The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

helpneeded-a
This is the same position im in.
But ISNT RESITTING IN JANUARY AN OPTION?!
:frown:

Well I'm a bit confused abut whether I can still apply for unis that don't require ... like E's if I do fail and need to resit :s-smilie: but someone just said before it goes as undeclared or something.. so that makes me feel better. I guess I just need ot wait and see, I feel a it better now :smile:
helpneeded-a
Ehrm, a couple of people resit in my school, first they have DDEA and then they'd resit,work hard and come out with AABC? i'd be more than happy with that.

So if I were to get like D's and E's... can I still apply for university this year?
Lizzzle
A2's demand a lot of your attention anyway + potential January Exams
Getting distracted with revising AS levels is likely to decrease your overall performance for both AS & A2's
Not having regular teaching over the material of your AS's is likely to affect your performance
A2's build on the knowledge you learnt at AS, you didn't achieve the grades at AS how can you expect to improve at A2?
The amount of money to resit numerous exams in January (around Christmas) and the possibilty of spending even more money on resits on June & July could leave you out of pocket of more than £100
Also applying for Universities off of your AS results will make it difficult to get offers from the top universities, and put your teachers under pressure to give you a good prediction grade

plus many more reasons.

Your parents will probably be mad at you for resitting the year, but in terms of longevity it makes more sense to resit the year than put yourself under that kind of pressure for A2 where you could potentially do even worse.

This is like exactly what has been going through my head on deciding what to do, and whether I should just leave school... but then I'll be in an even worse situation so I'm going to stop being ridiculous thinking that.
mehhh.....hi.
Well I'm a bit confused abut whether I can still apply for unis that don't require ... like E's if I do fail and need to resit :s-smilie: but someone just said before it goes as undeclared or something.. so that makes me feel better. I guess I just need ot wait and see, I feel a it better now :smile:

Ugh, :'(
What do you want to do at uni? :/

i bet youve done way better than me tbh

i didnt revise till hours before the exam, i didnt finish history and i didnt finish english BIGTIME.

im so screwed.
mehhh.....hi.
So if I were to get like D's and E's... can I still apply for university this year?

I guess so, you just have to resit and meet the conditional offer. Just beg for high predicted grades :frown:
helpneeded-a
Ugh, :'(
What do you want to do at uni? :/

i bet youve done way better than me tbh

i didnt revise till hours before the exam, i didnt finish history and i didnt finish english BIGTIME.

im so screwed.

I want to do psychology :/ but I don't think I have a chance. I did crap, the only thing I think I have passed in health and social care ... seriously so I am screwed. I've done horrendously bad in law, like I seriously think I got a U! Possibly an E. Either way I'm screwed.

What do you want to do?
mehhh.....hi.
I want to do psychology :/ but I don't think I have a chance. I did crap, the only thing I think I have passed in health and social care ... seriously so I am screwed. I've done horrendously bad in law, like I seriously think I got a U! Possibly an E. Either way I'm screwed.

What do you want to do?

I want to do law, so I really need to have AAB by a2, and im so scared they wont accept me if i have CBDE, even if i do resit and exceed the conditonal offer? ;/
helpneeded-a
I want to do law, so I really need to have AAB by a2, and im so scared they wont accept me if i have CBDE, even if i do resit and exceed the conditonal offer? ;/

Ah yeah I feel sorry for you I would be stressing liek mad if I wanted to do a competitive course like Law, but I seriously don't get any of the uni application process.. even if you resit do they see your AS results that your going to resit :confused: I'm so confused :frown:
mehhh.....hi.
Ah yeah I feel sorry for you I would be stressing liek mad if I wanted to do a competitive course like Law, but I seriously don't get any of the uni application process.. even if you resit do they see your AS results that your going to resit :confused: I'm so confused :frown:

Well, if i dont get that good grades, i'll do politics, which i guess i can do anywhere, but i havnt done anythign i could write on my personal statement for politics...

:|
helpneeded-a
Well, if i dont get that good grades, i'll do politics, which i guess i can do anywhere, but i havnt done anythign i could write on my personal statement for politics...

:|

Well I'm sure you could adapt what you have done maybe, and quickly do something maybe, like even if it's just joining some society or starting some sort of quick politics club at school.... crap suggestions but I'm sure you can easily get something sorted if you need to :smile:
I haven't even set up my ucas thing yet because I've been so convinced I've failed and will end up resitting the year :/
Reply 30
helpneeded-a
Ehrm, a couple of people resit in my school, first they have DDEA and then they'd resit,work hard and come out with AABC? i'd be more than happy with that.

I mean, it's completely down to you - you don't actually know how well you've done so this entire thread could be redundant

I just simply listed the possible repercussions if you weren't to re-take the year and decided to resit the exams instead

And plus that's a couple of people within your school - that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen to you.
There are lots of factors that could influence them getting their grades as opposed to the hypothetical situation of you getting top grades after poor AS results

Considering it's a decision that could potentially influence where you go to university, what type of degree you have and the lead ons from that

I personally, wouldn't take the chance.

But that's just me.
Reply 31
mehhh.....hi.
I'm panicking because tbh I think I have got like CEE, possibly a U tbh :s-smilie: and i don't know what to do next year if that's what I have :s-smilie:
My parents will be angry and I actually don't know what to tell them.. truth is I didn't revise and sat on here instead :mad: and I'm not sure whether I should resit the year and stay at school another 2 years or what!? And whether I should go to college to do that or stay at the school I'm at now :confused: But if I go to college that means waiting to January to start, or possibly next September

This is basically just a ramble of me panicking but I really don't know what would be for the best :frown:

Why would you have to wait till next september to go to college, contact them now about the a levels you want to do with them
dg2009
Why would you have to wait till next september to go to college, contact them now about the a levels you want to do with them

Because it says that applications are over now and I thought they would have courses full and classes sorted, but I guess I can ring if necessary and give it a shot.
Reply 33
Man!!!.....almost fainted when i saw my results, quite bad!!. My results can't get me into a good university.
And time is going, please what do you think I can do to enter university quickly.:confused:
dboy437
Man!!!.....almost fainted when i saw my results, quite bad!!. My results can't get me into a good university.
And time is going, please what do you think I can do to enter university quickly.:confused:

Clearing is there for a reason...
Reply 35
your result ?
dboy437

wait, aren't A level results out this Thursday? :s-smilie:
How do you have your results before Thursday 19th?
Reply 38
SpEeDyZ
your result ?

CDE maths chem phy
helpneeded-a
Surrey wants abb.
law- they care where you go for uni.

sure

Latest