The Student Room Group

brother didn't stand up for me against his homophobic gf!

anon because i'm not out to some people who have accounts on here.

my brothers girlfriend was over at our house the other day and we got in a bit of an argument. she's homophobic and i'm gay. she started saying how she thought i was disgusting and stuff like that. said that if her little sister (who is my age) was gay she would disown her!

she was being pretty horrible (she's generally just a bitchy person.) and my brother just sat there and didn't stand up for me! :frown: If anyones going to say 'oh but it's his girlfriend.. blah blah' then don't.! He should have stood up for me - i'm his sister, he's known me 18 years and known her like a few months. she's a ******* idiot. she has him whipped and it's pissing me off!!!

my brother is very accepting of my sexuality so i find it surprising that he would even want to date someone who is so against gay people. my best friend is asian and i wouldn't date someone who hates asians!!! :mad:

basically how do i tell my brother to man the **** up and stand up to his bitch of a girlfriend?!?!?! also - what should i do about her? i feel like punching her in the face whenever i see her she winds me up so much.

Scroll to see replies

Well I'd ignore her, if she really is a bitch your brother will **** her and drop her soon enough. Also there's nothing wrong with confronting here, when she's around next time smack that hoe up.
Reply 2
Seems your bro. is hypnotized in someway by that kebab face.Tell her to use the 8 inch pink bugs next time.
Reply 3
Seems that your brother agrees
Reply 4
Beat the crap out of her
Reply 5
just punch her in the face if you want to. what a bitch.
Reply 6
Just sit down with your brother and tell him that it is not OK for his girlfriend to speak to you like that.

I would never let a stranger - yes, bf/gh/husband/wife/partner etc are strangers when compared to blood relatives - speak ill of a family member of mine.

Or, you could just slap that homophobic ****.
Talk to him, and then beat her.
Reply 8
WOW thats kinda deep, though if my little bro was gay i'd probably disown him too, would be hard tho!
Reply 9
Yawn11
though if my little bro was gay i'd probably disown him too.

Why?
If a girlfriend of mine spoke to my sister like that, I'd show her the door to put it bluntly.
Reply 11
fire2burn
If a girlfriend of mine spoke to my sister like that, I'd show her the door to put it bluntly.

i wish my brother would. usually he's very over protective and wouldn't let anyone treat me like that but it's just this girl.. as i said she has him completely whipped!

If it was a guy who spoke to me like that i'm pretty sure he would knock him out.. urgh.
Reply 12
Anonymous
i wish my brother would. usually he's very over protective and wouldn't let anyone treat me like that but it's just this girl.. as i said she has him completely whipped!

If it was a guy who spoke to me like that i'm pretty sure he would knock him out.. urgh.

Honestly, there is no excuse for your brother to stay quite in this situation.

Also, there are a lot of women out there who aren't freaks (ie homophobes), so it is not like your brother hasn't got much choice if he decided to dump this fool.
Anonymous

Probably one of these psycho bitches. He'll come to his senses eventually once she start boiling the family pets and things.
Reply 14
yes, i'm a girl. :smile:

hmm, i was thinking about confronting her. i mean - obviously when she was rude to me i defended myself but didn't really make an argument out of it. i don't want to have some on-going argument with her even though i do hate her! but for my brothers sake i want to attempt to get along with her.. even if i am mad at him for letting this slide!

should i confront her or speak to my brother first and ask why he's letting her treat me like this? hmm.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15
Gerps
Why?

Theres sooooo many ways to break it down, but to put it simply its cause he'd be a gay.
Reply 16
Anonymous
she started saying how she thought i was disgusting and stuff like that. said that if her little sister (who is my age) was gay she would disown her!

She is a disturbing and disgraceful human being. Homophobia is something that I've never really seen a good logical basis for. Usually claiming it's disgusting... but then I make the argument that I find the taste of pumpkins disgusting, so I should hate everyone who does like eating pumpkin? It's so easy to debate someone with a homophobic view into embarrassment.

I love how people claim it's unnatural, it's fun then, to show them that homosexuality very much exists in nature.

It is just far too easy.
Reply 17
I'd be exceptionally offended. You need to just get face to face with your brother and tell him how she (obviously) makes you feel. As your brother he must feel a little bit responsible for bringing such an awful girl home who gave you that torrent of abuse. What right does she have? Tell her to bugger off, homophobic idiot.

It's ironic in a way that it's the homophobes who make me sick ...
Reply 18
Yawn11
Theres sooooo many ways to break it down, but to put it simply its cause he'd be a gay.

Lol, the reason you won't expand on that is because you can't.
But since you say that there are so many ways, show me even one! It should be easy for you! :wink:
Reply 19
Yawn11

You haven't actually answered the question. Why does your brother being gay mean that you must disown him? Are you some sort of Christian fundamentalist?

Latest

Trending

Trending