The Student Room Group

This is really annoying me!

Right, my best mate is 15 and she has recently started seeing an 18 year old. Her mum found out and totally went mental and grounded my mate and everything, she now is banned from seeing this lad, now surely any 18 year old would sense there is going to be fireworks and make a quick exit? But he has decided to stay around, and instead of going out on the pull.. he now spends night after night talking to her and comforting her as she cries her eyes out. Personally, I think he is silly for doing so.

She is now going to talk to her parents about it again and hope that she lets her see him, and if they dont then she said she will die of a broken heart, she is just being stupid and I cant talk to her without losing my temper, I have said why doesnt she meet him in secret, but she said no, surely if she loved him she would do whatever she could to be with him, am I right?

She said that they are texting each other every minute of everyday, and that means they are in love? She needs to look at it like this, if I was 18 and I seen a 15 year old I liked, if he parents told her she couldnt see me, I would pull out before things got serious and then we would both get over it after a while, but instead she cries herself to sleep and tries to cling onto something which clearly isnt there. Plus the 18 year old is meant to be a right minger, so no wonder he is sticking around, they havent even met each other face to face apart from one time a few weeks ago, and they have fallen in love, is this a match made in heaven? I dont think so..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ahh, I remember what it was like being a 15 year old girl. I did loads of stupid things and never let anyone stop me, and every time I thought it was love and the most important thing in the world!

Just rest assured that if your friend was anything like the 15 year old me, soon this thing will run its course and she'll be fine. If you happen to have any fit mates she might fancy, you might speed up the process by introducing them- it's true that the best way to get over someone is to get under another :wink:
Reply 2
Yeah, it'll all blow over sooner or later. These things do :smile: Just be ready to be there and help pick up the pieces.
Reply 3
"The power of love is a curious thing
Make a one man weep, make another man sing
Change a hawk to a little white dove
More than a feeling that’s the power of love"

- Huey Lewis

Really, you don't know her feelings. Advise, sure, but don't pretend that you know her situation better than she does. And if she does make the wrong choice, whatever that is, she can always learn from her mistakes.
Reply 4
Tell her the 18yr old has STD's and that he has mild leprosy.
Reply 5
Or, even better, just give him an STD. I can think of a few ways to do that easily.
one of my best friends had a similar situation.she was 14 and he was 18 or 19...anyways they did meet first so it isn't as if she blindly went into it..but still..she kept it a secret from her parents and some of our friends as well...i didn't like it...but what could i say? anyway her parents did find out and all hell broke lose! she kept talking to him and all in secret but after awhile broke it off...i guess she realised her parents trust is more important and it was too stressfull to keep up the secrecy... anyway it blew off eventually, although she still considers him a pretty great guy..although he started going out with another girl shortly after and we found out had dated quite a few 14yr olds in a nother school...
You've got to be not right to see someone under 16 if you're 18,19.
Reply 8
She really pissed me off last night, so I lost my temper with her, so she hasnt spoken to me since then.. so all I can do is wait for the ''relationship'' to end and then be there for her if she needs me, she has got her head in the clouds.
Reply 9
well you could always call the police. It is illegal for an 18 year old to be seeing a 15 year old. Even if they aren't sleeping together, whos to say he isn't 'grooming' her. :smile:
Reply 10
Well she has told me that ''you dont even know him to judge him'' I am a lad myself, I know how they work, so in actual fact I probably know more than her in that respect. It will all end in tears, but as I said she has her head in the clouds, she has never had much luck with lads, and it doesnt look like she will be lucky with this one.
Reply 11
Why can't an 18 year old pull someone his own age? 15 is way too immature for an 18 year old.
Reply 12
Lauren
Why can't an 18 year old pull someone his own age? 15 is way too immature for an 18 year old.

Shaun O'Keefe
Plus the 18 year old is meant to be a right minger, so no wonder he is sticking around.

:wink: .
Reply 13
Mop
:wink: .

There are equally minging female 18 year olds I'm sure... :confused:
Shaun O'Keefe
Right, my best mate is 15 and she has recently started seeing an 18 year old. Her mum found out and totally went mental and grounded my mate and everything, she now is banned from seeing this lad, now surely any 18 year old would sense there is going to be fireworks and make a quick exit? But he has decided to stay around, and instead of going out on the pull.. he now spends night after night talking to her and comforting her as she cries her eyes out. Personally, I think he is silly for doing so.

She is now going to talk to her parents about it again and hope that she lets her see him, and if they dont then she said she will die of a broken heart, she is just being stupid and I cant talk to her without losing my temper, I have said why doesnt she meet him in secret, but she said no, surely if she loved him she would do whatever she could to be with him, am I right?

She said that they are texting each other every minute of everyday, and that means they are in love? She needs to look at it like this, if I was 18 and I seen a 15 year old I liked, if he parents told her she couldnt see me, I would pull out before things got serious and then we would both get over it after a while, but instead she cries herself to sleep and tries to cling onto something which clearly isnt there. Plus the 18 year old is meant to be a right minger, so no wonder he is sticking around, they havent even met each other face to face apart from one time a few weeks ago, and they have fallen in love, is this a match made in heaven? I dont think so..

Well the fact that you called someone a minger is rude and has nothing to do with anything. you think of looks above anything else and that isn't right. you should be looking at personality.
Reply 15
The best way to handle it is to let her go, she has her own reasons and he'd have his.
Ignore her even though shes ur best mate....if shes pigheaded enough to want to go through all that again to be w/ this guy let her fight her own battles.
*casts mind back* i cant even remember being 15 :'(
Reply 16
Well when you care for someone you want to do all you can to make them happy, and I dont want to just ''leave'' my best mate to cry herself to sleep. I dont look for looks above anything else, I said ''the lad is meant to be a right minger'' because that is what a few of the other girls have told me. Which is probably why he cant find someone his own age, can I ask you all a question.. when you were 18 or when you reach 18, would you rather have a few one night stands, a few relationships with someone your own age w/ sex or would you rather sit in on the computer and talk to an obsessed 15 year old? I think I know what my answer would be.
Shaun O'Keefe
Well when you care for someone you want to do all you can to make them happy, and I dont want to just ''leave'' my best mate to cry herself to sleep. I dont look for looks above anything else, I said ''the lad is meant to be a right minger'' because that is what a few of the other girls have told me. Which is probably why he cant find someone his own age, can I ask you all a question.. when you were 18 or when you reach 18, would you rather have a few one night stands, a few relationships with someone your own age w/ sex or would you rather sit in on the computer and talk to an obsessed 15 year old? I think I know what my answer would be.

O.k i'm sorry to say that shaun. anyway you'll have to get to know the 18 year old to see what he's like to see what the reasons for his interest are.
Reply 18
I honestly cant see what an 18 year old would see in a 15 year old, I cant see how the age gap could make them have anything in common, and can you really be sure if you love someone because of what they tell you on MSN and by texting each other ''every minute of everyday'' her parents have told her they dont approve, and she is still talking to him, surely if she had any sense she would end it rather than fall more and more in love.
Reply 19
IgnorantDreamer
one of my best friends had a similar situation.she was 14 and he was 18 or 19...anyways they did meet first so it isn't as if she blindly went into it..but still..she kept it a secret from her parents and some of our friends as well...i didn't like it...but what could i say? anyway her parents did find out and all hell broke lose! she kept talking to him and all in secret but after awhile broke it off...i guess she realised her parents trust is more important and it was too stressfull to keep up the secrecy... anyway it blew off eventually, although she still considers him a pretty great guy..although he started going out with another girl shortly after and we found out had dated quite a few 14yr olds in a nother school...

i think i know this person:ninja: :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending