The Student Room Group

I feel like I’m overwhelming my only and closet dream girl (she cares about me)

Hi everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone could help me out a bit. There’s this girl at my college and she’s lovely and ever so sweet, we’ve met up a few times and she’s very comforting and supporting. However, the other day I invited her round to mine and we sat on the sofa together watch some stuff, but mainly chatting, and even though she’s just so lovely, I just kept repeating the same things over and over again, I was really scared (not of her, but I think just of my future if she wasn’t supporting me). Basically, I keep apologising to her and getting a bit upset due to thinking about my own thoughts (relating to bad times at school and social life) and also thinking about when she told me that last academic year she had bad mental health and was off college because of it, it breaks my heart.

To try and sum it up, basically, I’m worried that I’m overwhelming her, because I’m pretty depressed, she’s the only friend I have, the only one keeping me actually going in sixth form, but I’m worried that it’s too much for her and I don’t want to upset her, nor for her to stop talking to me. Hopefully that kind of makes sense.

Also, me and her are in our last year of sixth form (Year 13)
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone could help me out a bit. There’s this girl at my college and she’s lovely and ever so sweet, we’ve met up a few times and she’s very comforting and supporting. However, the other day I invited her round to mine and we sat on the sofa together watch some stuff, but mainly chatting, and even though she’s just so lovely, I just kept repeating the same things over and over again, I was really scared (not of her, but I think just of my future if she wasn’t supporting me). Basically, I keep apologising to her and getting a bit upset due to thinking about my own thoughts (relating to bad times at school and social life) and also thinking about when she told me that last academic year she had bad mental health and was off college because of it, it breaks my heart.

To try and sum it up, basically, I’m worried that I’m overwhelming her, because I’m pretty depressed, she’s the only friend I have, the only one keeping me actually going in sixth form, but I’m worried that it’s too much for her and I don’t want to upset her, nor for her to stop talking to me. Hopefully that kind of makes sense.

Also, me and her are in our last year of sixth form (Year 13)

Talk to her about how you feel!! Basically this post but explain it to her and ask her if she feels overwhelmed. I doubt it, but also all of us Year 13s are pretty overwhelmed right now so she probably thinks it’s normal. But yeah, talk to her :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Talk to her about how you feel!! Basically this post but explain it to her and ask her if she feels overwhelmed. I doubt it, but also all of us Year 13s are pretty overwhelmed right now so she probably thinks it’s normal. But yeah, talk to her :smile:

Ok, thank you, I’ve asked her before if I was too much for her, but I’ll try and ask her again. Thanks again :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending