The Student Room Group

Weird thing on my foot

I've had this strange thing on my foot for ages, a few months. Anyway it started off like a spot, then I attacked it because I don't like spots. Underneath it looks like a hole in my skin, then like dried blood stuck in my skin. I've got the dried blood out a few times, then it heals over, then it just comes back again. I'm currently in the middle of trying to gouge it out again, it hurts quite a lot and always ends up bleeding though.

Any idea what it is and how can I get rid of it, cos it's pissing me off.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
blood blister. i always get ONE when i go to portugal because i walk bare footed EVERYWHERE. pick off the skin, then literally dig in until you get all the blood (dried out). don't get it dirty and it should be fine.
i'd say its a veruca which has been infected, i had one a few years back and i keptignoring it until a year after my whole toe was covered with in black , then i had to get it burnet off! now dont let that happen
Reply 3
ooh, started off as a spot. usually blood blisters look just that, blood under the skin.
qarishahg
then i had to get it burnet off!

Your toe or the veruca? :redface:
Reply 5
Eek. I don't know what a verucca looks like. How do I get rid of it? Should I go to the doctors? Can I just gouge it out? (My solution for any form of blemishes and it normally works!).
Reply 6
Here are a couple of pics or verucca's.... here and here they're not too pretty so WARNING: If you don't like this type of thing...DON'T LOOK, I just thought it might help Lauren, see if hers looks like that. If it does, I would recommend going to get it frozen off at the docs.
Reply 7
Not all veruccas look that scary!! If there is a lot of hard skin around it then it could well be a verucca...surely there would be quite a bit of blood in a blood blister??
Reply 8
No I know not all verucca's look that scary, I just posted the pictures that had blood in them...believe me there were some pics much worse! :puke:

It could be a blood blister though, you're right! I just thought it might be a verucca as when Lauren gouges it out, it comes back again.
Reply 9
yeh i do think that it sounds more like a verucca.
Reply 10
Ew gross. My foot definitely doesn't look like that. It has one tiny red/brown dot that looks like dried blood. I can't find anything sharp to attack it with, but when I have done, it bleeds like hell.

How do you get rid of a verucca? What are they exactly? Like infected spots or something?
Reply 11
i think you canalso buy stuff over the counter at pharmacies to treat veruccas. might be cheaper than getting a prescription. but if you're worried, of course go see your GP.
Reply 12
lessthanthree
I pulled my verucca out actually, but the best thing to do is get a referral from a GP to have it properly and safely removed. if it is infact, a verucca at all!

i pulled mine out too, was such a relief when it came out roots and all! and i had a big hole in my foot for a few weeks afterwards...
Reply 13
How do you get rid of a verucca? What are they exactly? Like infected spots or something?

Veruccas are warts, caused by viruses, which grow, well..like warts. The like to sit on cool bodyparts, that is why they are usually found on hands and feet. They tend to bleed (veruccas, not all warts) when manipulated.

Where exactly on your foot is the thing?
See your GP and get some peace of mind!
Sounds like a verucca to be honest-they shouldn't be picked as they don't like it! Bazuca that verucca is crap, but yo can get a thing to freeze it off from Boots. Costs about £11 ponds tho-best to got to the Doc prob as then you won't have to pay.
Reply 16
It's on the bottom of my foot. Sadly not on the heel (I have no sensation there). How do you pull it out?

The last time I tried to attack it in a big way there was lots of blood and it went something like *Poke*, "Ow", *Poke*, "Ow", *Bleed mucho*. :frown:
Reply 17
Leisure17
Veruccas are warts, caused by viruses, which grow, well..like warts. The like to sit on cool bodyparts, that is why they are usually found on hands and feet. They tend to bleed (veruccas, not all warts) when manipulated.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so I've got something growing in my foot????? Eurgh that's gross. I'm definitely getting rid of that like right now! Ewwwwwww
You need to know what it is before you can safely do anything with it if I was you I'd toddle off to the doctors as soon as you can and you'll soon find out what it is and how to get rid of it :smile:
Lauren
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so I've got something growing in my foot????? Eurgh that's gross. I'm definitely getting rid of that like right now! Ewwwwwww

technically no. what is growing is essentially you, but doing so much faster than it really aught. a verruca isin't a big lump of bacteria or fungus, but instead a big lump of you which is being stimulated to grow by viral infection. same as a cold sore really or herpetic sods...

anywho you can go get baazooka gel or something similar from teh shops. they work by irritating and eroding back the verruca, and simultaneous exposing the virus therein to the immune system. its like firing a flare over an emnemey camp so you can doa bombing run.
your immune system will basically clear the rest.

Latest

Trending

Trending