The Student Room Group

undecided about course/ uni

my firm was aston for business management however have decided to change to economics and politics at that uni which doesnt seem bad however i didnt want to go to aston eventhough i firmed it and tried uob during clearing but they said there was no space which was expected but still annoying tbh. i did call other places during clearing and also got an offer from essex to study ppe ( philosophy, politics, economics) however it is much further and im not sure if thats where i want to go or if i should just go aston. i just feel unsure about where i should go or if i should just stick it out with aston it doesnt seem bad at all but ig theres just this stigma around it and i feel like i couldve done better but i just messed up my intial application. ive tried looking at other unis too to see if theres any i would like but im not having much luck
You've said right at the beginning of your post that you 'didn't want to go to aston even though (you) firmed it'- sounds like you don't want to go! You'll be attending for 3+ years and you'll accrue a lot of debt, so it's really important that you go to a uni that you really like and genuinely think you'd enjoy being at. Maybe an option for you is to take a gap year and reapply to UOB and other unis you may like more during the next application cycle?
Original post by xoul.444
my firm was aston for business management however have decided to change to economics and politics at that uni which doesnt seem bad however i didnt want to go to aston eventhough i firmed it and tried uob during clearing but they said there was no space which was expected but still annoying tbh. i did call other places during clearing and also got an offer from essex to study ppe ( philosophy, politics, economics) however it is much further and im not sure if thats where i want to go or if i should just go aston. i just feel unsure about where i should go or if i should just stick it out with aston it doesnt seem bad at all but ig theres just this stigma around it and i feel like i couldve done better but i just messed up my intial application. ive tried looking at other unis too to see if theres any i would like but im not having much luck

Would you have the grades to reapply to Birmingham next year if you took a gap year?
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
Would you have the grades to reapply to Birmingham next year if you took a gap year?

i would have the alevel grades but i checked the course and my maths gcse grade is too low which is annoying and i’m not sure if i can retake maths gcse since i did them 2 years ago
Reply 4
Original post by Squiggles1238
You've said right at the beginning of your post that you 'didn't want to go to aston even though (you) firmed it'- sounds like you don't want to go! You'll be attending for 3+ years and you'll accrue a lot of debt, so it's really important that you go to a uni that you really like and genuinely think you'd enjoy being at. Maybe an option for you is to take a gap year and reapply to UOB and other unis you may like more during the next application cycle?

aston emailed me saying i can’t change to the economics and politics course because of my gcse math grade which is annoying and i looked over the business and management one and i don’t like any of the modules. i could take a gap year and reapply but i don’t really have a plan for a whole year and what to do during it and my parents don’t really want me wasting a year doing nothing. the only option i have now is probably essex but i’m still not feeling 100%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending