year-old girl for probably not more than three minutes without threatening her directly or indirectly? Sigh...

I know it wasn't the best thing to do but it seemed to work until he followed me! But the weird thing is if after I'd given him 'my' phone number he had left me alone I probably wouldn't have been that panicked. It was the fact that he KEPT ON following me! What would have happened if I had had far to walk home or I had had to walk down some quiet street or alley??? If he was interested in me, once he had my phone number that should have been enough

Anyways, in hindsight I should have been more assertive but I'm not very assertive or brave and I was scared and a bit panicked and I was just trying to do whatever I could to get him to leave me alone.

See my other post for what the police said. They obviously can't do anything, there must be thousands and thousands of men in London who fit the description and it's not like I know his name. I wouldn't want him to get in any trouble anyways I just don't want this to go any further
Reply 29
grt

Not exactly prison, but I'm sure you would agree with people having the right to walk down the street peacefully without fear. It's clear that this girl is really scared and if the guy really liked her and had sense, I'm sure he wouldn't just stalk her and follow her around like a poodle, whilst clearly showing "stalking behaviour"!
Reply 30
grt give the girl a break! She did what she did, and I think it was the right thing to do. The police won't chuck him in prison without giving him a warning.
Reply 31
Sorry about that. I'll change my ways.
Reply 32
Ham22
well you are. those comments you made were moronic.

I'd appreciate if you elaborated on this. I'm far from being an expert on British law, so please enlighten me (I doubt you meant my comforting comment being "moronic").
flying twig
I just got home from the shop. I walked down the road and I was in Marks and Spencers when this big man was all like 'oh beautiful' and then saying 'you're so pretty, you really caught my eye' and stuff and asking me where I worked. So I just said thanks and walked away and left the shop quickly, it's not the first time so I thought that that would be it he would leave me alone because I was clearly not that interested.

BUT THEN I was a bit further up the street when I turned round and saw that he was following me and then he caught up with me and carried on with the 'you're so pretty', 'you have everything', 'you have such a nice figure' etc. etc. so I was just like oh that's kind and trying to walk away and he was saying 'why are you walking so fast, are you in a rush' so I was like 'yeah' and then he was like 'I really like you, I really like you' and 'I like you as a friend because you're so pretty' so I was like 'thanks but I've got a boyfriend', then he asked me my name so I gave him a fake name and then he kept saying how much he liked me and just kept following me and asking what he should do now because he liked me so much. Then he asked for my number so I just gave him a fake number in the hope that he would leave me alone. So then he hung back and I walked ahead and I thought I'd gotten rid of him!

BUT THEN I went into the sainsburys near where I live and about 2 minutes later he walks in! He obviously thought I hadn't seen him and tried to go and hide at the back of the shop so I left the que to find him and I was like 'what are you doing here' and he couldn't really think of an answer he was just kind of like 'erm just buying something' and then he pointed at the sprinkles! THE SPRINKLES! So I think that was a lie. So then I went back to the que and he followed so I asked him 'are you following me?' and he said 'no, no I haven't got time for that, I just er have another job around here' and kind of waved in the other direction. Pretty sure that was a lie too. So then he went back to lurking at the back of the shop. I paid really quickly and ran home which is just around the corner. I don't know whether he followed me all the way home, I don't think so and I really hope not

It really scared me. I didn't know what he was going to do! What about if he is hanging around outside or if he just generally lurks around the area and I see him again?? What about if he is angry about the fake phone number?? I don't know what to do now. Should I ring the police? Or tell someone at the university since he is hanging around in the area where our accomodation is? It's kind of creepy that a man who looks about 30 would follow an 18 year old girl back to her flat like that!! But then on the other hand I do feel as though it's kind of my fault and it's not like he attacked me. I should just have told him to **** off from the beginning but I would never be brave enough to do that, and I should probably have said no when he kept asking for a phone number because that could have encouraged him but I was scared and I just wanted him to leave me alone!! :frown: :frown: :frown:

I really feel for you! I got cyber stalked by some guy who kept threatening to come find me...obviously not as scary as physically being followed. I dont know about ringing the police...obviously that seems sensible but all they will say is until something serious has happened...(to put it crudely if he rapes you etc) then they cant do anything about it. I really wish i could help you more, scum like him shouldnt exist but all i can say is try at all costs not to go anywhere alone..stay near your accomodation and deffo stick with people you know, if you need food shopping go as a group/with another friend so you will have someone else to fight him off/call for help. Stay safe :smile: X
Reply 34
You should have raped him, raped him good with a strap on. That would sort him.
Reply 35
Leave him a trail of custard creams next time, ignoring him is just rude! :biggrin:
Reply 36
I lol'd..

Surely, the intelligent thing to do would be to not give out any phone number at all rather than a fake one. Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile. Boyfriend or not you do that and he thinks he has a chance.

Not that it matters, since you're obviously a troll. SPRINKLES? Good lord.
Reply 37
Rananagirl
I lol'd..

Surely, the intelligent thing to do would be to not give out any phone number at all rather than a fake one. Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile. Boyfriend or not you do that and he thinks he has a chance.

Not that it matters, since you're obviously a troll. SPRINKLES? Good lord.

I'm not a troll for ***** sake. What is wrong with people on here?? If I was going to troll why on earth would I make this story up?? It's not even funny except for the sprinkles bit which I emphasised so people would enjoy reading it more.

And I've said giving a number was not the right thing to do but I was scared. What about if he'd gotten angry if I refused?? I just wanted to go home and have him leave me alone but he kept following me which makes me think that he wanted to do something more than just get my phone number so that he 'he could take me out and treat me like a lady'
Something similar happened to me a while back, but he was much nicer, if a bit creepy.

Why would you think it's your fault though? He's the pervert for following you around, not you.
Wtf is wrong with this country if you can't even walk in a public street without being harassed.

Latest

Trending

Trending