The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My vote would be the Econ. it has least relevance and although a better a-level than Comp. Sci see my reason stated above.
Reply 41
As an Oxford maths student I'd say the MOST important subject apart from maths for maths and comp sci is further maths. Most successful applicants have further maths and those that don't usually don't because it wasn't on offer at their school.

You will probably find that if you don't do further maths at all and you get in you will get extra lectures in the first year to "catch up" on the further maths modules. I have just finished my first term at oxford and I would have found it extremely difficult without further maths (and a maths and comp sci student would have followed 4 of the 5 lecture courses that I did).

Seriously I would suggest you do as many maths modules as possible. Even if you can't timetable it in to do a full a-level, the more modules you've covered the better.
Reply 42
http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/single-a-level/index.shtml

This gives some info about the extra course to be taken by non-further maths students in the first term of their first year. This is an additional 20% on top of normal lectures.

Latest

Trending

Trending