The Student Room Group

My boyfriend treats me like I'm stupid

In the beginning it was quite funny and sometimes it still is him just making fun of me and it's quite funny but it's becoming really annoying when he won't take me seriously about stuff that I know more about than him.

Anytime I try to be happy about my degree result he just dismisses it because I'm doing an arts degree and he's doing a science one (incidentally he failed his year whilst I got a first and one of the highest marks in my year). It really annoys me that he acts as though I haven't done any work at all when I have had a job on top of my uni work and have actually worked hard to achieve my result and the only reason he failed is because he's been really lazy.

I'm just annoyed because I feel like I'm being constantly talked down to. Sometimes it funny but I really don't like being taken for an idiot. I have tried to talking to him about it but he just laughs and says I'm being silly (which I again find very patronising).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dump him fool. :h:
Tell him how you feel. It's not nice, and if it's constant, it might start having a more long term impact.

If things don't change, then maybe it's time for plan b.
Reply 3
Well duh.....everyone knows science degrees are better than arts degrees. :wink:
Reply 4
Well, he's being a dick but you'll have to talk to him about it. We can't do anything.
exursist
Well duh.....everyone knows science degrees are better than arts degrees. :wink:

Degrees - maybe.
But she got a first and he failed. How exactly is he better?
dump.
Reply 7
Mind games or power games == dump. :fyi:
Reply 8
Just tell him to stop! be serious with him and explain to him how much it bothers you.
Narik

This :yep:
Reply 10
dont talk to him shout at him
Go all Gordon Freeman on him and beat his ass down with a crowbar.
Reply 12
Art subjects are dossy, let's not kid ourselves.
Reply 13
It's called banter?
Reply 14
Maybe you should stop talking about your great mark to someone whos just failed their year? Just a thought, of course you wanna talk about it but can you not see how that insensitive?
Reply 15
FieldLeftBlank
Degrees - maybe.
But she got a first and he failed. How exactly is he better?

haha, i like the maybe there
lol, no we just take the micky out of people who do arts degrees

it can be just as good
btw what are you studying? assuming your studying and not working
Sounds like a jerk with an inferiority complex. Dump.
Reply 17
Narik

are you joking? seriousely? dump him coz of that? wee bit harsh
and btw, I own sport, not You!!! :wink:
Reply 18
exursist
are you joking? seriousely? dump him coz of that? wee bit harsh
and btw, I own sport, not You!!! :wink:

Save yourself the embarrassement mate. :hand:
Reply 19
I read somewhere that some boys cannot cope with not being the best, they think they have to be alpha, beta is not good enough. If they can't be the best some boys actively compete for being the worst, since they can't cope with being mediocre. (Whereas supposedly most girls who are beta just get on with it.) This was used to explain in some article why on average boys do worse than girls at school, especially given the lack of male role-models.

(This is not my opinion but I found it an interesting point of view.)

SO the question is, do you really want to be with a gamma boy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending