The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes
Reply 2
Yes i have short term memory! But cramming in a couple of day NOT the day before!
Reply 3
It helps little things, mostly it helps me recognise things in an exam. I can't reel anything off, but given the question I can most likely work it out then after thinking back.
Reply 4
Yes. I find that I take in more information when I'm stressed, so the closer I get to an exam the easier it is for me to revise :smile:
as long as you understand everything previously, and you have enough time to read everything
Reply 6
I always thought cramming never worked but I somehow managed it for my previous exams and thought I done ok, but I'll wait for the results before I say anything for definite
Reply 7
Yes. I thrive under pressure. Sometimes I even surprise myself.
I've been revising since April
and in the final week things are just starting to sink in,
so yes.

I do well under pressure. :p:
Reply 9
yes. in both my first and second years of uni i attend maybe 15% of lectures, and just cram a month before the exams and am doing fine so far.. its more stressful but it works.
It had to work for me, I'd love to have started revising properly before though :sigh:
sonic_89
yes. in both my first and second years of uni i attend maybe 15% of lectures, and just cram a month before the exams and am doing fine so far.. its more stressful but it works.

A month :eek3:

Cramming is the two days before an exam! A month is basically a chilled out luxury holiday of revision :colonhash:
Reply 12
I always cram two days before. Before that nothing goes into my head. I reckon my brain can sense the urgency to learn so it starts to actually bother remembering!
Reply 13
yes but not hours before the exam or anything.
There's nothing like cramming to the extent where you learn the last little bit as the exams officer/whatever is shouting "ALRIGHT QUIEETTT. Now, rows *your row* go into the hall" - That's last minute :smile: (Did that with my FP2 last chapter).

However, in terms of cramming 2 days before, yes, this works extraordinarily well for me, but I remembet **** all after the exams finished. Which is bad for subsequent modules...
Reply 15
:yep: i usually start revision 1 or 2 weeks before my exams, before that i hardly know what we've been learning about in lectures :sigh:
Reply 16
Colbert
A month :eek3:

Cramming is the two days before an exam! A month is basically a chilled out luxury holiday of revision :colonhash:

yeh i agree cramming is done in a few days but in my case ive never seen the material before in my life so i find 1 months hard work makes up for the years doss..
Yup, night & morning before :wink: although these ones now I've stared about 2 days prior to exam :P Now I'm gonna revise during all the rest of half term :wink:
Yup, though I'll wait till results to see if it actually worked.
For my previous exams it was just day before revision. Worked for most of my subjects but it just doesn't work for maths for me. But for my final A2s I'm not risking it. I've already started revising for most of my subjects bar maths.. So I'll have done about 1-2 weeks worth of revision which is loads for me.

Latest