The Student Room Group

How many calories have YOU had today?!

We did this excercise at uni, when everyone added up how many calories they'd eaten and were expected to eat tonight- and it was so surprising how many people went over what their reccomended daily intake was!

So, using this website: http://www.caloriecounting.co.uk/resources/intro.htm

I've worked out around how many calories i've had today and luckily i've been measuring out what im eating too- so it's a bit more accurate! (will be having a meal later and have added this on) as i'm on a diet, i've had 1640kcl today

So whats your number for today?
Do you feel full, satisfied? Do you feel you've eaten right?
How aware are you during the day of your 5 a day, or a balanced diet?
As a student how easy do you consider it to eat healthily, and on a budget?

Scroll to see replies

Approx 950 according to that! I haven't had dinner yet, and I certainly don't feel full right now as the last time I ate was lunchtime. That includes a bit of fruit and veg so far, but mainly bread/snacks so I've not done very well.
Reply 2
By the end of the day, I will have had 1,300 calories. That amount always fills me up - I'd say I eat a fairly balanced, healthy diet, but I certainly don't manage my five a day - one at most.

Today's menu consists of:

- a bowl of chocolate cornflakes with semi-skimmed milk
- a tuna, mayo and sweetcorn bagel
- a portion of coley, five dry roast potatoes, and a tin of sweetcorn and peppers, with hollandaise sauce
How on Earth would I know? I'm not neurotic enough to calculate them. I can't imagine those websites are very useful, either. What if you eat something that's not on a short list of microwave meals? :s-smilie:
1,050 by the end of the day.

So far I have had a bowl of wheatabix with sliced banana, 1 slice of wholemeal bread (toasted) with beans, mixed fruit salad (x2)
a bananna, coffee... and a kool-aid jammers juice...
around 2am in the morning i hate cookies and milk :frown:
Reply 6
500 kcal :ashamed:
I don't need the calorie counter. I've only had a couple of slices of toast, a bag of crisps and a chocolate brownie (:coma:). So...approximately 5,000. (Damn that brownie!)
Reply 8
Subcutaneous

So whats your number for today?
Do you feel full, satisfied? Do you feel you've eaten right?
How aware are you during the day of your 5 a day, or a balanced diet?
As a student how easy do you consider it to eat healthily, and on a budget?

1700 (not thus far, total)
No, Yes (for my purpose)
Very Aware, but very "I don't actually care"
The two don't go hand in hand unless you eat **** all/and or don't use many seasonings, etc ... or live off reduced prices
Reply 9
Miss_Scarlett
1,050 by the end of the day.

So far I have had a bowl of wheatabix with sliced banana, 1 slice of wholemeal bread (toasted) with beans, mixed fruit salad (x2)

christ not hungry?

Breakfast I had: 30g bowl of special k, skimmed milk, with a banana and muller light yogurt and a glass of orange juice

Lunch: Ready meal of a WW beef hot pot, diet coke and a handful of strawberries

Dinner: 100g of uncooked chidken (will be cooked), 30g of uncooked rice with vegetables, a large glass of white wine and a skinny cow icecream!
Reply 10
I neither know nor care. I eat what I want when I want, and as a result, I don't go hungry. That's all that matters to me.
Reply 12
had about 1300 so far, probably be at around 2000-2200 by the end of the day. I feel pretty satisfied at the moment, slightly peckish. I do think about my 5-a-day, make sure i eat fruit and veg, but i don't count to make sure i've got the 5+ but i probably do most days. I find as a student i tend to just get crisps at lunch, for 40p and some cheap fruit and a chocoate bar rather than a pot of salad/pasta/a healthy dinner from the canteen at £2.40. I can't afford that amount each day. I suppose if I really wanted I could bring in cheap food from the supermarket. also when cooking for myself, it's very tempting to have 9p supernoodles instead of a proper dinner
To those who have low calorie intakes for today- do you find you struggle with your weight, or hunger- and are prone to binging? is it the RIGHT foods you're eating?
Reply 14
Going by the link I have had 1065 calories, but it may be slightly more as my evening meal ( home made chicken curry ) wasnt actually on the list of main meals.To be honest it doesnt seem a lot when a woman is allowed 2 thousand Kcal a day......but there is still time to increase that amount, lol. Anyway my total is a bit more than I have been having lately anyway.I feel full, but still have space for me to eat something else preferably something sweet. I dont normally calorie count, and eat what I like.
Subcutaneous
christ not hungry?

Breakfast I had: 30g bowl of special k, skimmed milk, with a banana and muller light yogurt and a glass of orange juice

Lunch: Ready meal of a WW beef hot pot, diet coke and a handful of strawberries

Dinner: 100g of uncooked chidken (will be cooked), 30g of uncooked rice with vegetables, a large glass of white wine and a skinny cow icecream!

Not yet, im going to the gym later though, i will be when i get back.
Reply 16
Annie72
Going by the link I have had 1065 calories, but it may be slightly more as my evening meal ( home made chicken curry ) wasnt actually on the list of main meals.To be honest it doesnt seem a lot when a woman is allowed 2 thousand Kcal a day......but there is still time to increase that amount, lol. Anyway my total is a bit more than I have been having lately anyway.

keyword here is "average woman"

the average woman that that is based on is quite heavy

most girls/young women would need closer to 1500-1600 calories, 2000 probs if you are more active
Subcutaneous
To those who have low calorie intakes for today- do you find you struggle with your weight, or hunger- and are prone to binging? is it the RIGHT foods you're eating?

Im on a strict diet, and at times i feel REALLY hungry and just want to eat loads....if i feel like that, I just eat a whole load of fruit, water melon or something.
Reply 18
Adonis
keyword here is "average woman"

the average woman that that is based on is quite heavy

most girls/young women would need closer to 1500-1600 calories, 2000 probs if you are more active

Thanks , see I told you I didnt have a clue, lol.
Everyone is creepily healthy :lolwut:
By the end of today I will probaly be crawling into the arms of Mother Obesity having had about 2,000.

Latest

Trending

Trending