The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lie lie lie. Although generally only really about trivial things I can't be bothered to deal with at the time. My mum knows about certain things i.e. I told her I sometimes take recreational drugs but she doesn't know which ones... my dad on the other hand I don't plan on telling :p:
I am open - I have nothing to hide. Yet? :wink2:
Now I'm at uni I haven't really found any need to, but while I was at home I did occasionally. Otherwise my life would have followed the pattern of:
Jelephant- Is it OK if I stay at Sue's house tonight?
Mother- Will there be boys there?
Jelephant- :s-smilie: Yes, everyone will be there
Mother- No
Jelephant- lolwut?
Mother- No
Jelephant- Why?
Mother- No
Jelephant- Please?
Mother- No [thought process] because as soon as the sun goes down suddenly you'll all feel the need to have some massive, unprotected orgy, resulting in you getting AIDS and being pregnant and DYING, because it obviously couldn't happen during the day time. Light destroys sexy time. Light is good. Why don't you meet them for a spot of afternoon tea tomorrow instead? [/thought process]
Lie my tits off.
Reply 44
Neither. I just don't tell them anything.
Well put it this way, I am open with them in that if they ask me something I will ALWAYS tell them the truth, but there are obviously some things that are difficult to discuss so I wouldn't be the one initiating the conversation.

My dad is like my best mate, I can tell him anything and he won't get mad :smile:.
I don't lie, but I don't always tell them the entire truth :smile: Need to know basis.
Reply 47
my parents don't care about what i do, it has no effect on them, and i never really tell them anything, because there's no point. I don't get why people think that their parents have the right to tell them what to do. Always do what ever you want, regardless.
Reply 48
I don't have much to lie about but I tell my parents the truth, mainly because I'm a really bad liar and it shows on my face when I'm lying. I can't say I don't omit elements of truth sometimes though :wink:

If I had really strict parents maybe I'd feel differently.
Reply 49
My parents are cool with most things: I rarely feel the need to lie but then again they don't ask many direct questions. They've treated me like an adult capable of making my own decisions since I was about 16. They don't ask me about sex, but then again I've brought a guy home (and they left us alone in the house with a bottle of wine) so I think they have it figured out. They only get insistent/bossy/pushy when it comes to academic things.
Reply 50
Anonymous
Basically she's religious i.e. no alcohol/boyfriends etc. All that went out the window at uni. Everytime there's a kissing scene on TV she gets all disgusted and flips the channel and she doesn't believe in any form of physical contact before marriage. That's why it's hard. I feel sorry for her though and sometimes guilty but I can't be oppressed forever either.

Bitch slap her to reality please.
Reply 51
Need to know basis. I wouldn't directly lie to their faces but I also don't feel the need to share every detail of my life with them. I guess as I live in a different country to them that that is pretty easy.
I have to tell fabricated stories to my Mum (my Dad lives elswhere) simply because of her general views and opinions on the things that I used to do.

I guess that in the beginning I wanted to start going out and doing things deemed more appropriate for older people when I was young compared to my age now. From 15 I would spend time drinking with my mates and generally getting completely trashed.

I thought it was acceptable, fine, though as at the end of the day it wasn't really hurting anyone; I used to work on the principle of "what someone doesn't know doesn't hurt them".

Just less than a couple of years ago now I started smoking cannabis, obviously something which wouldn't go down well with her.; she is one of the most anti-drugs people I know, a fact I didn't realise until I nearly came unstuck with all of my stories whilst snooping through my room (sense the mistrust already) she found a quart of the herb in a drawer.

In a self-preserving measure, recently i've stopped smoking cannabis as this was something upsetting my girlfriend too. I don't particularly want to stop, as it's something I enjoyed, never had a bad experience from, didn't cause me any monetary/social problems in general, but I don't want to have to lie to anyone about it any longer and those that i'm lying to mean more to me than my interest in the effects of the drug.

It was hard work ensuring I never got caught, and since skirting around my secret activities appeared to define me as a different character than who I am.

I lie because I have to now, not because I want to. Sucks, to be fair.
I tell my mum too much sometimes, but tell my dad practically nothing.
Reply 54
I don't lie to them, but that's because I never talk to them.

Latest

Trending

Trending