The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't worry about nerves, the examiners don't want you to fail, some will be nicer than others but in general they'll know how you feel! Just focus on the road, the nerves made my adrenalin kick in which actually made my decision making a bit better!
As for the roundabout thing, usually you should exit a roundabout in the left hand lane, enter the roundabout in the right lane if you are turning right, check your mirrors for any cars in the left hand lane after the 1st/2nd exit, and if it is safe move to the left, if it is not safe then the car behind you has probably made a mistake and you'll just have to exit in the right hand lane, no harm done.
When it come to stalling, try lowering the clutch a bit and rev a bit more, it may make a noise but theoretically should make you move away. With a new car it always takes time to adjust, after passing my test i bought myself a car and it took several weeks of driving before i adjusted to the clutch control etc.
Good luck.
Ashlie16
Yeah paranoid thats what I meant. I get so confused because there is a big roundabout I have gone on before which has 4 lanes on approach,

Left, left and straight on arrow, right and straight on, and right.

Because there is 2 lanes at each exit, i assumed Left was for leaving on left in left lane only, left and straight on being leaving in the right lane when turning left (first exit) or leaving in the left when going straight on, and right and straight on being leaving in right lane when going straight on or right. do you no what i mean. This is why i get so confused.

This is essentially correct, however, once you've entered the roundabout in the correct lane as you stated, you then need to change lanes as you circle the roundabout so that when you leave the roundabout you are in the left hand lane, or, if you plan to over-take or turn right soon, be in the middle lane as you leave. If there are 3/4 lanes to a roundabout you should not be leaving the roundabout straight from the 3rd or 4th lane but the 1st and 2nd.
Reply 22
Its normal to feel nervous, I kept putting off going in for my test as I kept thinking I was going to be too nervous and automatically mess it up, but if you know how to drive then that's what you need to keep telling yourself!

I kept worrying about stalling as well when I was in a rush but just try focus on a gap for you to go, if you do that then your less likely to stall as your thinking about something else and not sitting panicking about stalling. Give plenty of gas mind!

I failed the first time but it helped me know what the driving test was like and I passed the second time. I remember I was extremely nervous encase I failed again and felt so panicky before hand but once your in the car your nerves start to drift off as you concentrate on driving. My examiner was laid back and made me feel more at ease so im sure yours will be like that too. :smile:

Good luck on your test and try not stress yourself out about it! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending