The Student Room Group

Break up with her - but still want her to be mine!?

I have decided to leave my girlfriend, who I've loved more than life itself, devoted hours and hours a day in trying to make her as happy as she can be, tried to better myself to be the best boyfriend I can ever be for her. There's no doubt she is the love of my life and our relationship was an extremely serious relationship.

It is true love, but unfortunately love isn't always fair. The relationship isn't going as well as we'd like she has some personal problems and has completely changed as a person. As she is right now, she is not the girl I fell in love with. I can barely recognise her, she loves me still but has changed for the worse. We talk as if we're merely strangers now and I've tried to stay strong so I can support her but I'm just so hurt by all this...it's tough to see that the person you love is no longer there in spirit but only as a body.

What I'm finding hard is letting her go, because I love her she loves me and there aren't any direct problems with the relationship..just that she's a completely different person now. She says nobody compares to me and she could never love anybody again, which she obviously thinks now but obviously it will happen some time in the future. In all this breaking up business, for some reason the thing that's upsetting me more is not that we won't be together, but that she no longer will be mine...that one day she'll be somebody elses. It's almost like I selfishly want her to be mine, and if she can't be mine then nobody else's.

Everybody keeps saying I will find a person eventually and it's all for the best, but I'm adamant I'll never meet a person as complete as her she was just everything to perfection...almost as if nature blended all the qualities I look for and she was the result.

Have you ever felt this way breaking up with the love of your life? How did you cope?
Hey man i know how you feel. Although we went through different situations i also know how it feels to let someone go whilst knowing you cant. When you love someone it is hard to think of life without them, especially when one experiences such a deep love like you are. What i think you need to do is take some time out, discover what you really want. Talk to her deeply and dont hold anything back share all your feelings and tell her how you really feel. Although she might have changed you have to acknowledge that you are finding it torturous to let her go which means the love is still there. Relationships as deep as this one are bound to come across road blocks and barriers and you must learn to push through them together. I know how it feels to be in pain over someone you love and trust me it is one of the worst feelings but the fact that you feel this way shows your love and commitment to her and the relationship on the whole. You must try to get through this as you never want to go through life thinking what if ?. Good luck man, i hope i have helped and i hope everything works out for you :crossedf:

Latest

Trending

Trending